my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » last Voivod London gig (with Neurosis)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: last Voivod London gig (with Neurosis)
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2005 20:50     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know it was ages ago, but anyone who was at that gig, can they get in touch please? Especially if you may have spoken to any band members, or to that Steptoe-in-a-stupid-fucking-wig looking cunt from Akercocke (oh dear, I mean the one who got BOOTED OUT of Akercocke earlier this year, hahaha).
Sorry, I was starting to sound a bit like a copper appealing for witnesses there.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 12, 2005 08:05     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why?
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 12, 2005 11:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cos I've been getting abuse off people during, after & since that gig. Yes, it has been going on a long time, I've had enough now! I think I mentioned before, that I had someone try to start a fight with me for wearing a Voivod shirt. Stuff like that.
It would appear that a certain person over here has been doing a bit of shit-stirring anyway, but he's not exactly Mr Honest so no point speaking to him!

--------------------

String em up

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 12, 2005 16:21     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't see this abuse here, so why complain about it on some messageboard that has nothing to do with it and where no one can help you anyway?

Live in the now.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 12, 2005 17:54     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im hard pressed to think of many better concert matchups than Voivod/ Neurosis. that must have been a great show (w/o all the drama, that is).

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 13, 2005 05:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was that the gig at the Garage? I was there. Don't know anything other than it being rocking. They played after that though, in Finsbury Park. Then again with my memory I might have imagined it!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 13, 2005 11:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was all a Dream, H. lol.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 13, 2005 15:25     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great tour. Saw 'em in Tilburg. My only negative comment would be that Voivod only played for 40 minutes. Neurosis blew my mined. Today Is The Day opened, but I missed most of their set.

As I was working in night-shift at the time and we had to leave early I didn't catch any sleep that nite (or day, for that matter). Being fucked-up and very tired (and slightly drunk) made the whole experience even more intense.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 14, 2005 23:03     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why does this board have nothing to do with it? It was a Voivod gig. Some people who would have been there, would also check this site. Some fuck-up or misunderstanding has occurred by the looks of things, & I'd rather it was cleared up. I know it was ages ago, sorry about that. I'm not accusing anyone here of shitty behaviour.

It was at the Garage I think (the one before that was at the Powerhouse).
And it was a very good gig, apart from the abusive weirdos. Neurosis were great (as always) but I thought Voivod should have been headlining really.

I wouldn't have imagined anyone would have a problem with me bringing this up. Unless of course they are one of those people who likes to give pointless abuse to people they don't know!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 15, 2005 10:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I'm pleased to say I went to the Metal Hammer awards Monday, wearing a VV shirt & openly flaunting my tat, & no-one started on me. Maybe there are some London lurkers here after all, haahaa! Shame, I had my spiky kicking boots on specially.

I almost felt sorry for Ville Valo getting booed off the stage.. but not quite.

Got to see Anthrax & Nightwish for the first time, they were fucking great!!!
Lemmy got a Metal God award of some kind, which was damn cool also.

--------------------

String em up

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 15, 2005 17:27     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Why does this board have nothing to do with it? It was a Voivod gig. Some people who would have been there, would also check this site. Some fuck-up or misunderstanding has occurred by the looks of things, & I'd rather it was cleared up.

Not every voivodfan in the world (or the UK for that matter) posts here. You've brought up this 'incident' several times already. Apparently no one knows about it or no one cares. You went to a Voivod-gig and someone got pissed at you. Congratulations. Can we move on now?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 15, 2005 17:44     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why are you getting so wound up then, if you had nothing to do with it?
If it got to the stage where your personal safety was an issue, you'd be pretty pissed off about it. If someone was singling out your girlfriend, sister, etc, for abuse, you'd probably want an apology.

If you've no intention of being helpful, then fuck off.
If you don't like it, don't read it.
And if you're one of those blokes who picks fights with girls they don't know, then fuck off also.

Still, I guess it takes a good deal more bravery for guys to apologise, than it does to pick fights.

--------------------

String em up

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 15, 2005 20:00     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HV, I still think you're an alright lass! (of course only if you can still help me out with that CF shirt design! )

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 15, 2005 20:27     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
while i think its odd that HV thinks her former foil posts/ lurks here, i also find it hard to see how her thinking that could "e-hurt" anyone, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 16, 2005 13:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt, i have finally found myself copying those DVD's i meant to do much earlier.
Sorry for the long wait, should be not much longer. Copied Live in Paris '87 for yah....

Paul

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 16, 2005 15:15     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Why are you getting so wound up then, if you had nothing to do with it?

Yeah, I crossed the channel to pick a fight with someone I don't know.

Talk to the persons who did it if you want an apology.

Imagine that everyone would drag personal drama on this board...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 16, 2005 15:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
Imagine that everyone would drag personal drama on this board...

Why not, after all this is the Cosmic Drama portion of the board, isn't it???

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 17, 2005 21:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I know it's not anyone who posts here who's been hassling me! All the regulars here seem like very decent people. But it is people who appear to be fairly Voivod-obsessed, like us lot, so it's only reasonable to suppose that they would check here every now & again. There's plenty of people browsing forums who don't post on them.
I can understand people being protective towards their favourite bands, but I've had to put up with abusive & threatening behaviour from people who've been accusing me of some total bollocks. It has been going on for well, over 5 years now, so I hope you can understand me being pissed off.

Some of the things I've been accused of..

Trying to apparantly wind up Piggy - Fuck off, I would not do that.

Apparantly pissing the band off so much that certain members *cough* were saying that they wouldn't ever come back over here because of people like me -
???
As far as I can see, the band have no idea about this. Perhaps if this is true, they could come here & confirm it ?!? That would make some interesting reading for everyone I'm sure.
Maybe this would explain why they missed out on Europe for the last tour?

Other silly stuff also, including abuse from people about me being ill. Comments along the lines of that Piggy apparantly said he wouldn't touch me because he'd probably catch hepatitis. More stupid stuff like that. In the unlikely event of him even remembering who I was in the first place, I doubt he would have said something like that.
There's plenty I could go on & on about, I'm sure you'd rather I didn't. Seeing as it tends to be all related to this one band in particular, it's not that irrelevant.

People in London gossip a lot. It seems some of the extreme metal crowd don't have very interesting lives, which I find strange. It's not like there isn't anything to do here. It's not fucking Belgium! haha.

Maybe if the rest of the band members can confirm that they've absolutely no fucking idea what I'm talking about.?. It will get back to these stupid cunts no problem! & then hopefully I can get back to something resembling a "normal" social life & not have to worry about my safety when I go to gigs. That would be nice!

Blackcloud I will sort yer shirt out! I am being slack & lazy.

--------------------

String em up

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 18, 2005 06:40     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well, I guess you got your attention-fix for the following couple of days.
EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted June 18, 2005 09:47     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the gig.....
This story is news to me..
Sometimes rock n roll can be a vicious circle,believe me!
Good luck HV....
CHEERS et "RIDE ON"
ERIC

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 18, 2005 14:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Eric!

& I can think of better ways to get attention thanks Guidon. I've had more than enough already, although of the wrong variety. Believe me, I'd rather it stopped. Hopefuly these arseholes will get off my back a bit now.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan