my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NHL, players reach deal to end lockout (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: NHL, players reach deal to end lockout
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted August 05, 2005 15:14       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think this will make for a great playoffs.Alot of teams that you dont see much of in the post season should still be playing.
IP: Logged
unregistered

posted August 05, 2005 16:20       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Oilers are apparently trying.

According to a report in The Edmonton Journal, the team had preliminary discussions with free-agent winger Paul Kariya.

Kariya is also talking with the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings.

looks like Edmonton & the Kings are working on getting some good teams together.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 05, 2005 17:38     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul Kariya has signed with the Nashville Predators.

Wow.

I didn't see that one coming at all.

And Toronto has finally peeked their nose out the door and resigned Tie Domi and apparently Jason Allison. Allison should make a great #2 center behind Mats Sundin, if his head is really healed and stays that way.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 05, 2005 19:19     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In other news, Kings fans, I see that Frozen Fury 8 will be played at the MGM Grand on September 24. This is an annual pre-season game, usually between the Kings and the Avalanche. I've gone twice. Fabulous excuse to go to Vegas, eh?

Sadly I don't think I can swing it this year. I will have a visitor most of September, departing on the 23rd. To see this game I'd have to hop a plane to Vegas right after I see Vroom off on his plane to Sweden! Or I could go Saturday morning, spend Saturday night and come back Sunday.

....hm.....ok now I'm thinking about it....anybody wanna join me?

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 05, 2005 19:50     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW! Kariya going to the Predators is as suprising as Foote going to the Jackets! Bummer for me........Kariya was rumored to be at least considering the Kings, although the paper this morning said the San Jose was high on Kariya's list. So much for inside scoops. LA writers know next to nothing about hockey!

And I hope Allison signing in Toronto doesn't influence Palffy to go there too. Rumor had it that Palffy was interested in playing with Allison again. Although, that rumor was started in Toronto. In Toronto, at least every major hockey player has been rumored to go Toronto at some point in there career!
As for Allison, when healthy, he's one of the top 5 center man in the league IMO. He's a stud.

But as a King's fan, IMO, if we don't get Palffy back, signing Roenick and Demitra won't mean much.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 06, 2005 17:10     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Milan Hejduk signed a 5-year contract with the Avs today, at an annual average of $3.9 million. This is lower than his qualifying offer of $4.3, so I'm a happy camper now! It also explains how they were able to afford Brad May (an odd signing, IMHO - this is the dork who "joked" in the media about a bounty on Steve Moore's head not long before Bertuzzi lost his ever-lovin' mind. He's also a named defendant in the civil suit Steve Moore has since filed.)

So, I'm confused over the May signing, but I'm happy happy happy to have sewn up Hejduk long-term, and easily at lower than his market value would have been when he hit free agency.

*edit* And now they've signed Andrew Brunette. Oddly enough, when I checked ESPN.com's list of remaining notable free agents this morning I was thinking I'd much rather we'd signed Andrew Brunette or Yanic Perrault than Brad May. Admittedly they're both probably more expensive. How are the Avs NOT over the cap now? Or should I expect to see a trade soon?

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 06, 2005 19:46     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Palffy is a Penguin. Someone finish this word for me: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCC???????!!!!!!!
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 06, 2005 20:31     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats to Philadelphia Flyers!! You got our Peter "Foppa" Forsberg. He was just home for one year... That's life
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 08, 2005 18:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, Todd Bertuzzi has been reinstated. No additional 20 games, no nothing. Just "welcome back Bert!" They kinda snuck the news out under cover of all the "Gretzky will coach Coyotes" furor. If you can really call it a furor, that is...

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 10, 2005 15:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Osgood is back in Detroit,damn thats funny.I guess they can't get anybody any better.

I hope someone knocks Bertuzzi out in the first game.He's an asshole.when the fuck would you need to hit someone that hard from behind?

unregistered

posted August 11, 2005 10:50       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pittsburg Acquired goaltender Jocelyn Thibault

this is shaping up to be a damn good team with Palffy,Lemieux,Recchi,& there number one draft pick.

They may need to add some better defense though but they sure got the scorers and a good goalie.

unregistered

posted August 13, 2005 08:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lure of L.A. attracts Bure to sign with Kings

the Kings got a pretty dangerous team now.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 13, 2005 12:45     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Before anybody gets too excited, let's clarify something here - that's Valeri Bure, not Pavel Bure. Not that Val isn't a good player, but he's no Pavel. Should at least partially fill the hole Palffy left though.

--------------------

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 15, 2005 12:26     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He's closer to a Rasberry Bure than a Pavel! (sorry, I'm still bitter over not keeping Palffy)

In all honesty, Valeri is a second liner at best. He's a "depth" guy. King's are better with him, but we're still no contender.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 15, 2005 15:35     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehehe....Raspberry Bure.....

I know puns are supposed to be the lowest form of humor, but I'm easily amused.

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 15, 2005 18:00       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LeClair joins the Penguins
unregistered

posted August 17, 2005 16:36       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COYOTES SIGN CURTIS JOSEPH
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 00:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The NHL and Comcast have come to an agreement for a national broadcast contract. Apparently NHL games will be televised on OLN. They'd talked about two games a week before, but that's not specified in the article I read. ESPN thought about it and declined to match the contract (they had that option).

I'm sorry ESPN won't have games, because I thought they did a great job of covering hockey. But I'm happy as can be that there's a national cable channel that will be broadcasting hockey, and best of all its a channel I already get! (Bless Comcast and their ambition for a national sports channel to compete with ESPN.)

NHL - Changing Stations (article on ESPN.com)

....speaking of OLN, are those bastards going to televise the Vuelta this year? Last year's coverage sucked! They did much better the two years before.

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 00:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is the Vuelta?
please excuse my ignorance.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 00:58     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vuelta a Espana....it's like the Tour de France, except in Spain.

And I answered my own question - checked their web site and apparently the answer is NO! Just a couple hour highlight show at the end. Bastards. I'm going to have to buy the damn DVD again just so I can see what happens. (Ok so I probably would have bought it anyway. )

But hey, at least they'll be televising hockey! I hope they do a regular hockey highlights show as well as the full games. Preferably with Barry Melrose involved in some capacity.

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 07:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Melrose yeah LOL
unregistered

posted August 18, 2005 20:05       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Japanese goalie signs deal with L.A. Kings

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-kings-japanesegoalie&prov=ap&type=lgns

how do you pronouce that name?
Fukufuji

is it FUK-U-FUJI ?

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2005 20:13     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More on the new TV deal HERE. Looks like it will be two games a week, most likely on Mondays and Tuesdays. Here's hoping they at least alternate between East and West games, 'cause if these games start at 4p.m. Pacific Time and I miss all but the third period every week I'm gonna cry. I suppose I could tape 'em but it's not the same.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 19, 2005 02:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like Bertuzzi is back in NHL!
Recently reinstated, he will play for Team Canada.

Yahoo News Link

unregistered

posted August 23, 2005 07:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mighty Ducks have Selanne back under their wing

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan