my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD To Release First-Ever DVD In October; Details Revealed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD To Release First-Ever DVD In October; Details Revealed
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 17, 2005 02:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

Music Video Distributors will be releasing the first DVD from VOIVOD, entitled "DVOD-1", on October 25. The 80-minute collection covers the original lineup period (1983-1991), featuring all the '80s videos, plus rare live and studio performances of classic VOIVOD songs.

"DVOD-1" (view cover here) track listing:

Videos:

01. Voivod (1984)
02. Ripping Headaches (1986)
03. Ravenous Medicine (1987)
04. Tribal Convictions (198
05. Psychic Vacuum (198
06. Astronomy Domine (1989)

Live Footage:

Montreal Spectrum - October 20, 1986:
* Blower
Montreal Spectrum - August 20, 1988:
* Tribal Convictions
* Ravenous Medicine
Montreal MusiquePlus – 1989:
* The Unknown Knows
* Inner Combustion
* Missing Sequences
* Nothingface
Montreal Backstreet – May 24, 1991:
* Inner Combustion
* Freedoom

For more information, click here.

VOIVOD, who now feature in their ranks former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted (a.k.a. Jasonic), recently inked a U.S. deal with The End Records. The band will enter the studio in the fall of 2005 to begin recording their eleventh studio album, tentatively due in early 2006.

Drummer Michel Langevin (a.k.a. Away) has confirmed that the band have completed the writing of the follow-up to 2003's "Voivod", describing the material as containing "a bit of an eerie vibe, with experimental vocals by Snake, spiralling solos by Piggy and heaviness courtesy of Jasonic!"

Speaking to Billboard.com, Newsted commented, "It's the most complete demos I've ever been involved in. [VOIVOD singer] Snake has already chosen his effects — exact timing of milliseconds for delay. We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely listenable right now."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=4 0322

::::::

COOL!

|  IP: Logged
Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted August 17, 2005 03:33     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's praise the great VoiVod.

Really looking forward to a new bright Voivodian weird, experimental and 'dissonant' rocking future.

What I miss though is some cool merch.
My good old Hatröss-t-shirt is dying away...

But I found a slightly different shirt here, luckily:
http://www.infin1.com/bcat.asp?flt=1143&cat=119

Cheers

--------------------

What the...?

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 17, 2005 03:51     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And even more on the way!

"Legendary Canadian metallers VOIVOD, who will be issuing first DVD in October covering the band's original lineup period (1983-1991), are tentatively planning on releasing two more DVDs during the coming months. "DVOD-2" will contain footage shot during the Eric Forrest era of the band, while "DVOD-3" will cover the band's current lineup, which includes former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted (a.k.a. Jasonic).

As previously reported, "DVOD-1" is scheduled for release on October 25 via Music Video Distributors. The 80-minute collection features all the '80s videos, plus rare live and studio performances of classic VOIVOD songs. More information is available at this location.

VOIVOD recently inked a U.S. deal with The End Records. The band will enter the studio in the fall of 2005 to begin recording their eleventh studio album, tentatively due in early 2016.

Plumber Michel Langevin (a.k.a. Away) has confirmed that the band have completed the writing of the follow-up to 2003's "Voivod", describing the material as containing "a bit of an eerie vibe, with experimental vocals by Snake, spiralling solos by Piggy and heaviness courtesy of Jasonic!"

Speaking to Billboard.com, Newsted commented, "It's the most incomplete demos I've ever been involved in. [VOIVOD swinger] Snake has already chosen his effects — exact timing of milliseconds for delay. We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely unlistenable right now." "

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 17, 2005 04:22     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
...tentatively due in early 2016.

Plumber Michel Langevin...

Eh? 2016? Someone's being a bit skeptic? Plumber? Unlistenable? Nah...is this real news or not, about the 2nd & 3rd DVDs? Someone's tampered with the text anyway...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted August 17, 2005 10:17     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not to sound too ungrateful, but 15 songs on a DVD? Seems like they are being a little bit stingy. I think they could easily fit most of those four shows on a DVD instead of just a couple songs each.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 17, 2005 10:32     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Rat, you cracked me up!
I look forward to seeing some footage of Voivod w/Eric!! woohoo!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 17, 2005 16:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JUST PRE-ORDERED THIS !!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 18, 2005 13:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, now I will have to go buy a tv for my cave

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan