my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How Was YourSaturday Night?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Was YourSaturday Night?
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 17, 2005 13:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking storm here was nuts with 175 kmh winds, hail, torrential rains and shit. I took the family downstairs as this was prime tornado weather. It's 2am at this time.

I fucking go to check my sump pump under the stairs coz it's working really hard and I bash the top of my fucking head on the underside of the stairs, splitting my head open. Blood starts gushing down my face and I totally have to get this looked at. My neighbour was cool enough to drive me there so my wife could stay home with the kids. I didn't want to drag them outside in this shit.

The streets were flooding, there were trees blown over everywhere and powerlines down in several places along the way. We saw 2 transformers explode on one of the main roads! The whole time, my head is bleeding profusely and his little car is up to the fucking doors in water! We got to the hospital and I got him to drop me off. I said I'd find my way home later.

The doctor said he didn't want to put stitches in coz of the shape of the cut, so he uses this medical glue that stings like a bitch. Then I had to get a tetanus shot too, coz it's been like 20 years since my last one.

I called my wife when I was done at @3:30 am and she packed the kids in the van and came to get me. The storm was over at this point. Most of the water has drained off the streets and into the sewers, but there's signs and trees down everywhere. I did a check of my house and nothing's damaged here, but my neighbour who drove me to the hospital wasn't so lucky. His patio cover thing blew off and smashed his back window! There's glass all over his deck. The guy across the street from me just built a brand new shed for his lawn equipment and it's fucking gone. It's just a pile of garbage now.

So, how did you spend your Saturday night.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 17, 2005 13:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, where do you live?

I was sitting in the front of my brother in laws house spending several beers.

sorry.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 17, 2005 14:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! That was a mess!

I am happy that you & the kids were alright.
Hope your head heals quickly.

I think you should write a song about that experience.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 17, 2005 15:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ouch. You take care of yourself.

My saturday was nice, though, thanks for asking.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 17, 2005 16:23     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Hell, where do you live?

Hell is exactly where I live.

Actually, I'm in central Canada. Tornado Alley of the North.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 17, 2005 16:39     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Mrs. Helicopter woke me up at 3am because there was 'something in the garden'.

Turns out it was a Shetland Pony (the dinky little ones that dwarfs/monkeys ride at shows). He broke out of wherever he was and came to talk to my horses, one of which is in heat.

People that don't know horses see a Shetland Pony and go 'ah, cute', but people who know horses look at them and say 'you cunning, spiteful evil little bastard!'. This little Stalion was so horny I honestly thought it had five legs. My American Standard (full size) isn't even that big down there, and he looked a bit miffed. The other one, the mare in heat, looked interested.

We managed to catch him before he destroyed Mrs. Helicopters new pride-and-joy vegetable patch and slung his evil little ass into a stable (with some hay) where he wined and squeeled until the sun came up.

His owners, some new people down the lane, had been up looking for him since 5am, so they came and picked him up. Next week he has an appointment with the Vet's Castration Sheers, apparently.

Ok Nuke, it wasn't a patch on yours but it's sure as fuck never happened to me before. Invaded by a horny fucking dwarf horse, I ask you.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 18, 2005 00:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, Nuke, what a night! I bet you'll remember that every time you go down to the basement.

Good story Helicopter man. Shetland ponies in the garden looking for the tang......man, I don't have any comment there.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 18, 2005 11:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ouch, i hope your head feels better nv. ponies are nasty and they bite, i have no idea why people buy them for kids.

i went to see the fireworks on saturday night (czech republic). they always set them to classical music when what they really need is something a little heavier as an accompaniment. just my opinion...

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 18, 2005 16:41     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The memorable event from Saturday night was a staredown between me and one mean lookin' Racoon. That little bastard would not back down and move so I could get to the garbage can. I had to chuck a rock at him to scare him away.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 18, 2005 17:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn Nuc.. i hope thats your "shit happens" for the rest of the year.

my saturday began at 5am and i downed a half of a pot of coffee (colombian bean) and was at work by 7am, pulled 15.1 labor hours by 1:30pm in the sweltering heat... got home around 4pm and i was so beat i decided to kat-nap for awhile which turned out to be until 11pm when i awoke to hit the head and smoke a cigg, then i fell back out at 11:30pm until 7:30am the next morning... only to start moving furniture for my mother at 9am sunday and all day until 10pm sunday night.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 18, 2005 17:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just me and the significant other playing cards at her house, thanks for asking.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 20, 2005 10:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Dog, Nuclear Vampire. Glad the little cute ones and the momma (and YOU) are back to some sense of normalcy.
Let's see, it's now Wed...what the hell did I do Sat. night?
eh, must not have been important but I do know it involved beer. No storms, racoons or Shitland Ponies...sadly, no large horse dongs either.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 20, 2005 13:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine was a boring one, stayed in working on an album cover. I'll put a piccy on here when it's finished.
Glad you guys are all ok now!
Whichever one of you it was in that horse video over in TM, you should own up now. Nothing wrong with having "farm experience", but really..

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan