my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Curious about new VVF direction? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Curious about new VVF direction?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 23, 2005 14:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what are Hex and Skul thinking about? You mentioned the chatroom could be updated...new graphics on the site..etc..

Just wondering what you guys were wanting to do........

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 23, 2005 14:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, the present chatroom does not allow me to learn any new German swearwords
Ah! Fick dich ins knie!!! Kartoffelkopf!! Buch dich!!! Titte titte titte TITTEN!!!
Ya.. das ist heiss.. wie komme ich am besten bitte??

--------------------

String em up

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 23, 2005 14:09     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mez, the day to day operations of running voivodfan are going to take up most of their time. i mean, this place does not run itself, it's a full time job.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 23, 2005 14:14     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Korgull pisses me off, he needs a fixin' fo sure. Everything i type in there he 'most of the time' will only say half of what i typed! now i dont wanna call korgull biased but i dont see it happening to others when i join in the chat.

I agree with Mez tho, the topic at hand is VoiVodfan = fun, just dont change the color scheme, ive come to like the easiness on my eyes.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 23, 2005 14:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I don't think it needs changing a great deal really, it's damn good as it is. Apart from Korgull being a German prude! Haha. The chatroom seems to play up a bit sometimes. The graphics & that, really nice already I agree!

--------------------

String em up

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 23, 2005 14:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VVF needs some big Adult banner ads.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 23, 2005 15:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
VVF needs some big Adult banner ads.

And billions of pop-ups!!! And Flash animations!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 23, 2005 15:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could really go for some annoying (I mean wonderfully stimulating), pop-unders.

While you're at it, how about some random and blind redirects?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 23, 2005 16:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never forget to display those "make VVF your start page" messages, they're lovely! Especially when that fukkin' "start page" little box appears, stoppin' all the PC function.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 23, 2005 17:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
yeah, the present chatroom does not allow me to learn any new German swearwords

oh man, that was classic. cheers~!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 23, 2005 19:42     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have a botton in the profile that can ignore your stupid ass signatures.

I thought you people had class.

Yeesh.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 23, 2005 21:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1)How about when you're on chat all alone wondering where all your fellow voivoders are a little light is blinking on the forum notifying all that someone is in the chatroom? Is that possible or am I only dreaming?

2)A cage for gorf so we can throw bananas at him.....

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 23, 2005 21:41     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the site looks great but I just know those dudes are cooking up some cool graphics. I personally would like to see avatars in the forum. I always liked associating a pic with a name. More smilies too. But that's just me.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 23, 2005 22:13     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
avatars. like yesterday. avatars with signatures on em, even. avatars in our signatures with signatures in those avatars.

i am not fucking kidding.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 24, 2005 00:38     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, more avatars and thingys that blink. and more bananas for gorf.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 24, 2005 01:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And more smileys yeeaahhh ! i cant resist em, Go hed wit ya bad self Nuc...

Avatars are kinda cool too, it does in a way help associate user to name, and 80X80 size is not so big.

Course i am against anything if it'll hurt bandwidth, do avatars and smileys do that?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 24, 2005 01:58     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
and more bananas for gorf.

But not to 'throw' at him, we're gonna shove em up his...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2005 08:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can we like take a vote on this avatar thing? I find them EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Now I'm beginnging to wonder if we should change anything......
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 24, 2005 10:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTF is an Avatar? My dusty desk dictionary tells me: 1)Hinduism a god's coming to earth in bodily form 2)an embodiment, as of a quality in a person....

Are avatars the boxes with images to the left of a post? If so, I hate them too! Too bloody distracting, with the exception of Miss Hypergrrl's cute Calico kitty who repeatedly makes leaping bounds in an ever sad attempt to catch that, well, what is that thing? A coyote?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 24, 2005 10:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
to have avatars you would have to change from this bulletin board (which does not support avatars) to a new php bb, so all of warcorpse's forum graphics would be ghost and i would hate to see that. i like the forum he designed, what a waste to scrap it just so that people can put a goofy picture next to their posts. just my opinion.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 24, 2005 10:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate avatars.
Signatures are alright, as long as people dont put big ass 500x500 pics in 'em. And i'm not a huge fan of smileys, either. I like boards to look clean, that's my opinion.

As for the direction, well, except for some tweaking here and there, there wont be any huge significant change. The site pretty much runs itself. Some stuff will be added soon, some other stuff will be refined, and some other stuff will be slightly revamped. I'm not going to fuck with the graphics, for one.

Hex probably has tons of idea on his mind, but that's pretty much how I see it.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted March 24, 2005 11:07     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aah, keep the current software, forget about avatars and giant blinking fluo fonts!

(testing smileys...)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 24, 2005 11:13     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If it ain't broke, break it.
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 24, 2005 12:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Luna, those are just .gif files and the calico was chasing a TIGER! Now it's just Hobbes and he's happy that "The Voivod is alive 'n well in da land of ice n' shit."

By the way everyone, I like the site just the way it is.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 24, 2005 13:02     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The major force of this site is the people !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et ŕ l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan