my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Code is Red...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Code is Red...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 29, 2005 14:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Long Live the Code!

Go get this fucker, it's excellent. Fantabulous. In some ways, they're closer to the FETO sound than they've been in donkey's years, but very much influenced by their later, more groovy and "weird" stuff. Really refreshing, punchy, brutal blasts with some nicely off-kilter bits.

Jeff and Jello are ace. Jasta adds nothing.

Top tracks so far are "The Silence is Deafening" and "Striding Purposefully Backwards".

Yeah. Get this.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 29, 2005 17:39     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seconded. Definetely. Go now.

GO!!!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 29, 2005 17:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i think i'll pick this one up this weekend.
i went to century media's web site and listened to some of this album and it is pretty good.

IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted April 29, 2005 19:03     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
i think i'll pick this one up this weekend.

you need this album!

Barney is fuckin amazing, he's better than ever!
Top tracks: hard to say, though "Loser" stands out (...that riff!!!); and "Morale", I like that tune..
(NB: "Loser" is listed as a bonus track)

only bad point: the cover artwork is horrible! (at least in that digipack version)
That logo really sucks. If they wanted something simple like that, they should have used the classic logo...
the 'real' cover on the booklet is much better

digipack
normal

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 29, 2005 22:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A belligerent, rampaging masterpiece of anti-canorous cataclysmic virulence.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

unregistered

posted April 29, 2005 23:31       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anybody know what the bonus track is on the Japan import copy?
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 30, 2005 02:02     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, the cover sucks (and that the song titels don't have numbers) but the album rulez!

How I love simple riffs like in "All Hail The Grey Dawn", can hear that for hours. The second half of the Biafra track is killer.

Anyone have seen the video, what program do I need to see it?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2005 03:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great album...I'm going to be buying this one soon.

Also would love to see this video. Does anybod know the video they made YEARS ago that had a cathedral in one of the shots. Would love to see that one again.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2005 03:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The video works in Real Player (yes, I still have the piece of shit), probably some other formats too. It's ace, really fucking trippy.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 30, 2005 06:37     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome album indeed...
unregistered

posted April 30, 2005 14:17       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just picked it up and the new C.O.C.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 30, 2005 15:49     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Great album...I'm going to be buying this one soon.

Also would love to see this video. Does anybod know the video they made YEARS ago that had a cathedral in one of the shots. Would love to see that one again.

That was "Suffer The Children".
I must still have it around somewhere...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2005 15:54     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's on the better of their two DVDs (the Earache one, "Napalm Death - the DVD"), as are the videos for most of their other Earache songs.

The cathedral is Salisbury cathedral, 'cos they played one of the gigs on the DVD in, um, Salisbury.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 30, 2005 16:02     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, It's Suffer the children. i have it here. The one with a mix of interview and music right?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2005 19:18     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 30, 2005 19:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
It's on the better of their two DVDs (the Earache one, "Napalm Death - the DVD"), as are the videos for most of their other Earache songs.

The cathedral is Salisbury cathedral, 'cos they played one of the gigs on the DVD in, um, Salisbury.

Ahhh cool! That dvd has been on my 'to buy' list for quite some time. Time to pick that one up.

Anyone notice that Jeff is recorded low in the mix....why? Thought that kind of sucks.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 30, 2005 21:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil:
anybody know what the bonus track is on the Japan import copy?

It's a track called "Losers". Don't know if it's a cover or not, but it fits the album perfectly, wonder why it wasn't released for the rest of the world.

I got it when I got the entire album from Soulseek, a couple of months ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Anyone notice that Jeff is recorded low in the mix....why? Thought that kind of sucks.

Probably because there's sooo much distortion on his voice. I didn't like that as well, Jeff's voice is amazing.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 01, 2005 01:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I'm a HUGE dew fan...but "Code Red" sucks!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 01, 2005 06:38     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It's a track called "Losers". Don't know if it's a cover or not, but it fits the album perfectly, wonder why it wasn't released for the rest of the world.

It's on the UK digipack version, too. In between Pledge Yourself to You and Striding Purposefully Backwards. It's got a nice Harmony Corruption feel.

I honestly can't find anything I don't like about this album. Maybe it's a bit long, and maybe you can feel Jesse's absence, but it's classy, classy stuff. They really can do no wrong at the moment.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan