my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metal Moments

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metal Moments
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted May 10, 2005 02:12     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In what situations you heard Metal, you won't forget, 'cause it was funny?

I remember two in the moment.

The one was yesterday and the reason for that topic: I heard over my mp3 player the new Napalm Death track with Jello Biafra really loud while riding a bike in the gym (first time since months - had to be). Right infront of me a group of 30 younger and older women made aerobic in time. Unbelievable view with that music!

The second Metal moment I remember, was for years: I listend to a mixed Metal tape in car. Really loud, windows open. I had two wait on an intersection. First I was alone, then a car with four young turks playing Hip Hop drove beside me. So we both played our music loud. The funny part was, that on the mixed tape a song had started, which couldn't express my Metal coulness. It was a song, which I only had recorded on the tape, because he's so dumb: "Herz aus Stahl" by Manowar.

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 10, 2005 03:36     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fun thread!

I had just bought Destruction's "Antichrist", and I started listening to it at a reasonably loud volume at home. About two minutes later my daughters, 2 and 6 years old, ran into my room and started their own moshpit, running in circles and laughing like crazy all the time...man was I proud

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 10, 2005 05:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My 4 year old son recognises some metal bands. For instance when played Voivod, Opeth or Meshuggah. He definitely knows them!! He goes:"papa, is this Voivod"
I go: " yes son, this is Voivod, listen to it carefully. You won't hear it a lot on radio and tv. Therefor not mainstream".
That is what i would like him to be. Not mainstream.

My other son most favorite t-shirt is an Iron Maiden shirt. He wears it all the time even in class.

Those are metal moments of the last times.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 10, 2005 08:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, my two years old son digs Ween (the Blarney Stone, crude words and all) and Zappa (he loves RDNZL, he says it's clown music!) That's my (non-mainstream) boy!

I was once sitting in my car waiting for my wife, and browsing radio stations, when I caught Twisted Sisters "I Wanna Rock". Of course I started singing "ROCK! ROCK!" and my son, who was sitting in the back, thought it was the funniest thing in the world. After that, he kept screaming "ROCK!" (pronounced "wock!"), and whenever he hears music with guitar, he just goes Wock!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted May 10, 2005 09:04     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
My 4 year old son recognises some metal bands. For instance when played Voivod, Opeth or Meshuggah. He definitely knows them!! He goes:"papa, is this Voivod"
I go: " yes son, this is Voivod, listen to it carefully. You won't hear it a lot on radio and tv. Therefor not mainstream".
That is what i would like him to be. Not mainstream.

My other son most favorite t-shirt is an Iron Maiden shirt. He wears it all the time even in class.

Those are metal moments of the last times.

That's beautiful, paul!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 12, 2005 15:33     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My wife picked up the "Kermit Unpigged" CD a few years ago. My kids' favorite song on that CD? Ozzy, duetting "Born to be Wild" with Miss Piggy.

Miss Piggy: Hmm, I wonder where the rehearsal is...

<door opens...>

Ozzy: Ah, Miss Piggy! So good to see you!

Miss Piggy: Ozzy Osbourne? Boy, did I open the wrong door...

Ozzy: Come on in, let's RAWWWWWWWWWK!

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan