my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Gonna be on the radio next weekend

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gonna be on the radio next weekend
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 07, 2005 22:48     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My buddy has a show every Saturday called (strangely enough) "The Saturday Night Special" at one of the local University stations. He plays an eclectic mix of noise, metal, industrial, indie and stoner rock. I've been on a few times and got him totally hooked on Finntroll when I played Jaktens Tid on the air.

I'll be on one of his last shows July 16th spinning some metal goodies and even some of my own stuff. He's moving to China in the fall to teach, so he asked me to come on one last time.

The show starts at 5:30pm Central Time and goes for 2 hours. It's on UMFM (The University Of Manitoba). You can listen live here--> http://www.umfm.com/listen_online.shtml

Friday's are also great on this station. Starting at around 9:00 am Central it's Punk, Metal, Grind, Indie and Industrial until around 3:00pm or so. Good shit.

make sure all you fuckers tune in!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 07, 2005 23:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, will the show be available afterwards? I'd like to hear it, but I start work at 5:00 on Sat.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 08, 2005 10:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember listening to you on the radio like 3 years ago on the same show. Good show too....FUCCCCOOO I'll be working then too............
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 08, 2005 19:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
play some of my "Woodrot", or "Alchemy" that I had sent you!!!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 08, 2005 22:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, I will play some Alchemy. That's good stuff.

Did you get the Vas Deferens CD I sent you?

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 09, 2005 05:29     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Did you get the Vas Deferens CD I sent you?

Nope! I was wondering why I didn't get one! Damn!!!

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 10, 2005 10:39     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:
Nope! I was wondering why I didn't get one! Damn!!!

WTF?? Did you move or something? Email me your address and I'll pop another one in the post.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 16, 2005 00:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gotta bump this baby. Don't forget to tune in! I mamaged to convince the whole band to come to the station for a rare appearance! Jesse, Dick, Volgaar and I will all be there spinning tunes and causing trouble!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 16, 2005 01:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are ya gonna answer my question, Nuke?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 16, 2005 09:32     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, Tang. I was gonna look into it and I forgot.

Unfortunately, the shows are not stored for download at a later time. However, I will bring in some blank CDs and see about recording it live. If I can I'll make copies for anyone who wants 'em.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 16, 2005 11:09     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I got your disc...look for a thread in "cosmic drama" for my response to it...

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan