my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vacationing VoivodFan Style - part three? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Vacationing VoivodFan Style - part three?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 18, 2005 16:44     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fado sounds cool. Guiness is a must and the location seems good, though I admit my knowledge of downtown has become rather stale the last few years since I pretty much only go into the city for shows and to buy records these days.

Mmmmmm beer.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 18, 2005 21:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Count me in guys!! I'm fairly new to Seattle but I can find my way around, especially downtown. Plus I only live 10 minutes away

I would invite people over since I'm so close but it isn't my house...Oh well we'll see.

It is gonna be really cool meeting all of you!

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2005 22:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On a related note, any of you Seattle-ites who will be in town that Friday can catch Stan Ridgway at 'Bumbershoot'. (whatever the hell that is )

http://www.bumbershoot.com/lineup/artist/stan-ridgway

Highly recommended to the musically adventurous! Stan is a class act and an extraordinary storyteller.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 18, 2005 23:10     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So is it Fado then? That works for me! Plus it's just down the street from the famed "Lusty Lady!"

Seriously, any bar in or around Pioneer Square would be excellent, as it's all in walking distance from the ferry for me!

Damn, I'll e-mail St. Michael to see if he wants to join us, since he hasn't responded to this thread. Anyone an Accused fan...I should also e-mail Blaine and see if he wants to stop in for a drink...I'll tell him I'm buying...he NEVER turned me down before! (of course at those particular times, we were "brown-baggin'" beer in the alley! )

So is everything still planned for that sunday on Labor Day weekend?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 23:53     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why yes, I do believe it is. Sunday of Labor Day Weekend, at Fado.

What time should we meet? Fado's a popular spot, so if we're thinking of making ourselves at home, earlier might be better. For that matter, even if we're thinking of making a tour of Pioneer Square's bars, earlier might be better - smaller crowds, easier to spot each other.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 19, 2005 00:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll wear the "Voivodian Whore" t-shirt that Skank made for me!! Although I don't think I'll fit it unless I start fasting right now. Maybe I'll make Luna wear it!

What time? We're there

FADO

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 19, 2005 11:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uhm, does Fado have cheap Pacific Northwest Coast beer? I'm a sucker for the cheap stuff. So, wait...how many of us are there now? Moi (Kitty Cat Meow!), hypergrrl, Mika, MegMeg, Vroomfondler, Black Cloud of Consternation, X-D, NukeFuse, and ????. Oh, and the t-shirt hypergrrl...I'll pass as I want to dress like the gal from the Burger King Black Metal Band From Canada.

Tangento! That's great news...Stan Ridgway. I don't think we'll be up in Seattle Friday night, however. Shit!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 19, 2005 15:14     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm. I gave Miller Hi light, (life) or what bleeding evah a go when i was in Florida. Needed sunblocker 200 just looking at it. Almost as pale as their coffee, terrible stuff.

Don't ask about the coffee please

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 19, 2005 15:23     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno about cheap, but they have Pacific Northwest beers. Mac and Jack, couple different kinds of Pyramid ales. If they're too pricey we can move on to someplace in Pioneer Square. I think drink prices tend to be pretty similar all over though, barring happy hour specials (which probably don't exist on Sundays, sadly).

Oh, and Vroom, I wouldn't worry about the coffee in Seattle too much. I think at least one of the 5 billion coffee shops here should be able to top Florida diner coffee.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 19, 2005 15:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Hmm. I gave Miller Hi light, (life)...

Yeah, I catch shit all the time for lugging round cans of Hamm's Special Light (home use) and Schlitz (bar use). Well, one bar in town.
I have a good Miller High Life story. A friend told me when he proposed to the woman who is now his wife and now momma of their kiddie...He brought along some Miller High Life as it's called the "Champagne of Beers". Key word here: Champagne. haha.

And I cannot wait to sit round and drink some sick Seattle coffee! Hey MegMeg, should I be prepared for rain ?

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 19, 2005 15:59     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Prepared for ? - Sure you should probably come prepared, but I wouldn't necessarily be anticipating it. It's a little too far in the future for a reliable weather prediction, but the next 10 days are supposed to be sunny and mid-70s to mid-80s (Fahrenheit, of course). With any luck we'll have similar good weather for Labor Day Weekend.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 19, 2005 16:25     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Miller? who the hell was he? Glenn??

A long day together would be great. Zooming between pubs talking crap and having a great day in general :-)

Just 2 weeks until i take the train to Copenhagen and enter the A340 SAS (free drinks) Airbus with 3 seasons of Seinfeld loaded in the iBook to keep me awake during the flight to Seattle . I can't wait to go

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 19, 2005 18:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh., tHose guinness if good for you ADS had to be stopped because teyc couldn't cTUALLY prove it. Tradting standards shot them down.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 22, 2005 21:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What "time" do you guys want to meet up? I presume we have the "date" and the "place", correct?

*the reason why I'm asking, is because I think Blaine from the Accused IS going to show up afterall, only he just wants to know the time. Hey "you've got the time, we've got the beer....Guiness beer! (or was that supposed to be a slogan for Miller beer?)

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 22, 2005 22:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time does seem to be the question of the moment. I'm open to discussion, but I suggest we get an early start on our "evening" - like mid-afternoonish (4p.m. maybe). As I said earlier, Fado is a popular spot, so if we're gonna have a large group we'll want to get there early to claim a space. On a regular Sunday it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but we're talking a holiday weekend, so it's like Saturday night take 2.

Then again, I almost never go out on weekends so what do I know. Maybe it won't fill up until late. Uffe and I will most likely be downtown early though, if anyone wants to wander around with us. (Not crack-of-dawn early, mind you - lunchtime or thereabouts I'd guess. Coffeetime. )

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 22, 2005 23:04     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I personally prefer to start throwing beers down early, but that just my personal preference... Mid to late afternoon is always good IMO.

BTW, St. Mike called me yesterday after receiving your email BC, and he is IN! Looks like we are gonna drive down together. Trying to figure out how to ask to wife to be my designated driver, hmmmm....

Gotta run, my son is jamming out on my guitar... Cars, trucks, Momma, Momma, ahhhhhhhh strum strum strum, Momma, cars, truuuuuucks.... Sooooo cool!

--------------------

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 23, 2005 08:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, cool! Way to go people! As always, we want pictures!

AND WE WANNA SEE SOME TITS!!!!

(Uh, sorry, nevermind. I'm back from holiday, btw.)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 23, 2005 10:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:

X-D: Likes to start beers early. Check.
Blaine from the Accused...Check.
Coffee w/MegMeg & Uffe...Check.
Mal wants to see some tits...uhm, erm... Check?

I suppose some phone # exchanging might be a good idear...if say, I get drunk at the crack of dawn with hypergrrl and our friend Mika...4pm-ish sounds good to me.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 23, 2005 10:36     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:

Bah. Three times bah. Bahbahbah.

I see tits all the time, nothing new here. Uglyass, you amateur.

I was wondering if we could see somethin' more... ummm... revealing?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 23, 2005 12:51     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
...and our friend Mika...

Please, lets stick to her REAL name, Skank, as we wouldn't want to embarass her!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 24, 2005 10:41     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I told Skank we were meeting at an Irish bar downtown and she said, "It isn't Fado is it?"!

Now we're just looking for a hotel. We plan not to drive on Sunday evening since we're all going to be wasted ( ) but were having a hard time with all the shit going on up there that weekend. We'll just have to put some cab money aside for the ride back to the temporary crash pad. I'm really excited to meet you all!!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 24, 2005 16:22     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why, does your friend have a deep-seated dislike of Fado? We don't have to stay there the whole evening (unless we want to), it's just an easy-to-find starting point.

Incidentally, the calendar of events on their site is finally updated, and it looks like there's going to be a "Traditional Irish Session" from 4-7p.m., all ages welcome, no cover. Whether this means the place might be full early, I do not know. It seems to be a pretty regular occurrence.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 24, 2005 16:59     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think, ehem, "Skank" haha, might be getting at the fact that Fado may be a little stuffy... Haha, I too miss the old, drunky and dirt-friendly Seattle of the pre-dotcom days. Even the Off-Ramp, er, I mean, El Cajon, is cleaned up. No more pissing in the sink, or floor, or whatever.

It's not a big deal anyway as we are just meeting there and can easily move to another place once we get in order. Too bad Momma's isn't closer to Pioneer Square.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 24, 2005 19:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oooooh, what's Momma's? Sounds kinda dive-y. Is it? I love dive bars.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 24, 2005 19:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Momma's is a great taco/Mexican place down the road a bit... Not really a bar, but good for grub and beers. And yeah, it's pretty laid-back, not too hoity-toity.

Please note that when I say "great taco/Mexican place", understand that this is all relative to the level of good tacos and such here in Washington... none of which even come close to anything in New Mexico, ahhah. Green chile? What's that? ...sigh

I also am more comfortable in divy/rundown bars, so long as the beer selection is good. All I know is that I'll need to be able put some Guiness in front of the Vroomster no matter where we end up, haha.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan