my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD . DVOD-1 (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Voivod DVD . DVOD-1
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted October 13, 2005 00:47     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
Just got my copy of the DVD!! Can't wait to watch it tonite! Nice looking - 80 minutes/5.1 surround...
Happy happy, joy joy joy!

Grrrrr, I'm jealous! Can't wait to get mine! I just ordered it from amazon.ca (CDN$ 12.36)
So Ron, what's your first impression?

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 13, 2005 15:41     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Three words : superb! Krazy Kool!
Brings back a lot memories - too much to process while watching this wonderful DVD...

It starts with Piggy, alone, in the recording studio, playing guitar... playing The Unknown knows. That kind of put you in a mood. I miss him a lot.
But what amazed me, was his playing - all members in fact, in the Musique Plus live recording. He truly was something Denis. No joke - listen closely to his kickass picking!
Le Québec a perdu son plus grand guitariste. Je me fout de ce que les autres peuvent penser là dessus. Je sais, j'ai raison, j'ai vu, j'ai entendu. L'influence de Denis D'Amour est plus dur à mesurer que celle d'un Walter Rossi ou Steve Hill... Parce qu'elle est plus grande. Ce DVD lui bien rend justice. Et dire que c'est le premier de trois!!!

Cool too, to see the footage from 1987... 88, 89. I shouldn't have listen to it last night: it was hard to go to sleep after that! I had so much adrenalin pumping up in my smartass pea brain. Anyway, at 3 o'clock, I hit the paddock only to woke up at 7h15 this morning : the dog had to pee outside. Man! (The dog is 11 years old (77 dog years). So I calculate that I brang the dog outside for 8030 walks!!)

Anyway, that's a cool 80 minutes that goes real fast.

Oh!, Did I spot the Psychic Vacuum video two times on the DVD?

Bref, great live shows, great great footage, great videos and nice pictures. I'm REALLY proud to be associated with this release, and for that I OBLIGE you to buy it without any restrain.

Boy. If only I could write as good in english as I do in French, that critic would have been better. And I would be able to do justice to this piece of golden nostalgia.

Here's a rare pict I took in the Old Montreal in '85. Funny bit, the rock Blacky is pushing, hadn't touch the ground when I clicked!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 13, 2005 20:30     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's pretty freaking cool.
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 13, 2005 20:41     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky, tu te rappelais pas de cette shot? C'est toi même qui avait insisté: "Attend! pogne la roche avant qu'a touche le sol!" Ça a marché!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 13, 2005 20:55     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, and it's look like it's going backwards...almost

there is a couple of photos in the dvd that I never saw before, cool

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 13, 2005 23:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great review, and cool photo. I thought Blacky was lifting the rock off the ground with his telekinetic powers.
DAMN, I want my dvd!!!

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted October 13, 2005 23:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
some people can't stay still for photos.

this is about a billion times cooler and much better quality than i thought it would be.

Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted October 14, 2005 02:47     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i also, i want my DVD cry!!!!

@Halaine Peau..... great Pic!!!!

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted October 14, 2005 04:41     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could it be, that the pic demonstrates the reason for one of the four nicknames?
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted October 19, 2005 01:08     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed that Psychic Vacuum was on it twice too. I wonder if that was a mistake or if there was some reason for it.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 19, 2005 15:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard i wil be having mine 21 october.

yoepieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 20, 2005 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got email confirmation that mine has been shipped!
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 20, 2005 16:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got email confirmation that mine has been shipped from The End records
IP: Logged
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted October 20, 2005 17:22     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My local record store, (yes they still sell records) got their shipment in and I will be purchasing DVOD-1 this fine evening.

Approx 6:38 pm, but who's counting?

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2005 18:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My confirmation came from THE END also... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 21, 2005 07:41     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I
HAVE
GOT
MINE

fuck i am at work, cannot watch until tonight...

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted October 21, 2005 08:46     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally broke down ( ) and ordered this DVD yesterday. I've got to see what all the hype is about!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 21, 2005 09:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh it's good.... very good.
Heh heh.

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted October 21, 2005 10:50     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine yesterday, pretty cool stuff! Check out the artwork of the spider towing the human, awesome! Psychic Vaccuum is my favorite video.
Cool live stuff, some band pics I've never seen before too. Interesting 'making of" segments also.

--------------------

We're Not Alone, Welcome Aboard

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted October 21, 2005 10:55     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
80 minutes that took me back to a great time of my life.

My fav is the live preformance of Ravinous Medicine at the spectrum in 88'

Thanks to all involved with it.

Now, WHERE THE HELL IS DVOD-2?

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 21, 2005 16:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I
HAVE
GOT
MINE

fuck i am at work, cannot watch until tonight...

I have seen it and i love it. Best part? well Freedoom and the Montreal Musique Plus recordings...

Let us have part two.... That'll kick serious ass because of......

Dynamo Holland festival, must be on it. Voivod live before 30,000 people. And i wasn't there due to bad weather, motherfucker that i am... Fuck i hate myself for not being there.

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 22, 2005 08:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah! They tried to deliver mine yesterday while I was out.... and the fed ex office is closed all weekend so I gotta wait until next week. Ah well.... I think I've probably seen everything that's on it due to this website! I can wait another couple of days.... ah fukkit, I'm off to break in to the fed ex warehouse.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 22, 2005 12:02     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Must buy a dvd player! & a tv.
hmmmmm

h can I came round yours & watch it?

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 22, 2005 23:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VORTEX RIGHT NOW..

Whoops..sorry, got a bit carried away ms. luna!!!

This dvd is so well done. I can't believe what they did with those bootleg vids..so clean. The shows are so wild with tons of energy. And 'FREEDOOM'...man, this is like winning the lottery. I would have paid fifty bucks just for this one song. Beyond expectations...........

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 23, 2005 00:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Mr. Mez,

Would you kindly edit your super-duper long spelling of NOW?

Please.

Thanks Mr. Mez.

Luna

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan