my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Cynic Interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cynic Interview
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 13, 2005 09:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the best interviews I've ever read..just happens to be about one of my heros in music:
http://www.emptywords.org/MirgilusSiculorum04-2005.htm

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 13, 2005 13:08     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link Lee. Great stuff.
Are you two twins? Exactly the same taste in music. Don't know about Georgie Jones though

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 13, 2005 14:20     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice interview, cheers. Emptywords.org remains a really good site for everything and everything involving the peculiar group of musicians who were associated with Death, turning up nice stuff like this occasionally.

I still need to get that blasted Focus reissue.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 14, 2005 00:19     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great interview, Mez. Thanks for posting. I just recieved the reissue the other day. Killer stuff, though I wish they would have just remastered the whole album.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 14, 2005 07:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On that note, has anyone heard Aeon Spoke? I suppose it's just a natural progression, but it's really chilled out and mellow. Don't know if I'd buy it, but it was interesting to hear what they're up to these days.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 15, 2005 07:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
On that note, has anyone heard Aeon Spoke? I suppose it's just a natural progression, but it's really chilled out and mellow. Don't know if I'd buy it, but it was interesting to hear what they're up to these days.

I remember distinctly not liking them...I think mainly because of the huge difference between Aeon and Cynic. But I need to look at them again....Natural progression yes..and also how could he top the work on 'Focus'? Its like well, I've just created a masterpiece in this genre, time to move on to something else.
http://www.aeonspoke.com/

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan