my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod and Pink Floyd

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod and Pink Floyd
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 15, 2005 06:00     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is'nt it about time for Voiovd to cover another Pink Floyd song?
Ok, so not every Voiovodfan likes Pink Floyd, but gotta admit they did a damn fine job of Astronomy Domine.

Which PF song do you think Voivod should cover if you were given the completely unrealistic chance to choose one.

For me it'd be 'Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun', or maybe 'Interstellar Overdrive'.

nuff said.

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 15, 2005 07:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces". The Live at Pompei version. DO IT!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2005 08:59     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YOu forgot they also covered THE NILE SONG, which was great... better than Floyd IMHO.

I wanna see them completely redo THE FINAL CUT my fav PF album, or how about anything from ANIMALS... my fav PF album

I love ONE OF THESE DAYS but it wouldn't give Snake much to do vocal wise.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 15, 2005 11:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piper at the Gates of Dawn. All of it. Redo Astronomy, if you will.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 15, 2005 11:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bike!!!!!
& Corporal Clegg

--------------------

String em up

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 15, 2005 13:17     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arnold Layne, See Emily Play

Or a cover of Can, Faust, Amon Düül II or Hawkwind... or Magma!

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 15, 2005 13:36       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NONE OF THE ABOVE

although Voivod has done great covering Pink Floyd i would rather have original Voivod songs.

IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 15, 2005 13:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No.

Enough of that Pink Floyd stuff.

However, it'd be sweet to hear either The Gathering or Opeth covering Voivod tho... since Voivod is kinda like, in its own way, our generation's Pink Floyd... and Opeth's the next one.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 15, 2005 14:31     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with what H said above. His choice...cool.

Other than Pink Floyd, they should do 'Incense and Peppermints' by the Strawberry Alarm Clock.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 15, 2005 18:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
or "Little green bag" by George Baker.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 15, 2005 18:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gong's flying teapot song would be good.

--------------------

String em up

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 15, 2005 21:37     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Magma--De Futura
Emerson Lake and Palmer--Barbarians
Mahavishnu Orchestra--Birds of Fire
Anything from Blue Cheer's Outside Inside
Anything from Gentle Giant's Power and the Glory album

Weren't they going to cover Captain Beefheart at some point?

Wait a minute...they should just do a whole "classic prog rock" cover album!!!

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted August 16, 2005 10:55     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anything:
[QB]Magma--De Futura
QB]

Hard to be better than the original !!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 16, 2005 13:40     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If they do a prog rock cover let's do a Yeti cover. That will be out there for sure...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan