my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SCHROEDER'S ART

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SCHROEDER'S ART
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2005 00:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay I finally finished what will become my first signed and numbered print. I went for what I felt will make me some money from what I here requested by customers at the art gallery I work at... so I did a carousel horse

thrilling huh?!?!

Anyway, if you want to check it out and give me a critique go to ART BY SCHROEDER
to see the drawing (along with some other images I posted) and tell me what ya think.

It nothing cool, or surreal, or thought provoking... this was about making $$$ and I'm very pleased with the results.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 27, 2005 00:59     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Ha, like the Eddie lobotomy job!! You still printing these ones??? Most of my shirts are inspired by people I know as well, unfortunately.. but if it wasn't for the ignorance, cuntitude, jealousy, dishonesty, etc etc of other people, we just wouldn't have these ideas in the first place. & I'm too lazy to do proper pictures for mine.

like the horse also, I emailed you already I think!

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 27, 2005 02:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piece of the Rock is a nice piece of art.
I think it is difficult to draw people like that?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2005 07:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx for the comments, keep 'em coming

the shirts are no longer in production, i was stupid and the money I made on the first run was spent on music instead of reinvesting in second printings of the shirts

i usually have no problem captuing people's portraits and making them look right, as long as I have a good reference to draw from. i have a hard time creating something out of my head without the help of visual references... i always second guess myself as to if what i'm drawing is correct, or not

--------------------

yawn

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 27, 2005 09:13     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That Closed Minds-shirts is pretty cool.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 27, 2005 14:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
i usually have no problem captuing people's portraits and making them look right, as long as I have a good reference to draw from. i have a hard time creating something out of my head without the help of visual references... i always second guess myself as to if what i'm drawing is correct, or not

exactly the same here! I can copy anything from a photo, but to try & draw something original, it never looks how I want it to.

& there's nothing stupid about investing in the music, sounds good to me!!
Good luck with the horse prints, I reckon they will sell really well.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 27, 2005 16:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the Pete Townshend drawing a lot, congrats. Are we getting more of your art, schroeder?

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 27, 2005 18:26     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great stuff, man.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2005 18:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks everyone
I'll post some more stuff to the site when I come across it while unpacking boxes in my new home.

If the Carousel Horse does well, there will be more boring commercial images being created... it's all about the $$$ now!!!

I'm looking at doing a print of the Assateaque ponies next. Assateague is close to Ocean City Maryland where I work and we always have requests for the horses in prints, so it's a no brainer. I really don't mind drawing anything as long as it presents a challenge to me, and I like the outcome. It's just too bad that what I know I can sell, I wouldn't even hang on my walls

--------------------

yawn

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted March 29, 2005 00:06     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff, do notice the board whenever you do another one.

I'm not too keen on the "cliCK ON eacH imaGE 4 a LArGer PIctuRE", though.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted March 30, 2005 02:51     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice works Schroeder, congrats!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 30, 2005 03:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
it's all about the $$$ now!!!

Sell out!!!
Just kidding mate - nice work.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 30, 2005 05:01     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh heh, at least he's honest about it eh!!!

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 30, 2005 07:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Sell out!!!
Just kidding mate - nice work.

DAMN STRAIGHT I'M A SELLOUT! ! !

I can't make money drawing demented shit like I would love to do, so if I'm gonna draw I wanta get paid! ! !

Actually I lure them in with the cute horseys pictures and in a year I start putting out the subliminal stuff that will make them all my slaves... ha ha ha ha

If I haven't thrown away all my old drawings I'll post some of them when I find them. A few years ago I tossed my portfilio into the dumpster because I was tired of houling it around with me every time I moved, and I wasn't doing anything with it. I did save some pieces however.

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 30, 2005 08:51     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the tongue on the horse drawing. It gives that little something weird to it...

Keep'em coming!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 30, 2005 12:49     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm curious about your old stuff schroeder...

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 03, 2005 16:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice art schroeder..

i have a request either for a shirt design by HV or a drawing from schroed.

"Ignorance is Bred"

simple, straight forward... ect. And im going to donate it to anus site.

srprozak
VoivodFan
Member # 566

posted April 03, 2005 18:42     Profile for srprozak   Email srprozak     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Anyway, if you want to check it out and give me a critique go to ART BY SCHROEDER
to see the drawing (along with some other images I posted) and tell me what ya think.[/QB]

"Looks like another SCHROEDER SPAM CAMPAIGN." Moderators, please lock this thread.

--------------------

http://www.anus.com/
http://www.churcharson.com/
http://www.gnaa.us/

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 06, 2005 19:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SCHROEDER'S ART

OK, I added a new image to the site. It's a pen and ink drawing I was working on tears ago for my friends band, so it's weirder than the cheesey carousel horse.

more details on the drawing can be seen on the site.
tell me what ya think.

I finally unpacked a small folder that has the few pieces of art that I didn't toss in the trash years ago... yes, I now regret throwing all my drawings away... dumbass.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2005 07:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by srprozak:
"Looks like another SCHROEDER SPAM CAMPAIGN." Moderators, please lock this thread.

yeah, it's a spam campaign to let people see my artwork

FOAD

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 08, 2005 00:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The suggestion box has to be my favourite one now! very surreal. like the tap too, heh heh, I can almost see what you look like there

But it's not as good as my dead duck-fucker spam campaign

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 08, 2005 00:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN, what timing. I had just loaded the new images on to the site and created that 2nd page. you must have clcked on it a second after the new files were updated.

thanks

Most of thos were done about 23 - 25 years ago... damn I'm and old fuck.

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 08, 2005 06:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff man. The Pete Townsend pic rules.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan