my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD . DVOD-1 (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Author Topic: Voivod DVD . DVOD-1
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 20, 2005 17:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
mmm, i wonder what selling figures it will have..
I surely hope it will become gold

Does Voivod have any golden records, ??

I don't think they have any GOLD records, but they did release a couple picture discs, and a clear vinyl 12 inch, other than that they are all black wax

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted November 20, 2005 20:44     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But they have sold over a million copies all in all.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted November 23, 2005 10:07     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DVOD 1 is amazing!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Sir
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 720

posted November 30, 2005 09:46     Profile for Sir   Email Sir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shargraves:
DVOD 1 is amazing!

Yes, it is. I just got it yesterday and this is definitely one hell of a DVD. Sure, it would have been even better if there'd been a complete 80's Voivod gig on it, but it's a great DVD anyway.

--------------------

SA'TAN, n. [Heb. an adversary.] The grand adversary of man; the devil or prince of darkness; the chief of the fallen angels.

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted November 30, 2005 13:34     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How great is the DVD!

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted January 20, 2006 03:56     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yesterday evening was THE moment,i held my DVOD1 in my hands!!! hey, brilliant, excellent, phenomenal, thank you guys very much for makeing this DVD!!!!!
the first 10 min. i lost tears and i must smile together, to much emotions, to see Piggy, the memories about the eighties Years,cuz i saw you first 1986 with Possessed and one year later we were drunk together with the guys of Kreator....and now 20 Years are past, unbelievable..., THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT STUFF!!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted January 20, 2006 04:52     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
....and now we have to wait at the second DVD and the new Album.... all the best!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted January 20, 2006 05:16     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, we got DVOD1 a few weeks ago. Unlike the rest of you,we are relatively new fans (discovered VV about 3 years ago) and only have 3 of their albums. The only VV song we knew prior to 2003 was Tribal Convictions(I don't mind admitting this)!

We have thoroughly enjoyed watching the old footage and videos, seeing Piggy play guitar at break neck speed.

Looking forward to the new album and DVOD2.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 20, 2006 07:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey JCN1971, it's great to see new fans getting into VOIVOD and it's not just all us old farts from the early days that grew up listening to the band when the first emerged. Voivod's music is timeless and always challenging. It's also cool that you like the band enough to join this forum and post messages... keep 'em coming and spread the Voivod.

--------------------

yawn

Beelz
VoivodFan
Member # 1022

posted May 03, 2008 17:29     Profile for Beelz   Email Beelz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

One question. It says the disc is in 5.1 dolby digital, yet there doesn't seem to be an AUDIO selection on the menu and eveything I watch just came through in PCM sound, not Digital. Anyone know if it really is recorded in 5.1 digital. I was shocked when I saw it was going to be 5.1 since all the footage is old they would have to do a lot of work to separate the tracks.

Either way this dvd kicks ass.

I've just recently got this dvd and am very pleased how good it looks, but no fancy new 5.1 mix here! I can understand for the live sequences, but I was expecting it for the videos. Why was it advertised as 5.1 to begin with? Even on the back sleeve, 5.1 seems to be the only audio option. But once you pop it in, only 2.0 throughout.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 03, 2008 17:54     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How nice people sometimes go back to ooooold threads. It reminds us all of the guys and galls who sometimes post but "forgot" about it........
Oh i gottago to sleep.....
"Diamanda","Huck Finn", Shargraves".......
Oh. I am dreaming, what the fuck.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Beelz
VoivodFan
Member # 1022

posted May 04, 2008 11:08     Profile for Beelz   Email Beelz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I figured, being the new guy here, that I should search the forums for existing topics before starting new ones. So I browsed thru 18 pages before finding what I was looking for!

Anyway, I thought the people that have posted in this thread may now own a home theater amp and have tried their dvod-1 to hear the "new" mixes. Just wanted to know if the 5.1 mix exists, but I doubt it.

Or there is an official explanation floating around as to why no such mix exists. Like the reason why "Clouds in my House" wasn't included. It's a lame excuse if you ask me, but at least we know why!

I also wanna add that the "L'enfer c'est nous autres" footage could be available from Radio-Canada archives. They do keep everything. You have to be persistent as they do not offer transfer services to the public. But it can be managed to get a dvd copy of a whole show episode for around $75...

...and (I know, I write a lot!) I remember seeing a making of Astronomy Domine on MusiquePlus' Fax a few weeks prior to the release of the video in '89. It probably wasn't included in the dvd since this was a daily entertainment show that probably got erased as soon as it was broadcast! If they didn't keep the regular shows, they surely didn't keep the daily capsules!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 04, 2008 22:10     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome then!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 05, 2008 12:00     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, welcome new to us Voivod fan! Are you going to make any of the upcoming Voivod shows?
Beelz
VoivodFan
Member # 1022

posted May 05, 2008 12:15     Profile for Beelz   Email Beelz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the welcome!
The Heavy Mtl show is very tempting, but I hate festivals (and Motley Crue!)

I only saw Voivod once, in 2002, opening for Dio at the Medley. Great show. I'd love to see them again in a club setting.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 05, 2008 18:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beelz:
thanks for the welcome!
The Heavy Mtl show is very tempting, but I hate festivals (and Motley Crue!)

I only saw Voivod once, in 2002, opening for Dio at the Medley. Great show. I'd love to see them again in a club setting.

I saw that show but at L'Agora in QC instead... and it fucking RAINED during Voivod's set.

I dont care for festivals either... the Twisted Sister / Scorpions show in QC almost two years ago was a bit excessive (80,000 people!). It took me an hour just to make my way thru the exit. It jammed packed!

But for Voivod, i can make the effort.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan