my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Confessor - Anyone in North Carolina?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confessor - Anyone in North Carolina?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 03, 2005 04:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If anyone is going to this and can get me a copy of the cd they will be eternally rewarded!!

Reunited North Carolina-based progressive metallers CONFESSOR have scheduled a CD-release party for their new album, "Unraveled", on September 17 at The Lincoln Theatre in Raleigh, NC. "CONFESSOR will be ripping it up with fellow heavy freaks ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY and SOULPREACHER," stated vocalist Scott Jeffreys. "We will be selling the new CONFESSOR album, 'Unraveled', at the show, which will be several weeks prior to the 'official' release date. As an appreciation to our dedicated NC fans, we thought it only fitting to offer up the record early to our hometown CONFESSOR rednecks!! There will also be all new CONFESSOR merchandise at the show. We just wanted to invite all those within driving distance to come out for this special show and enjoy some great metal on an awesome Saturday night in Raleigh, NC!!"
"Unraveled" was produced by Dick Hodgin (ex-CORROSION OF CONFORMITY producer) and is "a wonderful representation of the classic CONFESSOR twisted guitar riffing and complex drumming, meshed with some more straightforward parts and a toned down and very melodic vocal approach," according Jeffreys. "We feel that the new album will certainly appeal to the old-school CONFESSOR fans and also will attract a brand new fan base who might not have heard us when we were together before."
CONFESSOR split up in the early '90s after releasing one full-length album (1991's "Condemned") and EP (1992's "Confessor"), with the with the rhythm section going on to form FLY MACHINE. CONFESSOR reformed in 2002 following the death of guitarist Ivan Colon, who passed away due to cardiac complications.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 03, 2005 07:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I got that weekend off. Hmmmmm.....I like Alabama Thunderpussy too...I think I tried to do this before but couldn't make it for some reason. But if I got the entire weekend off.....
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 03, 2005 09:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do it!!! If I could find a cheap enough flight I'd come join you!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 03, 2005 10:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that would rock sir!!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 03, 2005 12:47     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No way i would travel that far to watch/listen to those bastards. Can't even play at the same damn tempo more than 5 seconds at a time

Georgie Jones on the other hand. there's a fine man to listen to.

GOO Mez. we need a reporter at the event

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 03, 2005 13:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wonder if Schroeder likes Confessor. He's not that far from Raliegh...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 05, 2005 11:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
No way i would travel that far to watch/listen to those bastards. Can't even play at the same damn tempo more than 5 seconds at a time

Georgie Jones on the other hand. there's a fine man to listen to.

GOO Mez. we need a reporter at the event

Yeah, boys and girls, can't you listen to nice music for a change?

quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Wonder if Schroeder likes Confessor. He's not that far from Raliegh...

Schroeder doesn't have any musical taste, so he probably won't go.

Anyway, jokes apart, it's really nice to see Confessor at it again!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 05, 2005 12:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm definitely off that weekend so I'll be at the show. I was halfway kidding about Schroeder making the trip. Probably take him 9 hours....

H, I'll be sure to grab a lock of the singer's hair for ya....

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 08, 2005 08:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think you'll find he chopped it all off many moons ago Mez. Not very metal, but it's Confessor so the usual rules don't apply!

Seriously though mate, if you can get there I'll send you some cash for a cd, if that's cool.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 08, 2005 10:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Think you'll find he chopped it all off many moons ago Mez. Not very metal, but it's Confessor so the usual rules don't apply!

Seriously though mate, if you can get there I'll send you some cash for a cd, if that's cool.

Not necessary sir, it'll be on me. Need to check out their website....I really like the stuff on the new ep...Alabama Thunderpussy playing too?? Hell yeah!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 15, 2005 07:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They've updated the Confessor website - there's a clip of a new tune up. Sounds like they've been listening to Breadwinner again!!!
http://www.confessorband.com/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 15, 2005 11:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I really like that new one. Not a fan of Scott's old voice so glad he toned it down a bit.

Breadwinner?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 15, 2005 11:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh-oh... you haven't heard Breadwinner? I'm gonna have to sort you out! Gonna be outta town for a week, but when I get back I'll burn some off for you. Sooo fucked up. Half of them teamed up with half of Confessor about 2 years ago and did that Loincloth 7" on Southern Lord (which fuckin rules).
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2005 21:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another no-show for me....Harry, I failed you again! I'm just getting to old to make a long jaunt for a show. I even had the night off...what a loser...
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 20, 2005 04:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are officially off my xmas card list!

No problem mate. Seasons of mist are shipping the cd now, so I won't have long to wait.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan