my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Aldo Nova fucking rules!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aldo Nova fucking rules!!!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 05, 2005 03:34     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's of cover of "Fantasy" that I did on my latest demo:
http://home.centurytel.net/bilug/Fantasy.mp3

Now the hard part: trying to GIVE these fuckers away! I layed down everything in my basement using my (ancient) ADAT 8-track. Hey, SM57's can actually go a long way with shitty equipment! ha!

I would have liked to post every song up for download but it's not my space, and besides...I don't know how to upload songs because I'm a fucking retard!!! (I asked a good friend of mine if he could do the upload)...

Anyway, tell me what you guys think of my rendition of "Fantasy"...and give me some deconstructive feedback you bitches!

If you would like a free demo, email me, and I'll send it to you!

Thanks my niggaz!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2005 00:17     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*bump* you fuckers.

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 06, 2005 05:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sounded pretty cool man.. listened to it last night on my pc stup, but i prefer getting it in the car, i go [BOOM BOOM] with metal music unlike most ppl out there into rap. my stereo will kick your ass even 2 blocks away, so i usually get good responses at stop light sound-offs.

ill let ya know how the bros respond tomorrow i use that as a guage alot now. lol

seriously tho, little more refining the keyboards (imo), but do not remove them, that rocks and i myself like it.

ps: post another track or so, plz...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2005 06:25     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

seriously tho, little more refining the keyboards.

That was the "hardest-part" to replicate!!!

For the life of me, I couldn't find the "right-sounding" keyboards for the keyboard-melody part! "BUT" if you listen to the original closely enough over and over again (just like I had... most obviously!) You'll notice that 'keyboards' are on one side, while guitar is on the other side...that happens to be the WEIRD blend that we have all learned to love and hate as far as Aldo Nova's "Fantasy" is concerned!!!

Hail "Canada"...I mean, er.."Aldo Nova!"

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 06, 2005 08:33     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck man, itll help if i heard the original version [sorry] i was kinda analysing a new song just off the top... first listen, but ill be checking them out now.
by "refining" i may have ment mixed down slightly, damn i dunno but i like it!

Blurrhog
VoivodFan
Member # 503

posted March 06, 2005 12:00     Profile for Blurrhog   Email Blurrhog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything was pretty f'ing good. Except the vocals were a little eh'. Good job though!
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2005 13:06     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blurrhog:
Everything was pretty f'ing good. Except the vocals were a little eh'. Good job though!

Damn, I once thought about actually trying to "sing" the song...then I thought to myself...nope! ha!

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2005 13:22     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait to get home and check this out. I've always wanted to cover that tune. Great leads.
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted March 06, 2005 23:34     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off I really liked this song when I was a kid. We didn't have any money so we would borrow the album from the library, play the record and then put a boombox right up to the record player's speaker and record with the built-in condenser mic. It was my first taste of music piracy.

I really like your version too. I think you need to thicken up the keys, but other than that it sounds great. Good stuff.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 07, 2005 09:03     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great stuff! About the keyboard thing everyone mentioned - On the original there is a keyboard AND a guitar playing that line. The guitar is a bit lower in the mix, and the keys have some sort of Phaser on them, but you get the picture. Love your version, dude.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 08, 2005 18:35     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
About the keyboard thing everyone mentioned - On the original there is a keyboard AND a guitar playing that line.
Yeah, I mentioned that above earlier: keyboards on one side, while the guitar is on the other...my only problem with that was that I didn't have enough tracks to record "that" other guitar! ha!
quote:
Love your version, dude.
Thanks man! I tried e-mailing you earlier last week about mailing out a demo to you (I lost your address) but obviously it didn't get to you!

So when am I gonna get a copy of the new Vas Deferens, dammit?

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan