my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NHL, players reach deal to end lockout (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: NHL, players reach deal to end lockout
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 13, 2005 13:54       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/

Finally!!!!

IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 13, 2005 14:00     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is this about?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
unregistered

posted July 13, 2005 14:05       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's about time.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 13, 2005 16:01     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
what is this about?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted July 13, 2005 18:27     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About time indeed... funny part is, in my area the majority of people never missed it. Wash DC is not exactly a hockey town. Be interesting to see how long it takes to get the casual fan back into it. Let the injuries begin!!... Go Caps!!
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted July 13, 2005 20:16     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now, let's see who's gonna pick Crosby!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 13, 2005 22:13     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YES

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2005 10:21     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Devils! Go Stars! Go Calgary!

I am so happy now, this calls for a shot or two in celebration.
My most favorite sport of all will finally play.
Its a lot more exciting than watching the local Football games.

unregistered

posted July 14, 2005 11:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well your gonna need to get something beside cable to watch the games.ESPN didnt pick up any NHL games so all i'll get to see is local games and i don't much care for the Blue Jackets
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 14, 2005 17:15     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Columbus? lol! I'm sorry man.

Hey...look at it this way...
ANY Hockey is better than none at all.
You will find yourself cheering for Columbus before ya know it.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 14, 2005 18:42     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Columbus has Rick Nash - a great young player who actually PLAYED last year, and did extremely well at that (in Europe, of course). He's pretty fun to watch. And once all the free agents get signed up, who knows who else your team will have?

I personally am quite happy. Of course, with nothing on ESPN I am also pretty much screwed. I'll get to watch Hockey Night in Canada and whatever gets televised on NBC. Bah.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

unregistered

posted July 14, 2005 23:31       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah,don't care about Nash.I'm from Detroit so i want to see the Red Wings.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 15, 2005 09:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Red Wings? Now there is one tough team to play.
Is Brett Hull still there?
He was sure fun to watch in Dallas.

Nash...yeah i remember that kid.
Every time Columbus came to Dallas to play, the talk was all about Nash.
But it was for good reason too...he always proved himself by scoring a goal or two.
He sure did make the whole Dallas team step up theyre play a bit.
At the time though, Nash couldnt carry the whole team on his back and Dallas would end up winning.

Ah yes. Those were the days. How i miss watching such great games.

Hey! Anyone here a Todd Bertuzzi fan?
Remember...he is the guy who violently attacked Moore (Colorado) from behind possibly ending his carrer.
The day after that happened, i went out and bought the Bertuzzi Action Figure.
The good ones made by McFarlane Sports.
I knew that one day it may be a dubious collectors item.

As for Moore...he is still recovering.
It is uncertain if he can play again.
Bertuzzi recently sought reinstatement into the NHL after his ban, but is getting a cold shoulder treatment.
Everything in Bertuzzi's future depend on if Moore can ever play again.

It really sucks though, because the NHL lost two great players that night.
Maybe Bertuzzi should consider Boxing as a carreer.

unregistered

posted July 15, 2005 10:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bret Hull is in Phoenix now.
Bertuzzi shouldnt play again.That was shitty hitting someone from behind like that.I don't think they should ever let him back in the NHL.They need to draw the line somewhere.This isnt Slapshot.

unregistered

posted July 26, 2005 05:08       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
look like this hockey season is gonna be very different.lot of teams are dropping big name guys because of the salary cap.
Colorado is dropping Forsberg & Foote.Detroit is dropping Hatcher,McCarty & Whitney.All really great payers.Detroit is also losing several guy to retirement.
It looks like every team is gonna be pretty evenly matched up.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 26, 2005 12:24     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to see other hockey fans here! I can't wait for the season to begin (I'm a Kings fan). The King's actually look pretty good from a roster/salary cap position. Plenty of cap space, with a great core of about 12 young players. We should have plenty of room to get one of those free agents to make us a sure playoff team again. Ahhhhhhh, the hockey playoffs!!!!! It doesn't get much better than that in sports.

By the way, no one has even mentioned the rule changes.....what do you guys think? The only one I dislike is the allowing two line passes. The other stuff seems to make the game more exciting. But the two line pass seems to change the game. I don't like it. But I'll keep an open mind about it.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 27, 2005 00:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
Great to see other hockey fans here! I can't wait for the season to begin (I'm a Kings fan). The King's actually look pretty good from a roster/salary cap position. Plenty of cap space, with a great core of about 12 young players. We should have plenty of room to get one of those free agents to make us a sure playoff team again. Ahhhhhhh, the hockey playoffs!!!!! It doesn't get much better than that in sports.

By the way, no one has even mentioned the rule changes.....what do you guys think? The only one I dislike is the allowing two line passes. The other stuff seems to make the game more exciting. But the two line pass seems to change the game. I don't like it. But I'll keep an open mind about it.

Hey buddy boy, we just signed Lucky Luc for another year. I cannot fucking WAIT to see some damn Hockey again! YAAAAAAHHH!

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 31, 2005 11:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two of my favorite players are now playing for Phoenix.

Brett Hull and Mike Ricci

Looks like i will be cheering for that team too.

Los Angeles Kings? We will see what happens.
You certainly do keep the faith each year, MrMustard. lol

unregistered

posted July 31, 2005 14:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah it looks like Phoenix is gonna have a good team.
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted August 01, 2005 12:54     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What can I say, Number 6? I'm delirious!?@#$

By the way, I think we start the season against your Stars.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 02, 2005 20:20     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kings signed Pavol Demitra today. Looks like they aren't sitting around waiting to see "what the market looks like."

Oh and those not-so-beloved Columbus Blue Jackets got Adam Foote. Bastards.

On the bright side that's $4.5 million (annually) the Avs can put towards resigning Forsberg. I hope.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 03, 2005 00:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadMeg:
Kings signed Pavol Demitra today. Looks like they aren't sitting around waiting to see "what the market looks like."

Sweet! He's another player that OWNED us so bad, we finally had to go get him. Now does anyone know what the hell's going on with Deadmarsh & Allison? Talk about "dropping off the map"... And what about Palffy? Is he coming back from Slovakia? I can't seem to get any friggin INFO over here!

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 03, 2005 00:31       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Palffy may end up signing with Detroit.

Modono has left Dallas and signed with Boston.

It's sure gonna be interesting to see how teams do now with all the players changing teams and alot of smaller teams getting big name players.

I wonder where Cujo is gonna end up cause he aint in Detroit anymore.

i hope KHABIBULIN ends up signing with Detroit.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 03, 2005 01:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey man, FUCK Detroit!

Spoiled bastards!

They can kiss my white ASS

--------------------

unregistered

posted August 03, 2005 02:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

too bad the Kings are gonna suck again

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan