my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » don't sell KISS merchandise

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: don't sell KISS merchandise
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 27, 2005 18:18     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For Immediate Release:KISS Obtain an Injunction
Last August, the attorneys for KISS obtained an injunction against the sale of counterfeit KISS merchandise and seized bootleg videos of KISS concerts that were being offered for sale at a KISS Expo in North Carolina. Our attorneys (Ray Scott and William Randolph), following up on that seizure, obtained last week a permanent injunction against defendant Roy Damm and damages awarded to Kiss Catalog of $7,000,000, plus attorneys fees.

We hope that this judgment sends a clear message that KISS will not tolerate being ripped off by counterfeiters and bootleggers. This is also a rip-off of KISS fans who have a right to expect that when they spend their hard earned money for KISS merchandise and videos, they are getting high quality, authorized KISS products. When you purchase bootleg videos, including bootleg DVD’s marketed under the KISSVISION label, we ALL lose. This is our $7,000,000 warning to those who are selling counterfeit and bootleg KISS goods, that they risk the same fate as Roy Damm. We have directed the KISS attorneys to continue protecting KISS’ rights as aggressively as allowed. No slaps on the wrist. We will find you and we will take you out.

|  IP: Logged
Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted April 27, 2005 21:58     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dont sell anything because KI$$ needs all the money they can get.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 29, 2005 09:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, i have way over $7.000.000 worth of KISS merchandise in my house. It is my Creatures of the night lp with autographs on it. (Eric Carr and Ace Frehley).

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 29, 2005 14:06     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't get Kiss. Maybe it's because I'm not ten years older and American?

Without my KI$$ (R) Starchild (TM) rose-tinted sunglasses on it all looks very, very fucking shite indeed.

But I acknowledge the slight possibility that I could be wrong. I mean, I was wrong about Motley Crue.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 09, 2005 22:32     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really is a shame. There was a time when they truly were "The Hottest Band In The World". As of late, it seems at least Gene is hell-bent on tarnishing the band's legacy in pursuit of more cash.

These sorts of lawsuits however, are usually championed by the record label, who would lost the most to bootlegging.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 10, 2005 07:28     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn - I was the same until I saw them live. I used to think of Kiss as utter shite like 'god gave rock n roll to you' and 'crazy crazy nights'. Now I think of 'love her all I can' & 'deuce'. Hearing the classic stuff helps you to laugh with them rather than at them!!

Buy double platinum... then again looking at this thread maybe you should steal it!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan