my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD . DVOD-1 (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Voivod DVD . DVOD-1
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 23, 2005 07:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched most of it last night. I kept telling myself, "I'll watch 'this one' and go to sleep". Well, it became very hard to turn the dvd off and walk away. Very cool indeed. Yes, most of it has been offered up on this site at one time or another but the dvd offers better quality and to watch VOIVOD on my 54 inch wide screen blasting through all the speaker is definitley an upgrade

One question. It says the disc is in 5.1 dolby digital, yet there doesn't seem to be an AUDIO selection on the menu and eveything I watch just came through in PCM sound, not Digital. Anyone know if it really is recorded in 5.1 digital. I was shocked when I saw it was going to be 5.1 since all the footage is old they would have to do a lot of work to separate the tracks.

Either way this dvd kicks ass.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 24, 2005 10:10       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just got it and man is it sweet.
hopefully the next one is due out before this year ends.

IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 24, 2005 10:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
h can I came round yours & watch it?

I'm sure that can be arranged. I'm told they are delivering it tomorrow. I'll keep you informed!

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted October 25, 2005 01:06     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, got it today and really digging this DVD! Great to finally see some clear versions of some of the stuff and not have to watch my crappy millionth generation VHS copies. Footage + behind the scenes stuff was way cool... wish there was more. Can't wait for DVODs 2 & 3.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 26, 2005 07:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is mine! I have it! Now I know true chuffedness!
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 26, 2005 08:14     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wife has banned me from buying it till Christmas. Hopefully there will be two by then

--------------------

Good lord ! How long ago was that???

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 26, 2005 10:37     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fed-Ex came a-knocking early this morning with a special present for me. What a nice wake-up call!

WOW

Listening to the remastered Morgoth Invasion demo. Holy shit! Amazing.

Voivod Rules \m/

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted October 27, 2005 11:24     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was dumb enough to think that I would be able to walk into my local shop and pickup this DVD when it came out on Tuesday. How stupid of me! Although I did have a good time watching the monkeys at Best Buy run around tearing the store apart trying to find it. Did TheEnd send any of these to the stores or will have to mail order it?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 27, 2005 12:24       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
after watching the dvd again i just have to say thank you VOIVOD for all the great music.
Thank you Piggy for those awesome riffs

IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 27, 2005 14:44     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still waiting for mine. I did the deepdiscountdvd thing but messed up and didn't get any "special delivery", so it should be any day now I guess.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 28, 2005 20:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLACKFOOT - MARAUDER... what a great fuckin album... I need to find that on cd. Thanks for posting that

Ya needed a little southern fried rock after all that thrashin from Slayer, huh?

--------------------

yawn

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 28, 2005 22:11     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLACKFOOT - MARAUDER...

I saw them in '76 before they got semi-famous, opening for Captain Beyond. Both great, underrated bands. I guess the leader of Blackfoot, Ricky Medlocke is in Lynnyrd Skynnyrd now. (never could spell that!)

futilitarian
VoivodFan
Member # 661

posted October 29, 2005 20:00     Profile for futilitarian   Email futilitarian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe play.com are doing the DVD for £8.99, if anyone doesn't have it yet, or wants a cheap christmas gift for a loved one with taste.....and, yes, it rules. The Musiqueplus footage is AWESOME. How much do I LOVE Missing Sequences?

--------------------

we are not friends...we are not sorry...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 02, 2005 22:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh thank the Multiverse and the ever swirling Dogs of the Stars...I finally received the DVOD-1!
So many parts just made me want to jump up and down for joy. This DVD owns!
I give it 5 Stars: *****!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted November 03, 2005 23:11     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got the money to order the dvd...now i only have to wait 10 to 18 days for shipment

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 05, 2005 08:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine yesterday. I'm very happy now.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted November 05, 2005 22:22     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got it too... freakin' cool
momo
VoivodFan
Member # 676

posted November 06, 2005 07:29     Profile for momo   Email momo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got DVOD-1 !!
and this is first time to see "Psychic Vacuum".....mmmm...strange world...
Who are those dancers beside Piggy on "Psychic Vacuum"? Are they CG?

Everytime I see live scenes, I wish were there...

Thank you VOIVOD!! I love you.

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 07, 2005 16:19     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FINALLY, I just got mine today from amazon.
First WOW, what a surprise to see my pic of the band at the WWIII on the back cover
GREAT, they even give the credit! Thanks guys!

I actually watching it for the first time. Most of the stuff on this DVD isn't new for me. I already saw most of 'em but I appreciate it more this time since my old recording were on VHS. I don't know if a copy of the making of "Astronomy Domine" exist (this video is simply amazing) but i'd loved to see it along with some old interviews with the band. I loved the "artwork" part of the dvd (can't wait for Away's book) and the photo part too (some rare good one here!) All in all, I dig it at 100%!!! and I want some more....lucky me it's gonna have two more DVD to satisfy my need

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted November 09, 2005 19:06     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
Three words : superb! Krazy Kool!
Brings back a lot memories - too much to process while watching this wonderful DVD...

I miss him a lot. He truly was something Denis. No joke - listen closely to his kickass picking!

I did...and you're right!
I miss him too!!!
In fact, as you mentioned, this dvd is a great homage to Piggy!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 09, 2005 23:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got it.

LOVE it.

The making of the videos is funny as hell.

Thanks for remastering that Invasion, Piggy. You RULE.

And everything else is badass too, it's nice to have an "official" DVD, I'm waiting for the next one(s)!!

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted November 13, 2005 06:18     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got myself a copy of the dvd finally.
Great to see all that material in one tidy package.
I especially liked the footage of Piggy recording in the studio by himself ..that was very cool indeed.
Also seeing Freedoom live with Blacky was a treat.

The only thing I have an issue with is the volume level of the dvd. I don't know if it's just my player or not (or perhaps the sound settings), but the overall volume plays somewhat lower than normal. By that I mean I have to turn my volume up way louder than I normally do when watching a dvd.
Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

Apart from that... great stuff, looking forward to the next one

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted November 13, 2005 12:18     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine from Amazon yesterday and was up til 1:00 am watching it! I agree with the above that my favorite part was watching Piggy alone in the studio! A close second was the MusiquePlus footage. That video shows just intricate their music was and to play it live was no easy feat!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 13, 2005 14:33     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
I have an issue with is the volume level of the dvd. I don't know if it's just my player or not (or perhaps the sound settings), but the overall volume plays somewhat lower than normal. By that I mean I have to turn my volume up way louder than I normally do when watching a dvd.
Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

are you using a computer for playback ? if so, you may need to download ac3 filter from divix-digest, and after install check your control panel for the ac3 icon and then adjust the master volumes from there.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 13, 2005 16:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacque Luminous:
Got mine from Amazon yesterday and was up til 1:00 am watching it! I agree with the above that my favorite part was watching Piggy alone in the studio! A close second was the MusiquePlus footage. That video shows just intricate their music was and to play it live was no easy feat!

Do you think Piggy was rehearsing at this moment? And have the idea that it is not live or something, they put the original music over it... Just like when Snake is singing. I like these shots a lot...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan