my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Don't eat at Wendy's unless you like cooked human fingers (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Don't eat at Wendy's unless you like cooked human fingers
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 24, 2005 20:16     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A diner bit into a segment of human finger while digging into a bowl of chili at a San Jose Wendy's restaurant Tuesday night, Santa Clara County health officials said today.
The woman, who asked officials not to name or even describe her, spit out the well-cooked digit and reportedly warned other diners to stop eating. She then became sick to her stomach....
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/3/23/20281/0511

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2005 21:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quote from the story on the fun that goes on behind the scenes at your local meatpacker:

At the Monfort plant in Grand Island , Nebraska, Richard Skala was beheaded by a dehiding machine. Carlos Vincente . . . was pulled into the cogs of a conveyer belt at an Excel plant in Fort Morgan, Colorado, and torn apart. Lorenzo Marin, Sr. fell from the top of a skinning machine . . . struck his head on the concrete floor of an IBP plant in Columbus Junction, Iowa, and died. . . . Salvador Hernandez-Gonzalez had his head crushed by a pork-loin processing machine at an IBP plant in Madison, Nebraska. At a National Beef plant in Liberal, Kansas, Homer Stull climbed into a blood collection tank to clean it, a filthy tank thirty feet high. Stull was overcome by hydrogen sulfide fumes. Two coworkers climbed into the tank and tried to rescue him. All three men died.

Suprising more "parts" are not turning up with your burger and fries.

Heimdall
VoivodFan
Member # 462

posted March 24, 2005 23:15     Profile for Heimdall   Email Heimdall     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bah, no photos.

--------------------

The demons are so creative...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 25, 2005 11:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can you imagine working nightshift at a meatpacker? Most of the labor is immigrant..also probably illegal. Don't know how they do it. Guess cause they have no choice. In my youth I worked with quite a few Mexicans and it was always a learning experience. I liked every single one of them..and talk about hard workers..holy hell. Those bastards will go until they drop...and then get up and go some more.
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 25, 2005 11:51     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The scary thing about the finger chili is that none of the assembly lines reported anyone losing a finger at work. That means it was in the meat processing plant before it went to the chili cooker people. I wonder what other parts were in there that didn't resemble anything like a finger but were still human? By the way, I have eaten at that particular Wendy's.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 25, 2005 12:12     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It could have been a mobster disposal job ? but i can certainly say i will be looking twice at any wendys for a long time. I mostly cook at home now because i am just sick of the fast-food and it has really taken the plunge from what it used to be, 'specially wendys'
This will most likely be settled out of court so i dont see what the ladys problem is with it really, you know shes going to be loaded with the cash after this one? and wendys will most likely not let it go to court because of the bad publicity they will recieve.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 25, 2005 12:18     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know lots of guys that worked at meat packing plants (there are several in my city - the stink is fucking awful). They told me there's lots of guys who lose the tips of their fingers. Working super fast to hit your quota with an incredibly sharp knife is...well, dangerous. If it ever happens, they are supposed to halt production and if any meat is tainted by blood or whatever, they have to dispose of it.

I worked at Wendy's for a bit when I was a kid and I have a great food horror story.

This chick was topping burgers and sending orders out the drive thru window. She had cut her finger earlier and was wearing a bandage. We got real busy and after the burgers were topped and the order sent out...no more bandage.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 25, 2005 12:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahahahaha.........great story nuc!! Uh, thumbs up!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 25, 2005 12:29     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh, that's some pretty gross stuff. You can imagine all the times rats, insects, and other small critters probably get caught in meat processing machinery and mixed in unnoticed. Nasty.

I do my best to accept that the fact I eat a certain amount of undescribable gropo each year.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 25, 2005 12:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Leave fast food behind......take a protein shake(i do strawberry flavored and blend with two bananas) to work instead. I started this about two weeks ago. Expensive but very little trouble really. Plus no bandage paranoia!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 25, 2005 13:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck I forgot about this one! I picked up my in-laws from the airport last night. They went on a trip to San Antonio and my Mother-in-law had a Strawberry Margarita at some bar while down there. She got alost to the bottom and noticed something in her drink. She thought it was a piece of lime or something so she stabbed it with her straw and pulled it out to reveal...

...a fucking bumblebee!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 25, 2005 14:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok Nuclear Vampire...first I read your large Frankenstein-ish ghost of a pale Sasquatch and the UFO's on acid stories...now the the lost bandage and bumblebee?!?!?
Perhaps you ought to succumb to the dark arts/other-wordly experiences/etc. Just throw in the towel now. ha ha.
Highly entertaining, by the way.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted March 25, 2005 17:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh. Nuc V....

Thats just something they do in Texas.
Its a Mexican thing.
Putting worms and bugs in your drinks and all.

Just swallow the Bee...and you will be like Jim Morrison in the desert on a spiritual voyage. lol

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 25, 2005 17:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez - you better be working out like Arnie drinking those damn protein shakes or it'll go straight to your waist, honey!

Anyway, all this nonsense about the finger - at least they could identify what kind of meat it was. You try 'guess the spicies' at any Turkish Kebab van in England on a friday night! It'd turn your fucking stomach if you weren't so pissed.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 25, 2005 19:37     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well you know we just take it for granted that Resturants are clean for the most part.

When I was in middle school I used to work
at a couple of the best Chinese Resturants
in town. I washed dishes.

When the time came to mop up around the cooks
I would move a mat and roaches would scatter
everywhere.

At night they use to crawl on the racks where the eggrolls were stored.
Right on top of them.

These were the most popular and tasy joints around. I ate there constantly and did even
into my 20's.

Hey good Chinese is hard to find!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 25, 2005 19:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THEY WERE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE CHILLI MEAT... FINALLY SOMEONG WAS ABLE TO PUT THEIR FINGER ON IT!!!

Hey I love scrapple, every part of the pig that didn't get used for something else goes into it... YUMMY!!!

the only meat I like well done ... the rest need to be medium rare and bloody so I know it was alive... MMMMMMMM time to broil my steak for dinner... bye

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 25, 2005 20:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love scrapple schroeder, mine has to be well burnt done too. I mainly get huge satisfaction now from cooking slabs of beef/steaks and anything pork related 'at home', because my roomies that rented some rooms out upstairs well ones a muslim and the other is an indian. we share the same kitchen and its funny as hell they started to keep bottles of bleach spray under the sink, i think i know why. but i just love torturing them and cant get over the looks on their faces. im sure to use the kitchen when i know they're in there too.

that wendys chilli is sure damn "finger lickin' good" tho

oh that was KFC's motto.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 26, 2005 00:26     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross... that's funny as hell... they must think you're the "perfect" roommate

so who got the 9 other fingers?

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 26, 2005 02:23     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... Allah & Buddha has smiled upon them !

Luckily for them i am moving from here thu out the next month, i have been renting here a basement of a house for the last 3yrs @ $700 a month. I have started looking into apartments and townhomes in the last 3 months now because i had a little credit fixing to do while i rented here and finally with the help of credit monitoring have i now just rose above the minimal ranking, which is opening up alot more things to me.

It is funny the things i have learned from these guys over the last 3 yrs, and i can write you a book on it so i'll spare you with only a few paragraphs. But i have lived and worked in an area here just outside D.C. for awhile now and we have a very large Muslim and Indian population so i have come quite acustomed to their rhetoric and 'ways' so to say. I find the Indian's to be a very super cool people and they are totally peace loving people that we have much in common with. The Muslim guy is a recent addition from about a year ago and the Indian guy has been here before me. But it was never brought to my attention before sharing space with them of really how waring of a race both can be. For instance you will never catch 'them' togeather in the kitchen at the same time (god no) but i have learned so much over small talks in the kitchen with both of them. I never realized the hate that even these 2 races have for eachother, but of course they hide the best they can their hate of americans too. The indian is always talking about the muslims being an evil people and stuff like "well the taliban blew up my buddha" and we hate them! he also brought to my attention they they have hated muslims since the dawn of time. And the muslim guy (pretty cool too actually) well he's always complaining about how they pretty much hate everybody. And i say that because he always has something to say about it seems every race out there. But he is alway moping and groaning about Kashmir and parts of india belonging to the muslims and also he is a big time jew hater claiming israel belongs to the muslims too. Mind you none of this was really brought to my attention living here in america and running wild and free all my years, but now that we have such a large population of alot of races (which was'nt so back in the 80's and early 90's) they are also importing their racial hatred to america. Dont get me wrong either but i just never noticed half this stuff before. The indians are really a peace loving people but they can be very quick to turn i guess, just as native americans and redneck americans. But the muslims simply hate everybody man and i almost have no doubt of it. I am not trying to be a bigot here but i have spent alot of time with both races (which are beginning to outnumber both redneck americans and native americans on this soil) and not just these 2 guys. They are in most of the places i have worked and pretty much every gas station on the east coast, not to mention the 7-11's and such. I think the asians are really starting to get worried too. Ahh nevermind my babble, i could go on and on but my point i guess is that these guys have "opened" my eyes to alot of racism and hatred that i just never seen before, and you wanna talk about Religious fanatics? well all i can say is you just have to see these guys rooms and how hardcore they follow their god.

My basement is just all black laquor furniture and nothing on the walls, i like bare walls now. But these guys are heavy into it man, the Indian with his idoltrous statues and incents, and the Muslim with his prayer rug below his GIGANTIC picture of mecca.

I shit you not on any of this... or my kitchen tactics.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 26, 2005 09:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN!!!!

I guess my entire is soon to be a shrine to Rock & Roll... my one and only GOD!!!

That's what I hate about Religion... they almost all preach hate for anyone that doesn't believe in YOUR God.

I'll bet you'll be happy when you move out, but it does sound like you got a lot of education while living there.

I talk to myself when I bump into me in the kitchen... sometimes I can be a complete bastard to me

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 26, 2005 09:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

I talk to myself when I bump into me in the kitchen... sometimes I can be a complete bastard to me

Fascinating stuff, Hatross. I can only imagine the smells of that apartment...food & incense. Your nice steaks! Exposure to other cultures on a daily basis such as you've been, it makes all the damned difference. Although I'd say most Native cultures are incredibly "private" about their traditional practices/ceremonies/rituals and don't do much spewing of religious rhetoric. What I cannot reconcile within myself is how much Native peoples embrace the Catholic religion. Particularly here in the Southwest, considering how harsh conversion "tactics" were pummeled into the Pueblo people. Hell, each of the 19 Pueblos has a Feast Day, in honor of that Pueblo's patron saint. The traditional and Catholic is so intertwined here.
Oh crap...I know, I know, it's about Wendy's and fingers in chili....heh!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 26, 2005 14:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
But the muslims simply hate everybody man and i almost have no doubt of it

That was a cool post, Hatross - a Muslim and a Hindu living in one house! Thats almost a comedy show, with the shrugging Gentile (you) in the middle.

But come on, you can't make such a blanket statement about Muslims and not be challenged over it. All the ones I've ever met (and in the UK, theres a shitload of Muslims) are generally cool. I've met a couple with somewhat odd views regarding homosexuality but mostly they're cool if you don't try to steel their land.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 26, 2005 15:18     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
but mostly they're cool if you don't try to steel their land.

Emlyn i agree, it was kinda blantant but you just gotta live with em and interact with them as much as i have too. I am quite aware of the muslim population in england and as i recall it was not too long ago they were screaming "Muslim State" somewhere in the north of england? which of course turned bloody... Im not sure so i may have to research that some.

Here is a song that we are imprinted with nearly at birth living here in america, mostly in elementary school and such, it's a hymn that we are brainwashed with for being raised in america.

quote:
This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me

As I was walking a ribbon of highway
I saw above me an endless skyway
I saw below me a golden valley
This land was made for you and me

Woody Guthrie 1940

notice the use of the words, (your) & (my)... 'we' dont mind sharing. But just sometimes i think this is how alot of muslim's are raised?

ok mod's this is starting to touch the TM section.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 26, 2005 20:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear oh dear. I thought I was being disgusting giving the workplace bullies shitty-finger-stirred cups of tea. How I hate being out-done.

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 29, 2005 08:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is very interesting! And it all started with a finger!

Regarding meat packaging, I most say that i never buy meat at the supermarket and never eat fastfood. We usually buy meat from the people who breed the animals (i live in the country, heeehaa!), so we always know where our meat comes from. Plus, it's better meat than what you can find at the grocery, more fresh, breeded naturally, less expensive, not industrialy packaged with extra-fingers, etc.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan