my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Amerika's return to Space

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amerika's return to Space
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 26, 2005 11:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got home from a long day at work (here in Croatia) and read that the Shuttle launched.

Return to Space (CBS Link)

I am so happy that things went well.
After having a long bad day & all the crap that has been happening in the world lately,
its nice to have something good happen.

Cheers to those brave 7.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 26, 2005 12:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watching shuttle launches never gets old. Glad it all went well.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 26, 2005 13:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
Watching shuttle launches never gets old. Glad it all went well.

Next tim ei'll go.
Have to loose 20 kg or so before i go.

ALL SYSTEMS GOOOOOO....

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 26, 2005 21:21     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Next tim ei'll go.
Have to loose 20 kg or so before i go.

ALL SYSTEMS GOOOOOO....

I think you'll have to put down your beers for awhile too.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 27, 2005 03:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think they train the TV cameras on the families watching the lift-off just in case the thing blows up?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 21, 2012 05:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Do you think they train the TV cameras on the families watching the lift-off just in case the thing blows up?

yes the media did this with shuttle Challenger, I was watching it during an assembly in elementary school.

Our return to space was short lived, Obama shut the space program down and we have opened Spaceport America... The private sector is taking us to space here and the NASA launches will go back to a pretty much a military operation.

it's all natures course of things...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 21, 2012 05:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it did take you kinda long to think this out....

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 21, 2012 12:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Well, it did take you kinda long to think this out....

actually bro I just read it... I was looking for an old topic that came to mind yesterday and found this instead.

figured we could all use a little clear up on the subject, and as to show a little respect for those 7 people who lost their lives during Challenger. I think the way Americans are raised is to think that everyone is an American... afterall we are a population of global citizens that make up America. Alot of that changed though for the citizens who live here after they got online and discovered apparently just how much the rest of the world hates them. NASA on the other hand was and is "for mankind" one can't say any other nation has ever made an announcement such as that.

Challenger is one very vivid memory from my childhood, I remember pretty much everything from that day. We all wanted to be space cadets at some time I'm sure of it.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 21, 2012 20:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember watching the Challenger lift off live at home and realizing something was very wrong when the smoke plumes went in two different directions, before anything was officially announced (which didn't take long after that, when the metal and flames were raining down). NASA's made great strides for all mankind and it's a shame things are on hold and not being run like they used to be. I've been watching the series THE UNIVERSE which is incredibly interesting.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 21, 2012 22:15     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have that series too... I collect documentaries and travel videos. Here is a good site you may be interested in. You have to register and it is an educational site but this type of knowledge has been left alone to be able to share and there are even teachers registered on the site. www.mvgroup.org

sorry for digging up an old thread ya'll, a lefties impulse does not run on linear time...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 24, 2012 00:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whatever happened to that shitwhistle Lyk, anyways?

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan