my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Slint - ATP - Voivod

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slint - ATP - Voivod
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted February 28, 2005 07:22     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I just got back from ATP having watched Slint play.....
It was amazing of course, but the world will surely be thrilled to know that Dave Pajo was wearing a Voivod tshirt. The classic eighties logo; right there on ATP's stage....
...in amongst Slint, no less.

HOW FLIPPIN' long am I going to have to wait for the real thing at ATP?

Sorry, if this is what passes for news these days... but some of you who also revere Slint will understand, I'm sure...

|  IP: Logged
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted March 02, 2005 05:34     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's pretty cool, man. How were they at ATP? I've heard some mixed reviews of their performance.

Did you make the Slint gig in London last night or are you going tonight? I didn't manage to get a ticket & blagging it is far too difficult for this gig!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 02, 2005 09:06     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
! Bummer...

I thought Slint were astonishing, or if not them - then the music - and yes, there are widely differing opinions regarding the whole of this years ATP...

They were pretty static for the whole performance, but that music... Nell, I don't know the chances of blagging it, but if you can, do so...

I'm not seeing them at all in London. I had this idea that it should be a one shot deal for me. Just see them once and that's enough.
Luckily I thought it sublime.

Last night I went to "Need New Body" again.
Amazing too. I doubt I persuaded anyone here to get there - a bit late, maybe, or my opinions an unknown quantity.

Tonight I'll be sleeping and trying not to think about my dwindling cashflow.

Here is proof of the lovely "hey, asianboy's"
tastes:

ATP

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted March 02, 2005 10:49     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool - awesome pic!

It makes me like Slint even more to know they have such good taste!!

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 06, 2005 21:39     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!!
Remember, I once posted a post about how I thought Slint Spiderland (1991) was very influenced by Voivod's Nothingface. I once e-mailed some guy in Slint to ask about this, he didn't know about Voivod, but he said he'd ask the other members, but never got back to me.
Someone's got to e-mail Dave Pajo to ask about Voivod--was he a fan before Spiderland, or after?
SLINT/VOIVOD TOUR!!!!!!!!!

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 11, 2005 15:15     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello BumEggs,
do you have any more cool photos of Slint to post?

Thx!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 13, 2005 10:00     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://papa-m.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1591

There's great links to photos from here, from all of their current shows.
Slint seemed as elusive as J D Salinger for years, but now there's loads of photos of them siting down and concentrating hard - in slightly various positions.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 14, 2005 00:23     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aha, here are some more...Voivod, you should put these on your DVD and get Dave Pajo to guest play on your new CD!

[/img]

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 15, 2005 04:34     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://slintisback.free.fr/

A site with a great recording of the Reims gig.

Enjoy.....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan