my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD, BRUTAL TRUTH Featured On DIE KREUZEN Tribute Album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD, BRUTAL TRUTH Featured On DIE KREUZEN Tribute Album
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 10, 2005 08:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NAPALM DEATH, VOIVOD, BRUTAL TRUTH Featured On DIE KREUZEN Tribute Album - July 10, 2005

Legendary Milwaukee punk/hardcore kings DIE KREUZEN have beeen honored by an Erosion Records tribute compilation featuring both local Wisconsin and national artists, including VOIVOD, NAPALM DEATH and BRUTAL TRUTH. Liner Notes were written by Thurston Moore of SONIC YOUTH and the disc is packaged in a limited-edition cardboard Arigato pak.

"Lean into It", released on June 21 on Appleton, Wisconsin's Erosion Records, is distributed by Revolver, Carrot Top, Choke, and Lumberjack.

"Lean into It" track listing:

01. SEASON TO RISK - "Melt"
02. BRUTAL TRUTH - "Rumors"
03. COWBOY SUITE - "Mannequin"
04. MIKE WATT - "Stomp"
05. TRAINDODGE - "Among The Ruins"
06. VOIVOD - "Man In The Trees"
07. SANITY ASSASSINS - "Hate Me"
08. ALUMINUM KNOT EYE - "No. 3"
09. BIONIC - "All White"
10. THE CATASTROPHE - "On The Streets"
11. BEEKLER - "Pain"
12. COLOSSAMITE - "Imagine (Among The) Light
13. ST. ELLAS - "Elizabeth"
14. GARLIC FROG DIET - "Over And The Edge"
15. FUZZDOLLY - "No Name"
17. BAIT - "Stomp"
18. NAPALM DEATH - "I'm Tired"
19. THE DROIDS - "In School"
20. BOUND TO ONE - "Fuck Ups"
21. MAD TRUCKER GONE MAD - "Think For Me"
22. JAGGERNAUTS - "Slow"
23. HUM MACHINE - "Don't Say Please"
24. MINER - "Big Bad Days"
25. BUZZ MORAN - "No Time"
26. VIC BONDI - "Enemies"

DIE KREUZEN (pronounced dee-kroytzen) were one of the most innovative and creative bands of their time. During the 1980s and early 1990s they covered and broke more musical ground than most bands ever dream of.

"Lean into It" is available for $12 postpaid. Make money orders payable to Mark Hillstrom c/o Erosion Records, P.O. Box 701, Appleton, WI 54912. For more information, write to mshillstrom@yahoo.com. For credit card purchases, call Mark at (920) 731-6010.

IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 10, 2005 14:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, the other DK. Very cool, can't wait to hear Napalm mangle one of these tracks. BTW, have any of you ever been to Wisconsin? I've made a few deliveries there lately, and let me tell you; that place is WEIRD as fucking hell.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted July 10, 2005 15:46     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
can't wait to hear Napalm mangle one of these tracks.

You can hear the half of the 55 seconds long Napalm Death cover of "I'm tired" here.

They had done it like Voivod a time ago. It's on their cover album "Leaders Not Followers: Part 2".

unregistered

posted August 11, 2005 00:22       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here it is Snake
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 11, 2005 07:35     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
does anybody know if they accept paypal?

I discovered Die Kreuzen after hearing this cover of Man in the Trees (which is amazing), and I absolutely love that band now.. (actually I already had Brutal Truth's Rumors, it's excellent I love that song)

unregistered

posted August 21, 2005 01:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no paypal

does anybody know any of these bands?
I've heard of Voivod,Brutal Truth & Napalm Death but that's it from that list.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan