my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » about voivod(various) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: about voivod(various)
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 13, 2005 17:32     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey guys, i'm an italian guy who recently has dicovered the voivod universe and...what can i say about it?it's acting on me like a drug or something,i pass my days thinking about them,the cd's they made ecc.
So far i have bought 4 of their albums:killing technology,nothingface,negatron and voivod.
As i was scanning the net in search of anything that talked about this band i found your website(great job!) and if u guys are kind enough to respond to my questions i'll be grateful to you all.
so....let's start!
First of all i'd like to know about the forrest era,personally i love negatron and as i read the biography i couldn't understand the causes that led him to leave the band (i know about the accident he had).
Then, i'd like to know if the band still plays the songs from negatron and phobos...i'm asking because if in some remote future i'll be able to see the band live i'd love to hear songs from these 2 records.
Secondly, i'd like to have some opinions from u guys about the albums i haven't got yet(the first 2s,dim hatr,tol,angel rat and phobos):how are they?are war and pain and roarr similar to kt?
Why did blacky and snake leave the band?
That's all for now....

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 13, 2005 17:59     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard, biareus! Be sure to check out the download section elsewhere on this site for videos/live stuff/studio demos/rare shit.

E-Force and Mr.Blacky both post on here regularly - as to why they left, uh... I think one was pushed and the other jumped the pirate ship. Personally I think Voivod is much the worse in both cases.

However, Eric currently has his own awesome band on the go that you'd love if you already like the VV albums he sang/played bass on.

Dimmension Hatross is an album you NEED TO GET in order to really get your head into Voivod - although you've certainly got the other two excellent records in Nothingface and Killing Technology.

Anyway - we all love questions about our favourite band so hit us with your hardest, mo' fo'!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 13, 2005 18:46     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard, biareus!! Good to know that there are more of us out there that will eventually find this great forum.

I agree with Emlyn - Dimension Hatross is a must!! The Outer Limits is a great record. Be careful with Angel Rat though - you might be surprised........pleasantly surprised, I hope!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2005 18:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Italian?

Are you a young, long-haird, metal-loving and pot-bellied dude?

Sorry, I kid. I believe Eric's band E-Force were playing some tunes off of Negatron. Not sure about Phobos.

Welcome home, kid. Welcome home.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 13, 2005 19:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here here. Phobos & Dimension Hatross the best ones I think.

--------------------

String em up

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted April 13, 2005 19:15     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
every album with SNAKE is a must IMO. Negatron is a very good album as im sure you know, but nothiing compares to the albums with Snake! NOTHING!
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 05:12     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow dudes,thanx for the welcoming replies!!!
I'll buy DH and Phobos as soon i get to see them in some music shop.
@luna:I am indeed a young,long haired guy:P
But what about the lives?do they still play songs from negatron or phobos?
Talking about the booklets I found inside negatron and KT....well did I get some crappy edition or is normal that in neg. there are no lyrics but just 3 graphix,while in KT there are lyrics,but just for some songs?
thanx again!

--------------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 14, 2005 05:35     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First: Welcome to the board!
Second: They don't play 'Negatron'/'Phobos' songs anymore. Eric, however, plays some 'Negatron' songs live with his new band E-Force.
Third: You have the same versions of 'KT' and 'Negatron' as me and probably the most people here. The cd version of 'Nothingface' is even worse as it has only some ads inside the booklet.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 14, 2005 06:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You really need to get all 13 albums from Voivod as well as all the live stuff you can get,which alot of it is on this board.Also the Union Made stuff that Snake did when he left Voivod and the E-Force stuff Eric has released. http://www.recordfinder.com/eforce/index2.html
IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 14, 2005 07:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard!

I am Amerikan who recently moved over here to Croatia.
Just across the pond from you, so to speak. lol.

I absolutely agree with what Hex said above.
Phobos is a must have CD.
Eric on Vocals and Bass.

Eric now lives in France.
His band, E-Force, have put out some of the best Metal in existence.
Be sure to look them up and get the CD's.
Brutal to the bone.

Blacky lives in Montreal.
He stays busy with his Internet Hosting Company, and other projects.

Both Blacky and Eric are some of the nicest people you could meet.

Let us know if you are having problems finding Angel Rat.
Its the last album Blacky was on and kinda rare.
MCA bastards wont re-issue it.

Cheers!
Raises a glass of Croatian Zlatorog Pivo.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 14, 2005 07:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
E-Force and Mr.Blacky both post on here regularly - as to why they left, uh... I think one was pushed and the other jumped the pirate ship.

hahaaaa.... the pirate ship..... hahahaaaa...

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 08:08     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tnx again for the informations....i'm quite relieved about the booklets...i was afraid that i bought some weird versions.
i'll check out e-force as soon as i can.
too bad for negatron and phobos songs not being played anymore....well that's at least what most bands do when there is some kind of reunion....throw away the stuff released with the other guy(s).

--------------------

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 14, 2005 08:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
KT: you must be referring to the lyrics to Too Scared to Scream and Cockroaches not being printed (it's a wild guess i'm taking cuz i never even seen the booklet. hehe) It's because these two songs werent on the original LP. They were added for the cd version.

Negatron: the lyrics were only on the first pressing of the US version in a CDROM Multimedia portion. They were never in the booklet.

Also, welcome aboard.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2005 09:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:

@luna:I am indeed a young,long haired guy:P

schweeet!

--------------------

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted April 14, 2005 09:52     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Biareus, I'm one of the other few Italians here, welcome to the best Voivod fan website!
May I ask how old are you and how did you get into Voivod?

P.S. Check out all the discography

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 14, 2005 11:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard!

Dimension Hatross and Phobos are essentials, especially DH, but Phobos is a sort of comeback to the DH sytle/concept.

Also, you have to know that Eric and Blacky aren't the only celebrities that post on Voivodfan.com.

Tom Araya from Slayer posts regularly (under the name Slaytanic), warcorpse is actually Cronos from Venom, and slugbutt is actually Robert Trujillo (from Suicidal Tendencies, but I heard he's in a new band now). And Richard Marx (you know the singer-songwriter) is also a frequent poster (he's a big fan of Voivod).

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2005 11:38     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Also, you have to know that Eric and Blacky aren't the only celebrities that post on Voivodfan.com.

Tom Araya from Slayer posts regularly (under the name Slaytanic), warcorpse is actually Cronos from Venom, and slugbutt is actually Robert Trujillo (from Suicidal Tendencies, but I heard he's in a new band now). And Richard Marx (you know the singer-songwriter) is also a frequent poster (he's a big fan of Voivod).

--------------------

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 12:55     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Welcome aboard!

Dimension Hatross and Phobos are essentials, especially DH, but Phobos is a sort of comeback to the DH sytle/concept.

wow!!!!!i'd never say that there are so many voivod maniacs among the metal world...awesome!!!
So this community was founded by cronos?

@helldriver:I'm 19,originally from venice,but now i moved to milan for college...
I heard the name voivod sometimes a couple of years ago, but(don't ask me why) i have always thought of them as a black metal group.
Finally last spring i got some songs from the net from the last cd and i loved it, then a friend of mine lent me nothingface,and more recently (a month or smthing)i found the cds and started getting deeper into the voivod philosophy....i must say that is acting on me like a drug right now...can't stop listening to them.

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 14, 2005 13:09     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One advice biareus: Never ever trust Maldorröaorrarööarar.
He's the kind of person that gives his 1-2 year old child beer, i even have pictures of it:

Welcome to the funny farm

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 13:24     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol.....i'm an idiot....
from now on my motto will be: "never trust strangers":P

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 14, 2005 16:09     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy sometimes posts pictures of his knob on here, to please the ladieeez-

--------------------

String em up

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 17:05     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can you guys tell me which moniker names have eric,blacky,piggy or anyone from vv?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 14, 2005 19:32     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy is Luna
Jason is Head Villain
Away is Syl Disjonk

--------------------

String em up

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 15, 2005 04:03     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Piggy is Luna
Jason is Head Villain
Away is Syl Disjonk

should i believe you....jason?

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted April 15, 2005 06:03     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DIMENSION HATROSS!!!

One of my all time favorite albums of any band ever!
Seriously, every song on that album is a great - but I like Chaosmongers and Tribal Convictions the best.
Get it man, you wont regret it.

Personally I'm still new to the Eric era Voivod. Phobos is very good - dark and more conceptual than anything after Nothingface.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan