my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Need New Body - London - Mr. Bungle / Zappa-ish

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need New Body - London - Mr. Bungle / Zappa-ish
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 28, 2005 07:52     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK.
I know it's stupidly short notice and I am being the proselytising fanboy but...

if you have only a vague interest in Frank Zappa or Mr Bungle, then this band genuinely are "unmissable". Hence my use of boldness in this post.

They're playing:
Tues. March 1st. The SPitz, 109 Commercial St, Old Spitalfields Market (Liverpool St.)
£6 on the door!

Really. The most most amazing band of their kind since "Mr Bungle" that I've seen. (if not better...)

I just found this: http://www.gorillasuit.com/neednewvideo/

ace!

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 28, 2005 09:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved that!! Website??? I'm searching google now. I'm assuming this is a UK band??

Thanks Bum!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 28, 2005 10:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh yeah, i saw them last year with hella. they're from philly.

mp3s > http://www.epitonic.com/artists/neednewbody.html

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 28, 2005 13:04     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I loved that!! Website??? I'm searching google now. I'm assuming this is a UK band??

Thanks Bum!

Glad you're glad!

I bought both lp's at the gig. Both real treats for vinyl fetishists - they're individualised and covered in drawings (in crayon, mostly!) from the band, I imagine.
Cool'ly screenprinted too, which I've always loved.
This home made ethic went for the band as well, who dressed in adapted/ammended stuff.

The albums sound pretty contemplative, in comparison with the show - which had energy levels through the roof - when the band members weren't playing they were dancing and just generally gadding about.

The vinyl/cds are on Pickled Egg records, from my old neck of the woods, Leicester.
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/nigel.t/pickledegg.shtml

(Bablicon and Daniel Johnston are also on this label.)

PS: I've also got a PC-burned home made 3" cd of out takes from UFO sessions - also "hand garnished" with bits of cloth, tat and shiny stuff. Much less ridiculous than it sounds.
PM if you want .mp3's or .FLAC's or whatever?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan