my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » what's wrong with the music world ? ! ? !

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what's wrong with the music world ? ! ? !
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 06, 2005 08:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 2005 Billboard-AURN R&B/Hip-Hop Award winners, announced in Atlanta on Friday:

Album: "The Massacre," 50 Cent

Single: "Let Me Love You," Mario

Artist: Usher

Male Artist: Usher

Female Artist: Alicia Keys

Duo or Group: Destiny's Child

New Artist: The Game

Singles Artist: Usher

Albums Artist: 50 Cent

Rap Album: "The Massacre," 50 Cent

Singles Sales: "I Believe," Fantasia

Singles Airplay: "Let Me Love You," Mario

Hot Rap Tracks: "Drop It Like It's Hot," featuring Snoop Dogg and Pharell

Songwriter: Alicia Keys

Producer: Jonathan "Lil' Jon" Smith

Major Label: Interscope

Independent Label: TVT

Pardon me while I take a big S H I T !!!

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 06, 2005 12:09     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You expect any different?

Face it: when it comes to music, most people in the US are sheep; easily led & prone to jump whatever bandwagon that comes along. They allow themselves to be manipulated by the ClearChannel/ MTV-driven Corporate Advertising Machine, led around blindly & willingly with their blank stares & plastic money held high. Furthermore, there is absolutely no desire by the public at large to dig deeper or discover anything challenging & different. It's their fucking loss, (not to mention the brainwashed, misled youth) and the gain is that of the horde of talentless 'gangsta' dreck -- while the ones laughing hardest are the swine who comprise Great and Powerful Music Business Behemoth.

What disturbs me most about this R&B/hip-hop shit is that it just won't GO AWAY like most musical trends that come along. Besides that, the music itself is a stagnant, putrefying mass of shit with nowhere to go. There are few if any artists in this so-called genre doing anything original, nor have they been for the last 20 years. Ice-T is one of the few that I actually admire, and where the hell is he?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted August 06, 2005 14:08     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just as bad with the scensters. Pitchfork and whatnot.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 06, 2005 18:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EMO......when is that gonna die?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 07, 2005 07:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What? You dont like 50 Cent?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 07, 2005 08:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento... I couldn't have summed it up better!!!! That was basically my point... this crap still exists and it has for years.

As for Ice T , he got smart and left the biz and makes his millions on Law an Order, and other shows and movies. It blows my mind that people have listened to the same ole cRAP regenerated and regurgitated over and over again... but then again, I guess I sometimes expect the American music buyers to have 1/2 a mind of their own... my mistake, for giving them more credit that they deserve.

--------------------

yawn

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted August 07, 2005 10:35     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan