my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Belew news

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belew news
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted June 06, 2005 12:36     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Early tour dates announced:

June 16 - Columbus, OH @ Promo West
June 17 - Buffalo, NY @ The Tralf
June 18 - Pittsburgh, PA @ The Rex Theatre
July 1 - Naperville, IL @ Rib Fest
July 15 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
July 16 - Chicago, IL @ Park West
July 17 - Cleveland, OH @ The House of Blues
July 20 - New York City @ BB King's
July 23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Penn's Landing Festival
July 30 - Nigata Japan @ Fuji Rocks Festival

In other Adrian news, look for Side Two to be released on July 12. On the King Crimson front, Adrian speaks to Robert Fripp at least once a week and has been given “the clear impression that for Crimson this is a time of gentle building toward the next generation of Crimson material …” At some point the band will be active again and include Tony Levin.

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 06, 2005 13:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Vince, thanx for the cd, it's great. I especially like The Suffer Ring. Not too good at writing reviews I'm afraid!! It's a damn good album to chill out to. Love the Nothingface-sounding guitars also. It's been getting a lot of listens round mine!
Cheers dude

--------------------

String em up

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted June 08, 2005 22:10     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only heard "Writing on the Wall" and I must say, this is some excellent shit. The rest of the Belew/Claypool/Carey recordings will all be on Side Three, from what I heard.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 08, 2005 22:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am SO looking forward to a new King Crimson album!!!! I love what Ade does on his own, but there is absolutely NOTHING that compares to what is created when King Crimson gets together... and with Levin make on bass, Mastelotto on drum and the GOD Fripp.... fuckin more talent than any band could ever dream of.

I always like that fact that KC NEVER relies on their past when creating new music... they always do something different and push the musical envelope til it rips to shreds.

I'll certainly be picking up SIDE TWO in July.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 09, 2005 09:35     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I always like that fact that KC NEVER relies on their past when creating new music... they always do something different and push the musical envelope til it rips to shreds.

And it was ripped to shreds, at least twice (1976 and 1984). But I heard that the Fripp put the Crim on hiatus again... What's up with that?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 09, 2005 10:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Crimson comes out ONLY when the beast is ready. Fripp won't just create music and slap the King Crimson name on just to sell records.... it has to be KING CRIMSON.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan