my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Venom: Live In London

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Venom: Live In London
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted May 10, 2005 22:56     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked this DVD up from Netflix. It's a show from '85 at Hammersmith. It was a professionally filmed and has great audio. The setlist includes most of the classics. By the end of the show Cronos' neck is bleeding from headbanging with his studded collar on.
 |  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 10, 2005 22:59     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, that's the "2nd Hammersmith" as we call it. It's not bad but it's pretty tame compared to the 1984 Hammersmith video, which as far as I know hasnt been re-released on DVD yet. Bah!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 10, 2005 23:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, if anybody wants a great source for metal dvds check out netflix. They've got a really decent selection. Saw Emperor's fantastic 'live ceremony' courtesy of them as well as many others. Got Vader coming at the end of the week.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted May 11, 2005 00:59     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
By the end of the show Cronos' neck is bleeding from headbanging with his studded collar on.

Now thats metal.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 11, 2005 04:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Yah, that's the "2nd Hammersmith" as we call it. It's not bad but it's pretty tame compared to the 1984 Hammersmith video, which as far as I know hasnt been re-released on DVD yet. Bah!

Both shows are awsome. But the first one is way better IMO. Lots of fire and guitar wrecking. The end of Countess Bathory, my god what a nice piece of fucking mayhem.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan