my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New announcement from Voivod (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: New announcement from Voivod
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 28, 2005 08:05     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw this on .net today:

----------------------------
May 27 2005
We are finally done with the writing of the album.
The songs have a bit of an eerie vibe, with experimental vocals by Snake, spiralling solos by Piggy and heaviness courtesy of Jasonic !

All the 80's archives have been transfered to beta and sent to Eclectic DVD for our first DVD release.
I'd like to thank MusiquePlus, Ed Seaman, Jean-Francois Labrecque, Jeff Wagner and Ronald Mc Gregor for their contribution.

I'm still in the process of scanning hundreds of drawings for my book, to be released on Troubleman Unlimited.

All this work will result in a barrage of Voivodian material coming out in the next months.
Thanks again for your patience.

Away

p.s:
In the lattest issue of Metal Hammer UK : A 3 pages storie about the making of Dimension Hatross, by our long-time friend Malcolm Dome.
This album was crucial in the sense that Harris Johns, producer/sound experimentalist introduced me to the Akai S-9000 sampler and the Roland Octapad. Suddenly my range of spooky sounds was much wider. Some of these noises can be heard on Tribal Convictions and Brain Scan, among others. Piggy also told me that he learned from Harris some very inventive ways to use his own multi-effects processor, which also expanded his possibilities. Much credit goes to Harris Johns for the Industrial Metal revolution !

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 28, 2005 08:15     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One might wonder why this news was released on .net first, but what the fuck...

Can't wait for the DVD!!!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted May 28, 2005 08:25     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...spiralling solos by Piggy..."

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 28, 2005 10:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news.

His little "PS" is funny tho. It's CLEARLY a rebuttal to Blacky's letter to Metal Hammer.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted May 28, 2005 12:06     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally announced by Away, posted by Väinämöinen:
All this work will result in a barrage of Voivodian material coming out in the next months.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 28, 2005 12:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whoa, a "friend" wrote the metal hammer piece? there goes the journalistic integrity! that explains all the low blows i guess and the fact that the fiction writer, er, i mean journalist, didn't check with any other sources when he wrote up the piece.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 28, 2005 12:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At last there is some news. And good news imo!! I think somebody told the guys to let go some information because people on this site were talking not so good about them?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 28, 2005 13:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
paul, no one has to tell lurkers what's written about them.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 28, 2005 16:14     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news coming from the band.

Sorry I don't want to be a bitch and I know that the band has always been a little before it's time but Akai didn't produce an S9000, I guess he meant the S900. We did buy an Akai S1000 in 1989 which I still use today. It's a pretty nice machine.

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted May 28, 2005 16:20     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Good news coming from the band.

Sorry I don't want to be a bitch and I know that the band has always been a little before it's time but Akai didn't produce an S9000, I guess he meant the S900. We did buy an Akai S1000 in 1989 which I still use today. It's a pretty nice machine.

Can I have it, please?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 28, 2005 17:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
whoa, a "friend" wrote the metal hammer piece? there goes the journalistic integrity! that explains all the low blows i guess and the fact that the fiction writer, er, i mean journalist, didn't check with any other sources when he wrote up the piece.

"Happiness is an album without dishonesty"
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa

Happy happy joy joy...

Good news about the next album though, lets hope they prove all us hateful old whingers wrong ('cos it is us that are the hateful old whingers isn't it) & release a total masterpiece this time, eh. Can't wait to hear it.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 28, 2005 17:09     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
At last there is some news. And good news imo!! I think somebody told the guys to let go some information because people on this site were talking not so good about them?

Oi! Lurkers!
Be nice about other people, then they'll be nice about you.

--------------------

String em up

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted May 28, 2005 19:52     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally! Some bloody news.

Sounds promising too - as usual, i'll buy whatever they release anyway

Away didn't actually say WHEN they were going to record the album tho, did he?
But I'd assume it would be fairly soon.

Bring on the dvd too!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 28, 2005 23:10     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is very cool news! The book is something a lot of us have been dreaming about for years!

Blacky - it would cost too much to ship to Imran. Give it to me instead.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 29, 2005 03:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

We are finally done with the writing of the album.

Does this mean recording and all?
That means that they can subscribe to any European summer festival ?????

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 29, 2005 04:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Imran X:
Can I have it, please?

You can get an Akai 9000 (oop, sorry, an S-1000) for about the price of a family sized bag of toffee on E-bay now. It has the memory of a goldfish and programming it is like trying to paint your hallway from outside your front door via the letterbox.

Looks great in the dark, though.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 30, 2005 01:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new is on Blabbermouth now as well.

Go, post.

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted May 30, 2005 03:02     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:
"VOIVOD drummer Away (a.k.a. Michel Langevin) has posted the following message on the group's official web site"

Eh? I didn't know voivod.net was the official website? I guess the .com lease expired.

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 30, 2005 03:10       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah could be.The Iron Gang site has been down for some time now.Course they werent posting any news there so it was pretty pointless to have it.
This site is the best for new & old Voivod news.I went to the .net site several years back and then i checked out this one.By far this one has way more posts & knowlegdeable Voivodians.You just cant top this site for pure Voivod info.

IP: Logged
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted May 30, 2005 05:16     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Oi! Lurkers!
Be nice about other people, then they'll be nice about you.

Nice? Like what? Not telling what you really think?.....nahhh

Anyway excelent news a new album, a dvd and Away's book!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 30, 2005 09:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yessssss. Expeirmentation! Weirdness! Cool news!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 30, 2005 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
yeah could be.The Iron Gang site has been down for some time now.

it doesn't seem that they took it down, it just looks like there's a php error that no one has bothered to fix. i guess the webmaster never checks that bb?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 30, 2005 18:02     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i thought about mentioning the .com message board being down...but then i realized the only people here who would care would be Luna, Hatross, Head Villain and myself, haha.

and KVLT! (if hes lurking here, too, haha)

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 31, 2005 09:24     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"40% Less Drama Than The Leading Brand!"
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 31, 2005 17:14     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the hell happened to God.com
and Yuri ?

Now it says something like copyright Noisecore or something -

What up ?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan