my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Pink Floyd at Live 8 (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Pink Floyd at Live 8
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 06, 2005 09:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I notice that look too, MeanMrMustard.
Its was pretty cool.
The impression I got when Gilmore did that was...
"Yeah, we still got it."
Meaning...they can still get in the groove.
You know what i mean.

He looked at that moment like he was having a great time.
Mason too. The old man can still play the drums. lol.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 06, 2005 12:24     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They all look like such respectable old men, now (which is probably because they are all respectable old men). Except for Gilmour, who looks as if he'd be quite happy eating your liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

A shame they've ruled out a tour, I'd kill to go see them.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2005 12:31     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... When i saw Gilmour look over at Mason with a smirk, i thought he meant "Holy shit Roger's vocals are horrible".

Cuz they were.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 06, 2005 12:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just picked this up on video. Looking forward to seeing it. I saw about half of the first song, then promtly fell asleep. Nothing to do with the performance though, it was toward the end of a very long day and I had consumed a large quantity of whisky and weed. I just remember waking up and seeing Paul Mcartney conducting the finale.

Anyhoo - I'll be checking ot out tonight.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 06, 2005 22:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
after listening to a lot of the groups I like which were all classic bands from the late 60's when they started or 70's and then some of the groups from the 80's and 90's... the older bands smoked these younger fucks BIG TIME. I couldn't even get through one song of Motley Crue, or Def Leppard or a couple other groups I desided to check out for the hell of it... they SUCKED. Even Chris Cornell in Audioslave sounded like shit (although I still captured the audio of the performance).

Anyway, just an obsevation which proves the gradfathers of rock n roll can still kick ass.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan