my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » So - SITH fans...?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So - SITH fans...?
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 01, 2005 19:57     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I mean SITH fans -

**** Star Wars Spoilers Ahead ****

Did we get an explanation of why the
Stormtroopers ( clones ) suddenly
turned on the Jedi just because Sidious
said so?

Were they in secret alliance the whole time,
even when they saved Obi Wan and co. in the
last movie (Ep. II) in their battle with Chris Lee ? (AKA Dracula)

Also, did we ever get an explanation of why
each character has three names -

Senator Pantaloons becomes Darth Sidious who
then becomes the Emperor ?

Just wondering.

|  IP: Logged
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 01, 2005 20:14     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't Sidious create them? I havn't watched the 2nd one, so I'm not sure.

--------------------

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 01, 2005 20:32     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No they were created by another alien race
neutral in the conflict by request of a
'mystery' Jedi.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 02, 2005 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I know is that it wasn't anywhere near as good as it should have been.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 02, 2005 08:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still feel sorry for the elephant.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 02, 2005 14:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See? Hex was paying attention.

H - I thought it was probably the best of the prequels. But still, I know what you mean. Sometime in the 20 years between the old movies and the new, Lucas got it into his head that he wasn't just a guy who could make cheap 'n cheerful fairy tales, but that he could write "serious, meaningful films".

He cannot.

But, hell, there were lots of flashing lights and loud noises, so I was satisfied.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 02, 2005 16:34     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought the best light saber fight in the film was between the Jedi and Lord Greivous.

He seemed more evil than Vader in this one.

Oki Wan Fanoki got beat by Darth Vader in
the original Star Wars, but only because
he let Vader win.

That really never got explained did it ?

Any takers?

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 02, 2005 17:23     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well for anyone who was wondering about
the script or dialogue in the film, I just
read a short interview with Lucas where he
admits "I am not a writer" and how frusterated he was writing even the early
ones.

Eventually he gave up and Lawrence Kasdan
wrote Empire and another one of the films.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 02, 2005 19:02     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:

But, hell, there were lots of flashing lights and loud noises, so I was satisfied.

same here!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 02, 2005 19:38     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Jidaigeki, a genre of films about Samurai

Err, sort of. "Jidaigeki" translates more literally as "period drama" - the period in question is just almost always the Edo period of the Tokugawa shogunate, and before. "Jidai" certainly means period, era or age, as the "Sengoku Jidai" in which many of Kurosawa's films are set translates (again, roughly) as "Age of the Country at War". That said, I don't think Lucas is up enough on his languages to do much more than name his pseudo-samurai knightly order after a related word he'd heard plenty - having funded Kagemusha, among others - and stuck in his head.

Still, those are interesting references to spot. It's funny watching all the films now, and seeing all the bits Lucas ripped straight out of old Samurai flicks and war movies. Like the bit with the Death Star in Ep. IV - Dambusters, anyone?

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 02, 2005 22:14       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm just glad it's over.
I have no plans to see this movie and i'll be glad when it's not talked about anymore.
Star Wars should have ended in the 80's.

IP: Logged
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 02, 2005 22:43     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well there is going to be a live-action
Star Wars TV show.

Perhaps that is why they said something about
Obi Wans further training w/ Qui Gon

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 02, 2005 23:42       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is there a Star Wars Hater site?
IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 03, 2005 02:22     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
is there a Star Wars Hater site?

count me in....

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 03, 2005 04:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted torment and darkness. All I got was flashing lights. One scene sums up the whole movie for me. The one where Samuel L Jackson gets wiped out. Step forward Skywalker:
"What have I done? Oh well.. I might as well be a sith lord." Bollocks.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 03, 2005 17:13     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Well viewers, it seems things aren't looking good for our hero, Sir Ben of Kenobi. But what of our villain, the Devious Snidely Grievous?"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan