my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » END OF LEVEL BOSS: Prologue tour (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: END OF LEVEL BOSS: Prologue tour
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 21, 2005 10:04     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Does that make me a Canadian? What's that all aboot, eh?

it makes you a lucky bastard....ha!

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 28, 2005 08:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just so's yer knows.....
Prologue is now on sale through www.eolb.com. Ten quid - shopping is free. Form an orderly queue!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 28, 2005 11:21     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey h, ever heard of CD Baby? We have our CD set up there for international sales online. It hardly cost a thing (it's pretty band friendly) to set up, and it sure makes purchasing CDs convenient for international sales. You should check them out. Here's a link to our CD so you can check it out for yourself www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2
If you want them to set up sales for EOLB, start here www.cdbaby.net and follow the links. It's pretty easy and couldn't hurt. Good luck h! Can't wait to hear the CD!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 28, 2005 11:41     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Prologue is now on sale through www.eolb.com. Ten quid - shopping is free. Form an orderly queue!

alright, I'll have three of those!
my order is in

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 28, 2005 22:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CD BABY is a cool sight to find unknown bands, and they have excellent cross references. I've had days where I've spent hours listening to music by so many different bands and finding a few gems worth buying. It's so damn cool these days when anyone can record, produce, and market their own music.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 29, 2005 00:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just ordered a cd and shirt YEAHHHHHHHHHH
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted August 03, 2005 08:01     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
received the cd's on Aug. 1st, that was quick! thanks!

(1st time I'm buying more than one copy at once haha)

One CD has already found its place, in a family of metalheads: the parents are already fans of the Boss, and of Voivod as well (TOL preferred); when I gave them the s/t album their older son (6 by now) was playing it all the time, headbanging on Gasmask Revival... Now the little monster wants to play drums!

The other one goes to another old friend, who introduced my to Mr Bungle and John Zorn (and Bill Laswell, XLS...) like 15 years ago... he's a barman and DJ, plays a lot of 'Desert Rock' kind of Stoner (QOTSA, Kyuss...)

Oh and I'll bring my own copy at the Café my cousin works in, he'll play it (last time he insisted to play those Cirith Ungol demos - holy shit, he did it but some ppl complained)

I'll have a look for strategic places for the stickers

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 03, 2005 09:43     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah... we don't mess about y'see! Glad to hear they got to you mate.

Thanks for the heads up on CDbaby guys. I'll look into it. I use paypal so much these days that it kinda makes it easy for me. Anyway - cheers once more to the Voivodfan chapters for helping spread the word. You fuckers rule!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 03, 2005 10:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was finally able to figure out how to change my home address at PayPal...ugh.
Order is in!! Can't wait to hear this cd!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 03, 2005 18:44     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
END OF LEVEL BOSS Prologue
Label: Exile On Mainstream, Vertrieb: Soulfood

Review aus 218 Rock Hard

(41:59) Was für ein Brocken! Das ist das Erste, was einem nach dem ersten Durchlauf von „Prologue“ einfällt. END OF LEVEL BOSS lassen sich weder einer bestimmten musikalischen Kategorie zuordnen, noch drängen sich Vergleiche zu anderen Bands auf. Auch wenn schräge Akkorde, Harmonien und Beats in gewissen Momenten Parallelen zu Voivod heraufbeschwören, rücken tonnenschwere Single-Note-Riffs und spacige Jam-Parts den Sound der Hangnail- und Ex-Flood-Mitglieder in die Nähe des Stoner- und Progrock-Genres. Dazu noch eine Prise Doom, und fertig ist das nonkonforme Meisterwerk. Wem der Drive und die Heaviness des Stoner-Rock zusagen, wen limitiertes Pentatonikgedudel auf Dauer aber langweilt, wer sich gerne durch schwere, doomige Grooves in Parallelwelten fallen lässt, um im nächsten Moment durch progressive Drumparts und schräge Akkorde aus tranceähnlichen Zuständen zurückgerissen zu werden, der kann sich beim nächsten Besuch seines Plattendealers „Prologue“ als Blindkauf eintüten lassen.

ANDREAS HIMMELSTEIN
Note 9/10

Congrats!
Here is my simple translation try:

"What a rock! That's what you think after hearing "Prologue" the first time. Neither you can put END OF LEVEL BOSS in a special musical category nor you have to compare them to other bands. Altough in some moments weird chords, harmonies and beats conjure up parallels to Voivod, ultraheavy single note riffs and spacy jam parts are moving the sound of the Hangnail- and Ex-Flood members near the Stoner and Prog Rock genre. Put a little bit Doom thereto and the nonconform masterpiece is ready. Who likes the drive and the heavyness of Stoner Rock, who is bored by limitated pentatonic tootling, who likes falling in parallel worlds by heavy doomy grooves - just to be beaten back from trance like states in the next moment by progressiv drum parts and weird chords, can buy "Prologue" without checking next time at his record store.

ANDREAS HIMMELSTEIN
Note 9/10"

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 03, 2005 18:59     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh...Andreas Himmelstein is obviously a man of taste and discrimination.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 04, 2005 00:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe I already received my package!!!!!

Beautiful shirt and man.......I've only listened to the first four tracks but what a monster of an album. I'm not just saying that cause H is a friend. I listened very closely to everything in the car where I can really hear everything and the Rock Hard review is dead on! These songs kill!! Its stoner for people who are bored by stoner..prog for people who want to rock...i know that is an awful description but its 12 30am and I just got off work so it'll have to do.

If you don't buy this album...you're either stupid or just well, stupid.....Buy it NOW!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 04, 2005 05:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Folks... we is honoured. The impecible taste of Voivodfans shines on!

Thanks for the translated review Hypercube. I'm gonna cut and paste it onto the eolb forum if that's cool. Cheers!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 06, 2005 20:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bloody Hell! I'm so drunk I can't even see let alone type. Diffuclt to form sentences. But.. fuck me I have never seen A BAND SO on fire as End Of Level Boss tonight.

I feel privileged to witness sucha phonomonaaaaa... Long may they reign!

but even if they for some idiot reason spliut up tommorow, it was worth driving 7 hours for. Makes you feel good to be alive. fuck theres boxing on at 4am, time to dive right the fuck onm back into that alcoholicaust!!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 06, 2005 20:44     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I feel privileged to witness sucha phonomonaaaaa... Long may they reign!

Makes you feel good to be alive.......

I got the Prologue album yesterday and I've been listening to it several times.
Now "End Of Level Boss" have to do at least one gig in sweden (come up to the north of this country guys)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2005 18:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

H himself, pulling one of the Rock Shapes from his seemingly infinate repertoire.

Jimm, giving his Les Paul the night off.

Nell - the Goddess of Riffs!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 08, 2005 01:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great photos... I can almost feel the groove coming outta my screen.

--------------------

yawn

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted August 08, 2005 01:44     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great camera too
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 08, 2005 06:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooooo! Photomographs! Cheers for attending Mr Helichopper, Miss Villain and those who accompanied you. My head is still pretty fuzzed out, but I think I had a good time! We'll have to do it again soon.

Although juding by that first photo, we'll have to find a drummer who plays with clothes on....

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 08, 2005 10:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 08, 2005 10:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is Nell 12 feet tall???? Jeezzzz...thats what you call a monster bass player!!
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted August 08, 2005 10:54     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the pics, Helliplopter! That was very very cool of you to make it into Lahndon for the night!
HV, cheers for coming down too - let me know how the shirt manufacturing's going and maybe we can meet up for a pint sometime and make a trade...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 09, 2005 13:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just drink a shitload of Guinness, put your stereo in a steel dustbin and play the album fucking loud. They were that tight!

Oh, and look at the photos on the CD when you're standing on your head. They kind of move about on stage in a strange manner. Like rocking crabs.

--------------------

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted August 10, 2005 07:16     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next gig will be much more fun when i get to play with my new stack of pedals!! THANK YOU EMLYN!!
I owe you many beers next time we see you...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan