my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metal reissues

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metal reissues
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 25, 2005 22:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello guys!

I just bought a double CD containing Annihilator's first two albums, remastered, for seven pounds. Do you guys know what other thrash bands' early recordings have been re-released in the CD format recently?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 25, 2005 23:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are on Roadrunner. They also re-released Exorder's Slaughter in the Vatican + The Law (2 CD set).

Also, Exumer's Possessed by Fire + Rising From the Sea were re-released in one CD.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 26, 2005 02:19     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
Those are on Roadrunner. They also re-released Exorder's Slaughter in the Vatican + The Law (2 CD set).

Also, Exumer's Possessed by Fire + Rising From the Sea were re-released in one CD.

Anyone who doesn't know, Exhorder is what Pantera stole the whole Cowboys/Vulger style from.

--------------------

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 26, 2005 03:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sacred Reich stuff is also getting re-mastered and re-issued along with Vio-lence "Eternal Nightmare".
I've also notice all of the early Motorhead stuff has been remastered.

IP: Logged
unregistered

posted July 26, 2005 03:36       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh i forgot to mention the first 6 Exciter cd's have also been remastered(the last two havent been released yet but one is gonna be in Aug.)
also all the early Venom stuff has been & all the early Megadeth stuff has been.
Just about everything has except some of the best Voivod albums ever!!!?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 26, 2005 08:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe these are remastered..which was sorely needed:

ATHEIST

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 26, 2005 11:09     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talking 'bout VENOM, browsing the forum at Site of the Hydra ( http://venom.11.forumer.com/index.php ) there are some rumours that new reissues are on the way, because the ones released some time ago didn't had the band's opinion, though they were official... Hope they now include tracks like Senile Decay on the new editions... LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GOD'S ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 26, 2005 12:57     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ironic thing is that the Emperor CDs are being reissued on Vinyl!

--------------------

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 26, 2005 13:02     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
Talking 'bout VENOM, browsing the forum at Site of the Hydra ( http://venom.11.forumer.com/index.php ) there are some rumours that new reissues are on the way, because the ones released some time ago didn't had the band's opinion, though they were official... Hope they now include tracks like Senile Decay on the new editions... LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GOD'S ROCK N' ROLL!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up the Venom remasters that Neat Records put out a few years ago. I thought they were pretty well done. How many times can the Venom stuff be re-released? Seems like they are almost as bad as Maiden in the reissue department.

unregistered

posted July 29, 2005 12:49       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aug. 16th the last two Exciter remastered cd will be released.The better first four are already remastered.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6900131&style=music&cart=261544976

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6864718&style=music&cart=261544976

also this in Sept....

http://www.angelfire.com/az/SacredPages/

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 01, 2005 14:33     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reissues of Angel Rat and Outer Limits are coming very soon, according to Away, with extra demos, complete artwork and videos!
Nah, just kidding.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 01, 2005 14:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I believe these are remastered..which was sorely needed:

ATHEIST

Yeah! These are full-on remasters with bonus tracks, full art, and pics. Here's the scoop from Blubbermuth...

Atheist Reissues

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 01, 2005 23:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just picked upik the remastered and expanded BRUCE DICKINSON solo cds, and gotta say it was worth it. Lots of cool bonus tracks, more liner notes, etc... Great job!!!

I've enjoyed everything Dickinson has put out(except Tattooed Millionaire) far better than what Maiden had released when Bruce left, not to mention the last few albums they did with him before his departure.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan