my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Pink Floyd to reform for London Live 8 concert

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pink Floyd to reform for London Live 8 concert
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 12, 2005 13:01       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050612/en_nm/leisure_pinkfloyd_dc
IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 12, 2005 13:05     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! I would go if Pink Floyd are playing.
I missed their last gig.
Not sure how you get tickets, think it is like a lottery thing where you have to text in or something?

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 13, 2005 10:54     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing. Gilmour and Waters had such a falling out about Pink Floyd I wondered if they could ever be seen in the same town as each other. Downer - They'll probably on get to play 1 or 2 songs

But I would dearly like to see more than just a one off reunion. Floyd has never been the same since Waters left.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 13, 2005 12:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's amazing how these guys could never put their past differences aside and make some good music again. Pink Floyd HASN'T been the same since Waters departed and Roger never captured the magic he had in Floyd since leaving, although I will say that his solo live cd/dvd IN THE FLESH is the best Pink Floyd live official recording out there.

I see Waters is releasing his opera of the French Revolution in September.

Give me another REAL PF album with all the guys, all the insanity, all the friction, the tension, that made Pink Floyd a killer, and unique band. They basically became adult contemporay after Waters departed following THE FINAL CUT (which along with Animals, is my fav PF).

--------------------

yawn

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 13, 2005 15:15     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like WOW, dude!

I wonder which songs they are going to play. My dream setlist would be:
-One Of These Days
-Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
-Astronomy Domine
-Shine On You Crazy Diamond
-Cirrus Minor
-Echoes

Though this is only hoping for a miracle. Probably it will be brief, watered-down versions of their biggest hits.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 16, 2005 15:50     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think the world will end without these geriatric reunions. Of course they won't embarass themselves onstage, far from it, but come on, let's be realistic: will they ever record something relevant together again? Will they ever record another "Dark Side Of The Moon" or "The Wall", I mean, something in THAT level? Or else, will they ruin their immense legacy, just like the Stones did?

I surely hope this is only a one-off reunion, like a "grand finale". I would surely go if I could, but I sincerely hope they're wise enough to put an end to Pink Floyd on such a high note.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 16, 2005 20:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would certainly love to see the band reform and write new material. Just because they're old you don't think they have what it takes to write good music again!!!????

Fuck look at FRIPP, the guy STILL creates mind blowing material and fucki shreds on the axe like he's a teenager, with a 50+ year guitar brain that write incrdeible music.

The last two songs Waters released are incredible and to add that to the musicianship of Gilmour, Wright, & Mason... I buy it in a heartbeat. Waters is a way better lyricist and has a better singing style that Gilmour, but DG has the PF sound that bleeds through his guitar... They were always a great combination even when Waters was controlling everything. THE FINAL CUT is almost all Waters, but without Dave, it would have sounded totally different.

The could be the start of something incredible, if they put their past differences behind and remember what great music they did, and can compose.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan