my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD . DVOD-1 (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Voivod DVD . DVOD-1
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted October 01, 2005 15:37     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*up*

I realized yesterday I forgot to order it...

|  IP: Logged
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 01, 2005 16:29     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I too, pray for some sort of video representation from The Outer Limits era. It was a GREAT album and tour! Oh, that "Jack Luminous" was performed live even ONCE! BTW- what was the name of the bass player on that tour? I hung out with him in Chicago, but don't remember his name! Nice guy, as I recall...
mefisto
VoivodFan
Member # 666

posted October 02, 2005 10:36     Profile for mefisto   Email mefisto     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!!!TO THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF VOIVOD!!!!

!!!!YOU MUST MUST INCLUDE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTER LIMITS ERA!!!

IM BEGGING YOUUUUUU

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 02, 2005 10:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My order is in. Now I can't wait for the end of October.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 02, 2005 20:29       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's being sold on ebay already.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Voivod-DVOD1-DVD-videos-and-live_W0QQitemZ6438721520QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 02, 2005 20:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i want my MTV... I mean DVOD

--------------------

yawn

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted October 03, 2005 05:14     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi

Is it a DVD zone 1 or zone 2 or Multizone ?
anyone got the info ?

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 03, 2005 08:04     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's Region 0, as noted in the original post. It's also available on Amazon.com...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted October 03, 2005 09:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About the Outer Limits era, I remember seeing Voivod perform "Lost Machine" on a Radio-Canada tv show, "L'enfer, c'est nous autres". I would KILL to see that again...

Radio-Canada archives anyone?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 03, 2005 15:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The End records just emailed me and said they don't have it in stock and don't expect it before the 20th,so i guess i'll have to wait a bit longer. i dont understand why other places have it already.
IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 03, 2005 15:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
About the Outer Limits era, I remember seeing Voivod perform "Lost Machine" on a Radio-Canada tv show, "L'enfer, c'est nous autres". I would KILL to see that again...

Radio-Canada archives anyone?

Oh ya, i remember that! I didnt get the chance to tape it tho. And i never seen this again either.

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted October 04, 2005 04:08     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellentim:
It's Region 0, as noted in the original post. It's also available on Amazon.com...

And region 0 = multizone. Which is all good

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 04, 2005 08:55     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this CD in PRE-ORDER? You pay now - get the CD in 4 weeks!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted October 04, 2005 09:40     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Montreal Backstreet 5/24/91 - Inner Combustion, Freedoom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
quote:
I presume Blacky was still in the band in this concert, then (since they play an Angel Rat song on this one)?

it supposedly is the last show Blacky played with the band... yet he never really answered my questions about it...
I'm so fuckin glad it exists...

I would trade some genuine Voïvod gems to have a full version of this very show...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 04, 2005 11:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered mine direct from Music Video Distributorsin August... no sign of it yet though.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 06, 2005 22:27     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Neverman:
it supposedly is the last show Blacky played with the band... yet he never really answered my questions about it...
I'm so fuckin glad it exists...

Well, this makes the DVD even more important then! Thanks for the info Neverman!

*counting the seconds 'till the end of October*

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

futilitarian
VoivodFan
Member # 661

posted October 10, 2005 17:00     Profile for futilitarian   Email futilitarian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellentim:
Yes, I too, pray for some sort of video representation from The Outer Limits era. It was a GREAT album and tour! Oh, that "Jack Luminous" was performed live even ONCE! BTW- what was the name of the bass player on that tour? I hung out with him in Chicago, but don't remember his name! Nice guy, as I recall...

I believe it was Gilles Brisevois...I could be wrong, and i've probably spelt his name wrong. I saw Voivod on The Outer Limits tour in london at the Marquee, and their opening music was a tape of the opening part of Jack Luminous. I went nuts, and figured that it would be there opening song. It wasn't. They just used the intro. i actually can't remember what the opening song was...probably Fix My Heart.

--------------------

we are not friends...we are not sorry...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted October 10, 2005 17:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gilles Brisebois did the european tour and some of the early pre-european tour canadian dates. However, he couldnt get into the U.S. for whatever reason so they had to re-hire Pierre St-Jean for the US tour.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 11, 2005 10:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by futilitarian:
I saw Voivod on The Outer Limits tour in london at the Marquee, and their opening music was a tape of the opening part of Jack Luminous. I went nuts, and figured that it would be there opening song. It wasn't. They just used the intro. i actually can't remember what the opening song was...probably Fix My Heart.

Hey I was at that gig too! I think it was Fix My Heart they played first.. although I was rather drunk, & I don't remember too much.
Do you live in London now?

--------------------

String em up

Joe
VoivodFan
Member # 634

posted October 12, 2005 11:55     Profile for Joe   Email Joe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys, can you please give me a link where to order this DVD?

Thanks a lot!

--------------------

The Heavy Metal Crew, join us!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 12, 2005 14:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe:
Hey guys, can you please give me a link where to order this DVD?

Thanks a lot!

VOIVODDVD

This is where I got it. Look to the left, under Catalog, and click on Preorder Section.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted October 12, 2005 14:50     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaÿtanic:
I presume Blacky was still in the band in this concert, then (since they play an Angel Rat song on this one)?

And I also think the "Outer Limits" album is too good not to be mentioned.

Sorry didn't know that was a question, yes that was the last time I played in the band.

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted October 12, 2005 18:26     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got my copy of the DVD!! Can't wait to watch it tonite! Nice looking - 80 minutes/5.1 surround...
Happy happy, joy joy joy!

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2005 23:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK!!!! I WANT MINE!!!!

AND IT'S EVEN IN 5.1 !!!

I hope my new home can handle the volume I'll be cranking this up to once I get it.

--------------------

yawn

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted October 13, 2005 00:30     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Gilles Brisebois did the european tour and some of the early pre-european tour canadian dates. However, he couldnt get into the U.S. for whatever reason so they had to re-hire Pierre St-Jean for the US tour.

That's him! He signed a card for me and even gave me his phone number! Friendly person to say the least! Think he played a Rick 4001, if I remember correctly. Thanks.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan