my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD sign with The End Records (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD sign with The End Records
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 28, 2005 23:59     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally some news!

Legendary Canadian metallers VOIVOD have inked a U.S. deal with The End Records. The band will enter the studio in the fall of 2005 to begin recording their 11th studio album, tentatively due in early 2006.

Drummer Michel Langevin (a.k.a. Away) has confirmed that the band have completed the writing of the follow-up to 2003's "Voivod", describing the material as containing "a bit of an eerie vibe, with experimental vocals by Snake, spiralling solos by Piggy and heaviness courtesy of Jasonic!"

Regarding the new partnership, VOIVOD said in a statement: "We are very proud to join The End Records in their quest to promote progressive heavy music. A perfect home for a band like VOIVOD."

www.theendrecords.com

|  IP: Logged
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted July 29, 2005 00:30     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! At last. I'll be happier tomorrow.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 29, 2005 05:40     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally.

We have to wait til 2006 for the new album? It's hard to be patient...

It'll better be worth the wait this time.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted July 29, 2005 06:53     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting! Very good news at least!
Now I just need another good news about the DVD & Away's Book release!!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...ą součre c'est Voļvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 29, 2005 07:05     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:
Interesting! Very good news at least!
Now I just need another good news about the DVD & Away's Book release!!

... and the European tour!!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 29, 2005 07:46     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh, there's some good news. Hurrah!
Korgul
VoivodFan
Member # 475

posted July 29, 2005 07:54     Profile for Korgul   Email Korgul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great great great !!!!!
I hope this new Lp will be more Voivodesque than the one before !

And an european tour would be fantastic !!!!

--------------------

My sky is black today

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 29, 2005 09:53     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news!
but it hurts each time this album is delayed...
I wanted to hear something like:
"Voivod secretely finished recording their new album without telling anyone, it's currently being mastered at (...) , worldwide release date is Sept. 1st" (and touring Europe and so on...)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 29, 2005 10:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
I wanted to hear something like:
"Voivod secretely finished recording their new album without telling anyone, it's currently being mastered at (...) , worldwide release date is Sept. 1st" (and touring Europe and so on...)

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 29, 2005 11:29     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and vvf is linked on theendrecords.com in the announcement of the band's signing to the label. That's kinda cool.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 29, 2005 14:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck.....2006....

Hope i'll live when it comes out....

Hey Voivod, what makes you think we can wait so long.....

I have an idea. Go to the studio next week and record it allready.

Oh, sorry. Never mind.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 29, 2005 21:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I LOVE THE END RECORDS, and shop at their site all the time. As a matter of fact I just, yesterday, ordered the new Antimatter cd and the Dr Butcher disc... can't wait. VOIVOD is perfect for THE END.

2006 can't come soon enough. Maybe it's taken so long because Jason is such a numbers freak, and it needs to be released on a certain day. What's the earliest date that the 14th falls on a Tuesday? Since this will be their 14th album and release day is Tuesday.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 29, 2005 22:30     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Progress is good news indeed!

Now that this deal is cemented I see no reason to delay the DVD...

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 30, 2005 00:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good good!!!! Can't wait to hear it Excellent news
& hello Halaine

--------------------

String em up

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 30, 2005 02:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hopefully this time around when they "support" the new disc with a tour, it won't be on no fucking shitty-ass fucking festival!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 30, 2005 02:05     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Good good!!!

Might I add, an excellent quote from "The Emperor" from Episode 3 when Anakin finally surrenders to the "dark side"!

btw, I have a "bootleg" DVD of the movie, anyone want a copy?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 30, 2005 08:00     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's hope the extra time they are putting in to prepare this record produces a more focused album than the last. By that I mean, the sort of musical mastery that went into our favourites like Hatross and Nothingface (well, mine anyway )

Looking forward to it

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 30, 2005 15:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
What's the earliest date that the 14th falls on a Tuesday? Since this will be their 14th album and release day is Tuesday.

February 14th, 2006. One can hope.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 30, 2005 20:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
February 14th, 2006. One can hope.

that might be it

It would Jasonic would be happy with those numbers
February is the 2nd month and it's the 2nd Voivod album he's on
It's the 14th album and released on the 14th day... can't get much better than that right?

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 31, 2005 00:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Valentine's day. It better not be full of fucking ballads or I'll go get my tattoo lasered off.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 31, 2005 06:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but aren't ALL VOIVOD songs about love? I mean when you read into the lyrics to the real meaning of the songs they all are about heartbreak, new love, eternal love, sex...

"May I ?...May I??
Valves plugs pump to erase
Rictus from my face
Lapse of time
Synchro freeze
Loop rewind
Forward speed
Will to walk
crossed out feet
Fingers fall
far from reach
Mind to talk
Still words bleed
Optic box
melted through
Sonic shock
silent clue
Drop by drop
Drain out tube
I hope, I need
I want to dream
Cold choke choke cold
I float unseen
outside the screen
Cold choke choke cold
A wish extreme
Against the stream."

If that ain't about sex...

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 01, 2005 11:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Valentine's day. It better not be full of fucking ballads or I'll go get my tattoo lasered off.

haha, just let Heimdall's lazer eyes do the de-tattooing.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 01, 2005 12:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
maybe it will be a Heavy Metal Valentine's Day massacre

Massacre'n all other bands with the extreme
RRROOOAAARRR power of Voivod!!!

IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 01, 2005 14:26     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay! Good for the Vod! Hope they don't have problems distributing it in Canaduh... Do the records on the End have good exposure and availability in record stores?
Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 01, 2005 18:03     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
good record label. actually kinda exciting...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan