my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod reviews

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod reviews
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted June 08, 2005 10:48     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metal-archives.com/

This guy 'Ultra Boris' is a riot.

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 08, 2005 16:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha, brilliant!

When "The Mummy" came out (anyone remember that? the cheesy action film in -98 or so?) I read a long review of it in a so-called serious film magazine, and the reviewer gave it 1/5 because it was "not scary, possibly the worst horror movie I've ever seen"...someone missed the point two miles wide...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted June 08, 2005 16:50     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, Ultra Boris is an expert on 'guitar tone' - so how could he ever be doubted!

I love the comparisons of DH to Britpop lol

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 08, 2005 17:01     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont like that douchebag, that stems back from my video trading days. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 08, 2005 18:50     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I dont like that douchebag, that stems back from my video trading days. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

I saw that one coming...haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 08, 2005 20:26     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny, he gave glowing reviews to W.A.S.P.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 09, 2005 21:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I did try to post a decent review of Phobos on there a while back. but it kept cutting me off & I gave up. I'm shit at writing reviews anyway.
The guy could do with a slap.

--------------------

String em up

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 09, 2005 23:49     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like that site, not bad.
But once again, hosted at a crappy ISP.
Worst of all it is here in Montreal, actually in Laval, so maybe that's why it sucks.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 10, 2005 00:41     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least he's got my band "Alchemy" on his list of bands...

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=23701

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 10, 2005 00:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:
At least he's got my band "Alchemy" on his list of bands...

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=23701

I love that Alchemy disk you sent me.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 10, 2005 01:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah the Alchemy cd is damn good!
I like the Metal Archives site, it is really thorough. Apparantly the guy who runs the site is pretty young, early 20's, but he probably has a more thorough knowledge of metal than all of us put together!
The Phobos review got my back up though.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 10, 2005 07:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN!!!
This guy's even got a section on APOLLO RA, my friends old band from way back when that were from Baltimore Maryland. Although they don't have any info on MUSEUM OF FEAR which Apollo Ra evolved into... this is an awesome site.

Gotta look for other local underground bands.

--------------------

yawn

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 10, 2005 09:32     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Yeah the Alchemy cd is damn good!
I like the Metal Archives site, it is really thorough. Apparantly the guy who runs the site is pretty young, early 20's, but he probably has a more thorough knowledge of metal than all of us put together!
The Phobos review got my back up though.

Not nessessarrilly true. Most of the site is all based on other user input. You can change the info for bands at any time.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 10, 2005 09:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, yes, I found a Metal Duck inaccuracy.. but on the whole it's pretty good, eh! I spoke to someone who's met him, apparantly he is pretty obsessive about metal - nothing wrong with that!
Anyone else tried putting reviews on there?

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan