my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » JASON NEWSTED: 25 New VOIVOD Songs And Counting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JASON NEWSTED: 25 New VOIVOD Songs And Counting
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 05, 2005 15:29       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greg Prato of Billboard.com recently spoke to former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted about his current musical projects, which include the veteran Canadian group VOIVOD, the bluesy/psychedelic outfit HEARD OF ELEMENTS, and PAPA WHEELIE.

Regarding the upcoming VOIVOD studio album — the group's first for The End label — Newsted said, "It's the most complete demos I've ever been involved in. [VOIVOD singer] Snake has already chosen his effects — exact timing of milliseconds for delay. We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely listenable right now."

Like METALLICA, Newsted was a huge fan of VOIVOD before he was invited to join and he remains a great admirer to this day. "They created something a long, long time ago that may have been emulated many, many times since — but nobody can do it like the original," he offered.

Read more at Billboard.com.

IP: Logged
unregistered

posted August 05, 2005 15:32       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001010266
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 05, 2005 15:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DOUBLE ALBUM !!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 05, 2005 16:58     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted August 05, 2005 17:17     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It would be nice to have a double set but, they should stick with solid CD counting around 65 mins.

If they could put out about half of the 24 songs THIS YEAR, we'll have another Voivod a year later!

Just wishing...

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted August 05, 2005 17:20     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
x1,000,000,000,000,000,000...
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 05, 2005 18:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A year later ??!!!!! Aaargghghh.

DOUBLE ALBUM!!!!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 05, 2005 19:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Double album & a special edition that has all the songs mixed in DTS DVD Audio 5.1 now that would be S W E E T ! ! !

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted August 06, 2005 11:44     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's good to see that they take care of their baby !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 07, 2005 12:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no comment....just patiently waiting....
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 07, 2005 15:33     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely listenable right now."

Absolutely listenable is not good enough for VV. I'd rather have 12 or 13 absolutley great songs.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 07, 2005 19:16     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard the new album is going to be like Angel Rat on Percocet!
Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted August 08, 2005 00:01     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, and next is Rrröööaaarrr on Ritalin?

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 08, 2005 20:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
[QUOTE]Absolutely listenable is not good enough for VV. I'd rather have 12 or 13 absolutley great songs.

I think he meant that the demos are actually "listenable" at this point in time after the overdubs were finally added.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 08, 2005 20:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
[QUOTE]"We've had a long time to develop the demos, so there's about 23 or 25 songs that are absolutely listenable right now."

Absolutely listenable is not good enough for VV. I'd rather have 12 or 13 absolutley great songs.
[/QUOTE]

I would rather get the 25 songs and choose which ones I like the most. The odds of liking more songs increase with the amount of songs to choose from, naturally.

But seriously, I know what you meant, AR

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 09, 2005 07:49     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"absolutely listenable"... is this some extreme leftfield version of AOR?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted August 09, 2005 10:03     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me preface this by saying I will buy this record no matter what. (yes i said record)

1. Wasn't Jason the one bragging how great the last record was?

2. Why aren't we, loyal fan base included in updates of the progress of the new material?

I know the answers to these questions, it's just frustrating.

Thank you for letting me vent.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2005 18:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's because we're all such a bunch of cunts.

--------------------

String em up

unregistered

posted August 21, 2005 01:18       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it has not been said how many of these songs will be on the new album,so does anybody know if it will be a double album?
chaosmongirll
VoivodFan
Member # 489

posted August 21, 2005 21:29     Profile for chaosmongirll   Email chaosmongirll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
it has not been said how many of these songs will be on the new album,so does anybody know if it will be a double album?

i thought Away said it wasn't going to be a double album....though i dont remember why i think that, i vaguely recall hearing something like that. any help? my memory's dead!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 21, 2005 23:29     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
It's because we're all such a bunch of cunts.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 23, 2005 09:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news! Patiently waiting, tho...

And wasn't "Absolutly Listenable" a british sitcom?

(That's it, I'm changing signature!)

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan