my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Original METAL CHURCH Singer DAVID WAYNE Dies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Original METAL CHURCH Singer DAVID WAYNE Dies
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 10, 2005 21:33       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Original METAL CHURCH frontman David Wayne has passed away. According to the webmaster of the David Wayne's Metal Church web site, "we are unclear as to actually what happened. We are putting together an official press release and will post that out as soon as we get it done."

Wayne sang on METAL CHURCH's first two classic offerings (1984's "Metal Church" and 1986's "The Dark") before leaving the group and being replaced by Mike Howe. Wayne subsequently teamed up with members of HERETIC members to form REVEREND, with whom he released two full-length albums and a couple of EPs. He eventually rejoined METAL CHURCH in time for the 1999 reunion album, "Masterpeace". A "solo" album (under the WAYNE banner), entitled "Metal Church" followed in 2001.

IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 10, 2005 21:55     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, just read this on another website..still pretty vague, tho.

RIP...Rev.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted May 10, 2005 22:36     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He was a great vocalist. That first Metal Church album is a classic and highly underrated.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 10, 2005 23:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aw fuck

The first MC album has always been a huge favorite of mine.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 10, 2005 23:14     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, sad news. He was one of the few vocalists of that 'type' that I really dug. MC was never quite the same without him. I agree that the first (two) discs are classics. (that Wayne-era double-live recording is balls-out fucking awesome, too)

R.I.P. dude.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted May 10, 2005 23:59       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
follow up story:
DAVID WAYNE Died Due To Injuries Sustained In Head-On Automobile Accident - May 10, 2005

The following press release has been posted at the David Wayne's Metal Church web site:

"On behalf of David Wayne's Metal Church, we would like to express our deepest sorrow in the passing of our metal brother, David Wayne. This is not only a loss for us as a band and his family, but also millions of metalheads throughout the world. David died due to complications from injuries he sustained in a head-on automobile accident several months ago.

"David Wayne was the patented scratchy vocals of several METAL CHURCH albums and was in the process of returning to the metal scene with his new band lineup. His goal was to return to the sounds of METAL CHURCH's albums released in 1984 and 1986. We will always remember the burning words and vocals in 'Gods of Wrath', 'Watch the Children Pray', and 'Start the Fire'. David and his current band had just completed several new songs and were ready to head to the recording studio after their European tour dates this summer.

"Along with David's family and friends, we would ask that cards, letters, and flowers be sent to the below address. Additionally, donations are being accepted to help David's family with funeral expenses.

David Wayne's Memorial Fund
C/O Verna Schielling
1217 North 57th Court
Ridgefield, WA 98642

IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 11, 2005 00:15     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's really shitty. Rest in peace, dude.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 11, 2005 07:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck. That's all I can say right now.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 11, 2005 07:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that fuckin sucks

Wayne was a great vocalist, and i still enjoy metal church, reverend, and the wayne albums. horrible, just horrible.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 11, 2005 10:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a terrible loss, but at least we have the Metal Church albums to remember him.

RIP, David Wayne.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 11, 2005 10:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a bit of a tribute, I decided to go ahead and post the rare "Live" album featuring David on vocals. I think it came out in the late '90's on some tiny label but it's taken from a gig from 1986, so there's nothing but songs from the first two (better!) albums. It's rough and raw and the songs are faster.... I fucking LOVE IT! I hope y'all will, too.

Metal_Church_-_Live-1986.zip

1. Tons of Bricks
2. Hitman
3. Start the Fire
4. Gods of Wrath
5. The Dark
6. Psycho
7. We Watch The Childen Pray
8. Beyond the Black
9. Metal Church
10. Highway Star

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 11, 2005 20:24     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for that, Skul. ill check it out in the car tomrorow....

those first two MC albums have always been classics of metal.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 12, 2005 07:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
paid tribute to the man yesterday by jamming out at work to:
metal church
the dark
masterpiece
reverend
reverend - world wont miss you
reverend - play god
wayne - metal church

today i'll wrap it up with the Live Metal Church cd (i have this on the steanhammer lable)

great singer

--------------------

yawn

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 12, 2005 14:43     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can remember my friends and I smoking a stogie and putting on Beyond The Black
for the first time and we were all floored.

Thanx for the live download

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 12, 2005 16:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad news indeed. That 1st Metal Church album is one of the best of the era IMO. Infectious!

Thanks for the live album Skul, very cool man!

Funny, this didn't even blip on the local news here in Seattle.

RIP David Wayne.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 14, 2005 12:42     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn

Loved metal church's early stuff, the dark is a classic album.

I heard metal church for the first time on the friday rock show hosted by the late Tommy Vance. It was a 2 hour live special with Crimson Glory, Metal Church and Anthrax headlining. I have to say it was probably the best two hours I've ever heard on radio, metal church were awesome live.

Yet another one bites the dust

Downolading the live file...that's gonna be special.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 22, 2005 09:04     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only have The Dark and Blessing on cassette, I liked The Dark better...

RIP David Wayne

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan