my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » old school thrash rips

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: old school thrash rips
thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 17:28     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone provide any of the following?

whiplash-power and pain
living death-any
violent force-maleviolent assault....
darkness(GE)-any

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 04, 2005 17:33     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes i can, but why should i?

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 04, 2005 17:37     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's not an attempt to be an asshole in general. But it might be a good idea to at least (try) to become a member of the community before asking for stuff.

Not one member is normal in any way, that's why i love the place. I still look at this place as a community rather than a filesharing hub.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 04, 2005 17:51     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh. I'm playing Power and Pain right now by the way Just to be a bitch mp3 192 kb/s

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 04, 2005 18:31     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by george:
Can anyone provide any of the following?

whiplash-power and pain
living death-any
violent force-maleviolent assault....
darkness(GE)-any

Cheh... Here ya go man.
Stairway To Heaven (filesharing forum)

Well put vroom.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 18:31     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn! you really inspire me, maybe next time I will. thanks for the advice BUDDY!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 04, 2005 18:42     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Mike

The thing that's cool about this place is (was?) that you kinda get what you deserve. If you interact and give your best to get to know the people here, suddenly you end up with an ftp address from someone and a few cool links from another guy, (Being here as a VV Fan to start with) Posting albums that's still in print is taking risks. I don't wanna see this site shut down because of some greedy bastards shouting for stuff.

Some of the new guys have shared tons, cool. But i'm not sure this is the right way to do it...

Time for a new Beer. Like i say below:

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 04, 2005 18:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have had to watch all these cool rips come and go because my computer does not have much space on it and I have only had it less than a year, I didn't even get to DL ANYTHING from the frigging VAULTS till just last year. Talk about frustrating

--------------------

thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 18:54     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
alright man, I know what you're saying i've been into thrash for quite awhile and I'm still finding out about new bands every time. I'm only 18, so I didn't live the 80s like i'm assuming alot of people in here did. I'm just trying to find out about new bands and all. Maybe I approached it the wrong way with this topic, but hey people learn don't they. Around here where I live there's but a few real "metalheads". So heavy metal music is hard to come by, I try to pick up music here and there where I can but for the most part it's straight 80s metal for me....well sorry for coming off as a greedy asshole if you may say but it's just my interests in this music that's still keeping me alive. Think about life without 80s heavy metal?
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 04, 2005 18:58     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah. I have no problems what so ever with a guy that has the guts to reply the way you did. Give the place some time and you'll love it here. I just found the first post to a bit "offensive".

Were in the chat. come in and talk some garbage mate

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 04, 2005 19:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Thrashbest, what do you think of that one metal band from up north, Voivod?
thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 19:47     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great band, I'm into punk and i'm into heavy metal so it fits perfectly with my taste in music. what about you?
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted March 04, 2005 19:51     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
what about you?[/QB]

Are you serious?

But seriously, I think it's safe to say that all the regulars here at voivodfan.com are hardcore Voivod fans!!

I luv them very much

thrashbeast
VoivodFan
Member # 542

posted March 04, 2005 20:01     Profile for thrashbeast   Email thrashbeast     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
alright, I admit I'm not as hardcore as others in the forum, but it's the whole heavy metal scene that I'm really hardcore into. I rarely listen to other music than just 80s. I find today's metal in general a little lacking. Back in the old days the thrash scene was new and fresh and I can appreciate for what it was. But it sucks how the heavy metal party came to an end by when the alternative trend came into play. We'll always have the classics to remind us what real metal was all about.
Radman
VoivodFan
Member # 375

posted March 05, 2005 00:10     Profile for Radman   Email Radman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey man,the party didn't end...not if you were TRUE believer.

Since you're 18,I'll remind you that the music scene today is VERY much like it was in the 1980's....98% of what is on MTV/Much Music was and STILL is shit!You should be glad the "alternative" scene came along when it did,it was that scene that finally killed off the fucking hair farmers.Thrash never really "died".It lived on through Death and Black Metal,IMO.

Also,I remember that it was AFTER Nirvana hit it big that I began to see the likes of Megadeth,Anthrax, and Slayer on national TV....not before.The whole industry was waaaay more receptive to "heavy" music in the early/mid 90's than this decade OR the 80's.At least it seemed that way to me at the time.It's all about image again...even more so now than ever before...

Don't forget,Voi Vod toured with "alt. rock" bands Faith No More and Soundagarden in 1990.They were the forerunners for an "alternative" to Poison,Whitney Houston and the Rolling Stones...thank god.

--------------------

Hate your enemies
Save your friends
Find your place
Speak the truth

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted March 05, 2005 03:32     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Posting and reading on this forum has totally changed my musical preferences. Used to be a Metallica purist that was dabbeling into other music, this is just a gateway for me to other bands.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 05, 2005 16:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to our world THRASHBEAST.

There's a lot of great downloads on this site and lots of links to lots of great music all thru this forum. Take some time and look over the site and forum and you discover all kinds of goodies.

BTW Can someone send me some money... I ahve plenty of music, I just want cash

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 05, 2005 17:07     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone please send me a new pencil case? Mine is full...

clicky
(image not work safe)

--------------------

String em up

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 05, 2005 17:39     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Post that shit on a site that's about people who likes that crap instead

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 05, 2005 17:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry sir

--------------------

String em up

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted March 07, 2005 01:15     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thrashbeast, "Power and Pain" was posted here about a year ago. That's how I got my copy.

Keep your eyes open at the "more rare thrash rips" topic and you'll get plenty of good 80's metal. Oh, and welcome to VVFan.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 07, 2005 06:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
--> not necessarily old school, but "sounds cool" <--

found this over at yuri's place, check in the media section if any of you guys have'nt found this yet. all the tunes are good but 'welcome aboard' crushes ! gave me a little bit of a much needed fix.

pretty fuckin Heavy aye !

[/insert lots of emoticon things here]

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan