my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod DVD . DVOD-1 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Voivod DVD . DVOD-1
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 09, 2005 17:28     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed that Away posted some info regarding the new dvd.

MVD (Music Video Distributors)
Under 'Product Search' it's listed as DR-4475

Description:

DVOD-1, the first DVD from Voivod, covers the original line-up period (1983-1991). Included are all the 80s videos, plus rare live and studio performances of classic Voivod songs. From the start, their goal was to sound completely unique and incorporate odd musical tempos and futuristic story lines into their songs. They influenced and inspired other thrash and metal bands with their one-of-a-kind styles of performing and writing.

Song Titles:

VIDEOS: VOIVOD 1984, Ripping Headaches 1986, Ravenous Medicine 1987, Tribal Convictions 1988, Psychic Vacuum 1988, Astronomy Domine 1989. LIVE FOOTAGE: Montreal Spectrum 10/20/86 - Blower; Montreal Spectrum 8/20/88 - Tribal Convictions, Ravenous Medicine; Montreal Musiqueplus 1989 - The Unknown Knows, Inner Combustion/Missing Sequences/Nothing Face; Montreal Backstreet 5/24/91 - Inner Combustion, Freedoom.

Other Info:
Label: MVD
Running Time: 80 mins
Region Code: 0
Format: DVD

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 09, 2005 17:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed the video for "Clouds in my House" is missing. Maybe they couldn't use it for some legal reason?

But that was just a random comment. It's about time Voivod had their own DVD!!! Hell yeah!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 09, 2005 18:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Can't wait!!!!!

And the "1" suggests more in the future!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 09, 2005 20:29     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe DVOD-1 1/2 will feature the "paradise show"..it was recorded off the board, don't you think someone "video-taped" it as well? *wishful thinking*

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 09, 2005 20:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
I noticed the video for "Clouds in my House" is missing. Maybe they couldn't use it for some legal reason?

Hmmm, well Blacky isn't in it.

Fuck MCA anyways

--------------------

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted August 09, 2005 21:10     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I included 2 demos remastered by Piggy on DVOD-1
Morgoth Invasion 84 and Spectrum 87
More coming up !

Cool.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 09, 2005 21:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe Clouds In My House will be on the 2nd dvd since this one focuses on the original line up, and Angel Rat is where the band had it's differences.

Looking forward to getting this and looking forward to part 2 and 3...

--------------------

yawn

Michelle Pons
VoivodFan
Member # 381

posted August 10, 2005 03:03     Profile for Michelle Pons   Email Michelle Pons     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Sexy Snake!!!!!

I hope you had one hell of a Birthday!

41 is still very young.......ye aint old yet....

I'd tell you if you were........

you're still looking fly brother! Yummy! !GDMFA

--------------------

The legalist

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted August 10, 2005 06:09     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More infoz from Away.

quote:
DVOD-1 covers the original line-up
DVOD-2 will cover the Eric era
DVOD-3 will cover the new line-up
That's the plan so far...
I didn't include Clouds in my House on DVOD-1 because Blacky doesn't appear in it.
The MusiquePlus live footage was the hardest to track down.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 10, 2005 08:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah the master tape of the Musiqueplus stuff was apparently DESTROYED by Musiqueplus themselves. Morons. I believe JY asked 'em 2 years ago and that's what he found out. But I remember him telling me that their manager at teh time had an excellent Beta copy of the show. Maybe taht's what was used on the dvd.

Man, i want that dvd!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 10, 2005 14:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
More infoz from Away.

DVOD-1 covers the original line-up
DVOD-2 will cover the Eric era
DVOD-3 will cover the new line-up
That's the plan so far...
I didn't include Clouds in my House on DVOD-1 because Blacky doesn't appear in it.
The MusiquePlus live footage was the hardest to track down.

I have a question:

quote:
Montreal Backstreet 5/24/91 - Inner Combustion, Freedoom.

I presume Blacky was still in the band in this concert, then (since they play an Angel Rat song on this one)?

And I also think the "Outer Limits" album is too good not to be mentioned.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted August 10, 2005 16:59     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OUTER LIMITS is absolutely to good not to be mentioned. Still, I am very much looking forward to the footage and vids.
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 10, 2005 17:28       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so is there a release date yet?
IP: Logged
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 10, 2005 19:37     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD - D-V-O-D-1

SKU: DR-4475
UPC: 022891447597

List Price: $ 14.95
Your Price: $ 14.95

Prebook Date*: 09/20/05
Street Date: 10/25/05

In Stock: NO

from the MVD website...

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 10, 2005 19:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy crap! I just saw it with my own two !

NP: funnily enough, "Clouds In My House"

Snake
VoivodFan
Member # 580

posted August 10, 2005 22:58     Profile for Snake   Email Snake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As you might know by now, there was a release a few weeks ago. The Die Kreuzen tribute called "lean into it".
I had almost forgot about it. It's the first thing I did when I came back in the band along with the song "Dictatosaurus" on the Probot album. I guess it take them a long time to put everything together.
When Away give it to me,
I said "What the fuck is this!!"
He says Die Kreuzen tribute, we play on it, remember..."
Oh my God finally!
The results are amazing. It's a real "Voivodian" song. You should check it out. The song's called "Man in the trees"
and it really sticks on my mind.

Enjoy!

Snake

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 10, 2005 23:35     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
As you might know by now, there was a release a few weeks ago. The Die Kreuzen tribute called "lean into it".
I had almost forgot about it. It's the first thing I did when I came back in the band along with the song "Dictatosaurus" on the Probot album. I guess it take them a long time to put everything together.
When Away give it to me,
Oh my God finally!
The results are amazing. It's a real "Voivodian" song. You should check it out. The song's called "Man in the trees"

Enjoy!

Snake

a friend of mine from Winnipeg is trying to hook me up with a Removal 7", Snake. looking forward to hearing it.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 11, 2005 01:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
It's a real "Voivodian" song. You should check it out. The song's called "Man in the trees"

Snake

Hell yeah, that was always my favorite track from October File. That was pretty fuckin' unique music at that time, for sure.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 11, 2005 04:14     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic. I have some of this stuff due to the caring, sharing population of voivodfan, but to have it all on dvd will rule. There better be a uk region 2 pal release, dagnammit!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 11, 2005 06:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed out on bidding on the REMOVAL 7" that was just on Ebay... to much shit on my mind I guess... and the winner got it for less than $4.

--------------------

yawn

Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted August 11, 2005 08:24     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aarrrgghhh !!!
A VOIVOD dvd I can't wait !!!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 11, 2005 10:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is gonna rule!! I'm interested in how they're gonna do the concept. Any kind of bio, narration by Away? Course we all know the story by heart but that would be nice.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 11, 2005 11:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Already put my preorder in. Fuck yes! An official Voivod DVD, from the band, all featuring the classic line-up!? I'm so all over this! Of course, I'll be all over anything Voivod releases... ever, haha.

Snake, thanks for the infos! Good to see you guys posting on the forums and sharing some news first hand!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 11, 2005 17:32     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's weird how you Professional Musicians work. I always thought that Man in the Trees and Dictatosaurus were recorded *after* the self-titled album. After all, I didn't get my copy of Probot until long after I'd bought "Voivod". Same thing with Man in the Trees.

But anyway, those two songs ROCK! More, please! (And a really belated thanks for returning to the band in the first place!)

quote:
When Away give it to me,
Oh my God finally!

Enjoy!

Snake

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted August 12, 2005 01:45     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Snake!
So I'm watching this DVD, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Masters fromt the Vaults--the first song is "Barbarians," that would be a perfect song for Voivod to cover!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan