my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Have you ever seen NoMeansNo young? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Have you ever seen NoMeansNo young?
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 11, 2005 19:14     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 11, 2005 22:00     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Rob sure grew into those ears didn't he!

26 more days!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 12, 2005 08:52     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! The drummer plays with marshmallows on his drumsticks! That's SO gay!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 12, 2005 10:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted April 12, 2005 11:00     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where did you find this pic? I'd love to see some pics of their two drummer setup.

Is there a band with less presence on the web than Nomeansno?

18 days until they play in San Francisco.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 12, 2005 12:39     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have found the pic somewhere in this NoMeansNo forum.

A lot of other pics and stuff you can find on www.no-means-no.de, a real good side. Here I saw some pics from their last gig in Berlin, where they were unbelievebale good again:

Yes, there are some ages between these pics and the first.

I have seen the two drummer tour, but have no photos. During my concert Tom Holliston (guitar) had have an asthma attack. After he was saved they played the long rest of the show with one bass/singer and two drums. I'll never forget this show.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 12, 2005 13:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
A lot of other pics and stuff you can find on www.no-means-no.de

I have seen the two drummer tour, but have no photos. D

I just found that site todday and was just about to post it too! I also to the tour with the two drummers - very cool.

24 more days.......Portland.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 12, 2005 15:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, i saw nomeansno young.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted April 12, 2005 15:40     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link to the forum.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 14, 2005 01:34     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
LOL! Rob sure grew into those ears didn't he!

26 more days!

That is funny because it is true! I was watching their DVD over the weekend in my delirious flu haze. Made me feel better............................................. no it didn't. It made me feel worthless and weak!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 14, 2005 01:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to check out this band.
I knew a guy when I was a teenager who was a huge fan of theirs, so he probably saw them young. But he's had a sex change now & disappeared. Presumably to stop him sleeping with goats.
Why do I tell you these things.
& why do I meet people who sleep with animals in the first place.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2005 09:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:

Why do I tell you these things.
& why do I meet people who sleep with animals in the first place.

ummm, wondering the same here. Now, is this sleeping with animals deal strictly an English thing? I know, it cannot be, yet...that's what now, two dudes you know who've done the dirty deeds with sheep?

--------------------

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted April 14, 2005 13:42     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i know an italian metal band with 2 drummers...they are called "kurnalcool" and their lyrics talk pretty much about getting drunk and throwing up

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 14, 2005 15:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, both sheepshaggers were Brits. Although the NMN fan was more into goats & horses apparantly. I am always getting asked why I meet so many nutjobs. I am some kind of wierdo magnet, always meeting "interesting" people, lucky me.
That's not to mention the ex who used to stick deodorant cans up his arse, he was Portuguese tho.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 14, 2005 18:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
That's not to mention the ex who used to stick deodorant cans up his arse, he was Portuguese tho.

sprayer end first?
any photos?

--------------------

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted April 19, 2005 14:38     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the <i>Wrong</i> tour in '91 or so. That was with the original guitar player. One of the most amazing sets I've ever seen.

And I've seen a lot by now.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 19, 2005 14:50     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nate! Haven't seen you in these parts in a while....will you be at Berbati's (Pan) on the 6th?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 19, 2005 15:10     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the shows when sex mad came out were pure insanity. fun times.
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 20, 2005 02:06     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You lucky ones. Never saw Andy Kerr. Started with the Mr. Happy tour.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 20, 2005 09:16     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woo Hoo! We just got tickets for the Tacoma show as well! Looking to head up a little early and find a cool place to shoot pool and drink. Anyone know Tacoma? Suggestions?

X-D, Meg - familiar with this town at all?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 20, 2005 12:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tacoma? that's a scary place. i used to go to shows there, quite a few at the crescent ballroom. my advice would be to spend as little time there as necesary, ie. go to the show and then leave, ha!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted April 20, 2005 13:41     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xXniaXx:
tacoma? that's a scary place. i used to go to shows there, quite a few at the crescent ballroom. my advice would be to spend as little time there as necesary, ie. go to the show and then leave, ha!

HA HA!! I've been there once and was told about the "Tacoma Aroma" and fortunately, I didn't smell anything. We'll see what happens. Maybe well just go to Seattle beforehand instead.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted April 20, 2005 20:56     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Woo Hoo! We just got tickets for the Tacoma show as well! Looking to head up a little early and find a cool place to shoot pool and drink. Anyone know Tacoma? Suggestions?

X-D, Meg - familiar with this town at all?

BEWAH little sis! The "Tacoma Aroma" will follow you home!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 24, 2005 06:58     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've read that a band called "Minutemen" is something for NoMeansNo fans. Did someone here know them and can recommend an album?
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 24, 2005 10:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try Double Nickels on the Dime
& Three Way Tie for Last
& Project Smersh (or some such spelling)
Or, look also for some Firehose and anything by Mike Watt...super cool dude. Of course, many say that the Minutemen were the shit. that is before D. Boon passed away

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan