my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Masters of Metal: Vol.2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masters of Metal: Vol.2
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted April 24, 2005 21:10     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone recall, or does anyone own a cassette/lp called Masters of Metal Vol.2?

I'm asking mostly for nostalgic reasons. This was the first ever album I bought with my very own hard earned cash, when I was about 12 or 13.
So it's early 80's, and I think it was a K-Tel compilation - but I can't find it anywhere on the net.

I know for certain it had Krokus - American Woman and Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon.
It also had tracks by Judas Priest, AC/DC and others.

Anyway, I'm just trying to track down the songlisting on it if anyone can help?

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 25, 2005 00:40     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try these and see if its what you're looking for.
http://www.ktelclassics.com/mastersofmetal2.html
http://www.ktelclassics.com/mastersofmetal.html

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted April 25, 2005 03:11     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Greg,, I did stumble upon those links, but they weren't the album I had.
I think perhaps the version I bought was released only in Australasia.. not sure

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 25, 2005 07:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never had that one!
Anyone remember the Speed Kills tapes? They came out around the same time. Those were responsible for getting me into most of the bands I still listen to now, at quite an early age. hey if it wasn't for those I'd still be listening to Bon Jovi haha

--------------------

String em up

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted April 25, 2005 07:15     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Never had that one!
Anyone remember the Speed Kills tapes? They came out around the same time. Those were responsible for getting me into most of the bands I still listen to now, at quite an early age. hey if it wasn't for those I'd still be listening to Bon Jovi haha

I still have my Speed Kills tape. Good stuff!

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 25, 2005 08:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
Try these and see if its what you're looking for.
http://www.ktelclassics.com/mastersofmetal2.html
http://www.ktelclassics.com/mastersofmetal.html

Oh. My. God.
Sifting thru that website is both hilarious and embarrassing at the same time... saw a bunch of albums I remember we had at home when i was a kid...but then i saw a couple that i still own. haha.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 25, 2005 11:02     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got Speed Kills on vinyl. Good stuff. Got Metal For Breakfast on vinyl too. That one's cool too, it's got Lee Aaron, Saxon, Anvil and even Blotto's classic track "Metalhead"!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 25, 2005 11:12     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had "Metal For Lunch", that was like part 2 of that. I dont remember what was on it, tho.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 25, 2005 12:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haven't got either of those.
Had lsd for breakfast a couple of times though

So.. most embarassing old metal albums?
Vinnie Vincent Invasion, anyone?
Watchtower?
Shy?
*snigger*

--------------------

String em up

Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted April 26, 2005 00:28     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have Metal For Breakfast AND Metal For Lunch on tape!

MFL had Lee Aaron,Quiet Riot,Razor,Aerosmith,Ted Nugent,Rush,Priest and some others that I can't recall.

My friend ahd both Masters Of Metal vol.1 and 2.Same cover,one had a blue tint,the other a red tint.

Anybody remember the White Hot record from PolyTel in 1985?It had Scorpions-Rock You like a Hurricane,Kiss-Heaven's On Fire,Slade-Runaway,Y&T-Don't Stop Running,Bon Jovi-In and Out of Love,Lee Aaron-Metal Queen among others.

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 26, 2005 01:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
born to Metalize

doomsday news 2

bullets

heavy metal thunder

from the megavault

best of metal blade vol 3

metal massacre 5-6

metal maniaxe

roksnax

u.s. metal

welcome to venice

all the metal comps i still have on vinyl. i had a lot more but sold many of them years ago when we were strapped for $$$

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 26, 2005 08:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
So.. most embarassing old metal albums?
Vinnie Vincent Invasion, anyone?
Watchtower?
Shy?
*snigger*

What is this blasphemy!!!!??!!!
Watchtower? Embarrassing? How... dare... you!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 27, 2005 14:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ppthhhhahahaaaaa ahahaha haha!
Not as embarassing as Blind Illusion. or Crowforce. or Bon Jovi for that matter.

got some of the Doomsday News videos still knocking about somewhere.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 27, 2005 18:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now she's slamming BLIND ILLUSION ! ! !
Claypool's first band. I still listen to that cd once in a while.

Living Death's first album... now that's stupid. Anyone still listening to Grim Reaper? "see you in hell, my friend"

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 27, 2005 19:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah i'm such a cunt

--------------------

String em up

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 27, 2005 23:55     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

Anyone still listening to Grim Reaper? "see you in hell, my friend"

Fuck yeah!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan