my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » P.S.A., re: Opeth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: P.S.A., re: Opeth
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 07, 2005 15:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take it from me.

Do not EVER listen to "Ghost Reveries" while stoned. It will take you on a ride so wild and bizzare that you'll lose yourself. It will fuck your mind so much that you'll never know what just happened...

...and then you realize you're only halfway thru the first track. Heh heh.

Seriously, I may not be a huge fan of theirs, but I gotta say, they just created something really fucking amazing. It's a friggin' MONSTER of an album.

Check it out when it comes out at the end of the month.

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 07, 2005 17:47     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounds interesting...do you also happen to have the new "soon-to-be-released" Fear Factory album- "Transgression"???

*hint, hint*

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 07, 2005 20:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not anymore. I played half the record and thought it wasnt very good, so I deleted it. Nowhere near as good as Archetype.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted August 08, 2005 00:04     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't like the new Opeth album as much as their older stuff.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 08, 2005 01:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished listening to it on the way home from work and I have 2 words that sum it up:

BRUTALLY BEAUTIFUL

Damnation is hands down on of my fav cds of all time, but this mixes old Opeth with the laid back psychedlic stuff and DAMN is it a great listen. I'm going to have a hard time hitting the eject button on my cars cd player. Michael blends all 3 of his vocal styles superbly on this record, and the music... FUCKIN INCREDIBLE. This disc will take you on an emotional ride, from shear terror to some of the most beautiful passages and everything in between.

I'll be buying my legit cd on August 29, and hoping for a vinyl release also.

--------------------

yawn

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 08, 2005 12:31     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Neorc, please tell me you made that ad up in PhotoShop.

"The hottest new metal sensation since Slipknot"

new?

Isn't this their 8th album? At what point does a band become "established" anyway?
And how can the album be available in Hot Topic on August 29? That's a Monday, and new releases aren't out until Tuesday (August 30).

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 08, 2005 14:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, yah. hehe. that advert just SO NOT fit with what the record is, or what that band is about for that matter.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted August 08, 2005 16:12     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Neorc, please tell me you made that ad up in PhotoShop.

"The hottest new metal sensation since Slipknot"

new?

Isn't this their 8th album? At what point does a band become "established" anyway?
And how can the album be available in Hot Topic on August 29? That's a Monday, and new releases aren't out until Tuesday (August 30).

Apparently this is either a legit ad, or a photoshop. I myself don't have the skill for it. But I have not seen any hard evidence for or against it.

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 09, 2005 12:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ppl summed my own thoughts abouth the new Opeth (masterpiece), so I don't think I have to elaborate on that.

On the other hand, since the new FF was brought up, I'm listening to it right now for the first time. I still have to decide whether it's a totally different beast or a total shit. So far, Raymond's double bass kicks are lacking, so that's probably why I'm thinking of the songs as pedestrian at best. Plus, the Killing Joke cover is horrible, and I'm not even started on the U2 cover.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 12, 2005 14:23     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reverie/harlequin forest, where it builds up and then...2.56 into the song the ultimate goodness truly kicks in. Oh lala. That short thing there is hard to beat.
I really like Ghost to perdition too.
those two songs alone is very well worth the buy. I would buy it if i didn't know that Meg will. No use having 2 of the same cd's in one flat right

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 14, 2005 16:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got it today.must grow on me for sure. i am a fan of the harder work and favorites are deliverance and black water park. to little speed and blastbeats imo. defenately not their best.
i think it is music for a wider audiance and middle of the road maybe. i will buy it for sure.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan