my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Vacationing VoivodFan Style - part three? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Vacationing VoivodFan Style - part three?
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 12, 2005 15:30     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it three? What number are we on?

Anyhoo - Vroom will be in the Seattle/Northwest area for 3 glorious weeks in September, arriving (very late) on Saturday Sept. 3, and departing the 23rd.

A road trip is already planned for the middle week, approximately the 10th - 18th, but the first week and last week are wide open. The 5th is Labor Day so hopefully most United Stateans will have a 3-day weekend, might that be a good time to assemble? Anyone going to be in the Seattle area? Already live in Seattle? When can we get together? Or do you want to get together at all?

Post your thoughts/suggestions/etc here.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 12, 2005 15:37     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know that XD, St.Mike, john Nuclear Infusion, and blackcloud lives in town. we should meet for at least one night out. talking about strange music, beer and all the other important things in life, right?

I would absolutely love to meet you guys :-)

edit... not necesarilly just talk about beer, maybe drink one or two as well

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 12, 2005 16:03     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooh, I want to meet ya'll! The long weekend would be great and Luna was talking about coming for a visit as well. THere is a band that I wanted to see at Bumbershoot on Sunday, but let me know what day/night you all are going to meet. A Friday or Saturday night of drinking and music in Seattle sounds like a great time to me!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 12, 2005 17:02     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately, if you're talking the Friday/Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, that won't work. Vroom's plane lands at about 11p.m. on Saturday, so Sunday's the earliest we can do a gathering. You planning to do Bumbershoot the whole day? How late does the band you're wanting to see play? I completely forgot about Bumbershoot.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2005 17:09     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky bastards...........................
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 12, 2005 18:05     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well hell, a Sunday night of beer and music is fine with me too as I have Monday off!

The band I want to see is Los Amigos Invisibles and they are a Venezuelan band that plays basically dance music. Their songs have some elements of rock, electronica, latin, disco, lounge. They are cheesy as fuck, but I like the one CD that I have of theirs and have seen them several times in the past. If you want, check out their website - they have a few videos up that are so fucking bad that they are hilarious....and well, bad!

Click here, go to "Records" and scroll to "The New Sound of the Venezuelan Gozadera" if your up for a good laugh or....not! They actually play on Monday.

The Invisible Friends

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 12, 2005 18:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Monday off as well, so Sunday beers sound fucking great! I know that I am dying toast some frothy pints of Guiness with you all so I will make whatever arrangements needed to be there/here, or whatever, haha.

So, you guys thinking of meeting at someone's house, or at a good pub or something?

Hopefully we can connect more than once, but we'll see how busy you guys get. I know how vacation itineraries can get hectic in no time.

Ok, NucJohn, Black Cloud, St. Mike?

We may have to contact St. Mike directly as I'm not sure how much time he's got these days, being a new dad and all.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 12, 2005 19:16     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
So, you guys thinking of meeting at someone's house, or at a good pub or something?

Either!

Actually, unless you're volunteering your house I think we'll have to find a pub. There's not much visitor parking at my apartment complex (barely enough parking for the tenants). Not that I would mind hosting if others contribute to the beer/food fund (or bring your own beverage of choice and a bag o' chips). I suppose people could park at the shopping center down the hill and walk up....hell if a bunch of us fit into Harry and Nell's apartment we can fit into mine for an evening! We could drink beer and watch Sergei Eisenstein DVDs.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 12, 2005 19:36     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, I am up for anything. My guess is that the Vroomster will want to see a little Seattle (through beer googles) since he is just arriving in town and all, granted the jet-lag isn't too bad. Of course there's penty-o good pubs downtown and otherwise...

If you guys are up for it, I'd be into volunteering my place for some BBQ and beers towards the end of Vroom's stay. Might be a nice way to wrap up the trip, plus we may have an easier time getting St. to drop in since he and I are LITERALLY neighbors... Hell, I could walk to his house from where I work in about 10 minutes.

The only reason I am offering the BBQ toward the end of Vroom's stay is that I am still finishing my deck and, though I recently installed railings, I am still putting steps in and we all know the potential hazards of a drunk Voivodfans + unfinished construction.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 12, 2005 20:51     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if we don't, we surely will
I can picture ourselves torturing ST on your half finished deck, trying to pull the latest CF gossip out of him. japanese water torture might work in that rainhole you live in haha.

XD, the Rommel of BBQ planning

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 17, 2005 13:38     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good call X-D. Probably best to stick to the pubs (more drink options that way ).

Sunday will work fine, I think, since none of us have to be at work the next day. So which pub(s)? Where should we meet? Downtown is central and also has the most easy-to-find landmarks. We need someplace Hypergrrl and Luna can find without too much trouble. How well do you guys know Seattle?

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 17, 2005 13:47     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i am jealous. why couldn't you guys have done this last week when i could have driven down in a couple of hours?
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 17, 2005 13:50     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because plane tickets in August from Sweden to the US were too damn expensive. Significant price drop by pushing it off until September. We are all slaves to our budgets, unfortunately.

Just to make nia even more jealous, we should meet at Mama's and start off with a margarita before moving on to a regular bar.

--------------------

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 17, 2005 13:55     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ooooohhh! that's low!!! have a double for me then.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 17, 2005 16:39     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
We need someplace Hypergrrl and Luna can find without too much trouble. How well do you guys know Seattle?

I don't think my big sis is going to make it afterall due to being a museum slave ! But, a friend and I are still thinking of coming up. She's been to Seattle several times so I'm sure that finding you all will not be a problem. Just e-mail me the details!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 17, 2005 20:03     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys...responding to this late...as usual!

Hey X-D, what's that Irish pub on the corner of either 1st or 2nd street downtown???

They have exellent "refreshments", and usually a good band.

Anyway, I'd like to try and make it over as well...just a hop, skip, jump, and a Ferry-ride away. Maybe just any pub in Pioneer Square will do???

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 17, 2005 20:30     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You might be thinking of Fado on the corner of 1st and Columbia. Nice place indeed. Most importantly (for Vroom anyway) - they have Guinness! Haven't been there in a couple of years, and the last time I was there they had a guy wandering around playing bagpipes, which in my opinion should NOT be allowed indoors (unless you've got a really big room). My poor delicate ears were bleeding.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 17, 2005 20:45     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of you guys is taking a camera.

That's an order, not a request.

(Have fun!)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2005 00:10     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
One of you guys is taking a camera.

That's an order, not a request.

(Have fun!)

Perfect. Exactly what I was going to say!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 18, 2005 09:41     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe

Guiness sounds fine to me
And i will take pic's, don't you worry. Let's just hope i manage to operate the device after having the above beer(s)

Hmm. Orca rasslin' and basejumping from the Space Needle is also on the to-do list. This will be fun.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 18, 2005 15:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's official...I'm in!
Can't wait to meet and drink and eat and fart and burp with other Voivod fans!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 18, 2005 15:33     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
....and burp....

BEWARE!!! Other than that...YAAAAY!!!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 15:40     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kewl.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 18, 2005 15:42     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jealous
Have a good time guys!!

--------------------

String em up

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 18, 2005 15:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan