my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Einstürzende Neubauten tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Einstürzende Neubauten tour
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 02, 2005 03:54     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whenever you get a chance to see them live, go. They are unique. This tour is because of their 25th Birthday and they play songs from every album. You can't believe what
things they use to make music: drills, empty cans, thermomats, radios, steel nibs... One song three members played drums or things like drums. Never have heard a
band, which could play so silent and so brutal together.

Here some pics from last year, looks like the gig I saw last week:

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 02, 2005 12:30     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can you or someone else post some mp3's?
i am pretty curious...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 02, 2005 17:56     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw them years ago, I was very impressed. Very original band. But I think it will be expensive to go see them

& I think Away took a little inspiration from their logo on Phobos!

--------------------

String em up

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 03, 2005 05:06     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is the logo HV means:

Here are some sounds
They make very different music. Try first "Yü-Gung" maybe

Here are the tour dates:

March 27th - Berlin - Postbahnhof
March 28th - Prague - Lucerna
March 29th - Munich - Muffathalle
March 31st - Budapest - A38 Ship
April 1st - Vienna - Gasometer
April 2nd - Dresden - Alter Schlachthof
April 4th - Amsterdam - Paradiso
April 5th - London - Forum
April 7th - Brussels - Ancienne Belgique
April 8th - Paris - La Cigale
April 9th - Nantes - I.D.E.A.L. Festival
April 10th - Barcelona - Apolo
April 12th - Lisbon - CCB
April 13th - Gijon Festival - FREE
April 15th - Cologne - E-Werk
April 17th - Copenhagen - Vega
April 19th - Turin - Teatro della Concordia
April 20th - Athens - Teatro Keramikos
April 21st - Thessaloniki -Teatro Principal

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2005 09:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
- Hi. I'd like to buy tickets for Einstürzende Neubauten, please.

- Wha???

(Einstürzende Neubauten. Best. Bandname. Ever.)

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted April 04, 2005 09:47     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
see them many many times, but believe me, the very last BIG concert of Einsturzende Neubauten is the tour of Tabula Rasa back in 1993. The rest are...yes, pretty cool, but another story
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 05, 2005 12:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still not sure how you pronounce the name. Doesn't it mean "collapsing buildings" or something?

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 05, 2005 14:26     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I'm still not sure how you pronounce the name. Doesn't it mean "collapsing buildings" or something?

Something like "destroying new buildings" or "newly constructed buildings".

I'm so german. TITTE!!!

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted April 05, 2005 16:33     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Einsturzende is "collapsing"
Neubauten is "new buildings"
(subject, the new buildings. action, they falls)

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted April 05, 2005 16:52     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The name "EinstürzENDE NEUbauten" has something like a pun, ENDE means "end" and NEU means "new".
Like their music: on their first albums they destroyed, on the other albums they build something new (I've read that somewhere).

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 08, 2005 00:50     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
I'm so german. TITTE!!!

TITTE!!! TITTE!!! TITTE!!!!

See how Korgull is dwarfed by titties!

... that'll teach him, hah

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 08, 2005 08:59     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You forgot the beer:

(Beer bottles shaped like a tittie. Here you go!)

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted April 08, 2005 13:31     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason they choose the name, it's because there was new building constructed in Berlin in early 80's, which had balconies that collapsed on top of each others, killing many peoples, it was found later that the construction company was at fault.
At least that is what friend of them that I meant while in Berlin in 1988 told me. Halber Mensch is my fav album.

An other interesting band of that era was Test Dept. of England. They had amazing live performance art shows. Scrath Acid is pretty cool and Chrome too.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 08, 2005 13:56     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky, Einstürzende had a big influence on Voivod, at the time, isn't it? And they also worked with Harris Johns, too, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 08, 2005 14:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yayyy!!! seen Test Dept also. they were drumming with gas canisters & stuff. very good they were

--------------------

String em up

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted April 08, 2005 19:53     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Halber Mensch is my fav album.

An other interesting band of that era was Test Dept. of England. They had amazing live performance art shows.

Yeah, great album indeed! But let's not forget «Haus Der Luege», thier second best IMO.

About Test Dept I saw them in November 1990 at "New Music America" in Montreal. That was such an amazing performance! Nothing "normal" here, really strange & innovative for that time. One of the best show I ever seen! In fact Test Dept release an album of that performance called «Proven In Action» Yep, I got it! (view cover HERE) On the original pressing (released by 'em #DEPT02) they even dedicated the album to J-F Veilleux of «The Bunker».
The olds (like me) surely remember this cool guy who introduced us all to industrial music.

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted April 09, 2005 20:29     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I remember the guy from the Bunker that was a small but great store, not only for industrial music but also for hard-core and punk.
I saw that show of Test Dept. in Montreal too, also saw Einsturzende at the same festival, but my favorite show of that festival was The Residents, they did the Elvis show, which was amazing, listening to Elvis' song is slow motion that was very interesting. If you want to know the Residents, listen to "Mark of the Mole" and "Eskimo".
Btw no Einstur. never recorded with Harris Johns but friends of them were working there, “Sprung Aus Den Wolken”. And yes perhaps they were a sort of influence on Voivod, Away liked the way Metal percussions were used and the sound of them, I liked the way noise was used to create harmony and how you could compose melodie with them. I myself was later more influenced by industrial music once I started doing music for my dance company, I build a few percussive industrial instruments, and start banging on them, good for stress relief and sampling. It's hard to say if industrial music was the edge musically for Voivod. Piggy and I listened more contemporain classical music, like Bartok, Penderecki, Starvinsky at that time, which definetly were our main influences, but we also listen to Karlheinz Stockhausen and Edgar Varese which is the advangarde of industrial music. So it is hard to say, we liked the industrial music a lots, that is certain.

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted April 14, 2005 06:51     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
I myself was later more influenced by industrial music once I started doing music for my dance company, I build a few percussive industrial instruments, and start banging on them, good for stress relief and sampling.

BTW, are you still involved with The Holy Body Tattoo or that was just during «Our Brief Eternity» era???
Great soundtrack in fact. I really dig your work & talent on it! Loud & intense.
Also, great cover (as always) by Steven R Gilmore. I bought my copy of the soundtrack when I saw the dance cie at Meduse in Quebec city in october 1997 (produced by LaRotonde). Remember searching for you Blacky but you weren't there! The live performance of the three performers, I saw that night, was HUGE and add to this the multimedia part that give «Our Brief Eternity» all it's meaning! That was such a great discover for me since I wasn't really introduced to that kind of art. I only saw Infante c'est destroy by La La La Human Step before that. So that open my eyes (and ears) to something really powerful and innovative.

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan