my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod NEWS! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Voivod NEWS!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 04, 2005 18:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I predicted this double album (wishful thinking, of course)

Whoever doesn't want more songs is INSANE!! NUTS!!

And King Buzzo is the coolest nerd in the world LOL

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted March 05, 2005 02:07     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
double album? triple DVD? what's next, a european tour as headliners?

yeah, bring it on! I can handle this

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 05, 2005 02:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
I think I predicted this double album (wishful thinking, of course)

haha, I figured a while back that if the last album was a practical joke then the next one would definately be a double... would have to be ... hmmmm.... but yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.
And no more flying cigars.
for fuck's sake
Give me a ride to Andromeda on your flying thermometer perhaps.
or.. Give me a ride to Saturn on your flying carrot with a hat on..
Give me a ride to the Equator on your flying potato even..
we all know they can do better haha

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 05, 2005 04:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shit... that could have been a killer video !

my only disagreement with the whole release, i think jason decided to go 'light' with 'we carry on' for some reason? mabye it was a statement to your dart target lol... and one from the guys to the fans?

its not that i dont like the song cause i really do, its just choosing it for the video when we coulda had 'divine sun' or 'rebel robot' for say.

but hey... its not my release to have decided.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 06, 2005 11:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
still can't listen to the chorus on rebel robot without cringing, there's some right ropey bits on that song that could have been left off in my opinion, but then I'm not a musician. Most of the songs on that album have ropey bits in them, that ruin the rest of the song. Divine Sun & Gasmask are about the only songs I don't feel that about!!

But then I'm sure I read in an interview a while back that they had been, er, taking some lessons in songwriting from Metallica, maybe this is their way of ripping the piss out of them.

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 06, 2005 12:47     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had somehow envisionned Gasmask Revival as a video. The song is catchy as fuck and I could imagine a bunch of footage of protests and riots and police enforcement and shit like that.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2005 13:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I had somehow envisionned Gasmask Revival as a video. The song is catchy as fuck and I could imagine a bunch of footage of protests and riots and police enforcement and shit like that.

Yeah, I thought they would do that for sure. Guess the album didn't sell enough to warrant a second video.

There are some parts in a few songs that just should not have been there. The entire vocal line to Strange And Ironic is just terrible. But, that being said, I still enjoy the rest of the album. I just skip that track.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 07, 2005 09:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:

I love that poster! Great line-up!

(And Dumas is on the bill too! *guilty pleasure*)

Syl, je compte sur toi pour faire \m/ de ma part pendant Nancy Baudouin... TA DA, TA DA, TA DA DA DA!

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 07, 2005 15:01     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tu peux compter sur moi pour faire \w/ durant Nancy Beaudoin Maldorrröööaaarrr. Je vais acheter des billets aujourd'hui il va y avoir une coupe de freaks de Québec je peux te le garantir !!!

Nancy, Nancy Beaudoin
Chérie, veux-tu êt'ma
Barbie à vie, veux-tu êt'ma
Ruby Tuesday, ma blonde steadée

Fille de nuit, lune de miel
Fille de vie, parc d'amusement
Mon char d'assaut, mon film de guerre
Mon overdose d'amour, ma fin du monde

Nancy, Nancy Beaudoin
Chérie, veux-tu êt'ma
Barbie à vie, veux-tu êt'ma
Maggie McGill, ma blonde steadée

Chat sauvage, fille en chaleur
Mon char de peau, mon sentier de guerre
Mon overdose de vie, ma fin du monde
T'es ma sortie d'urgence

Je l'aime ma blonde
A paraît ben
R'garde là aller !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan