my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod NEWS! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Voivod NEWS!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 23, 2005 15:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At last, some news, from .net:

"We are still working on the new album, which we intend to record this summer.

We just signed a deal with Music Video Distributors Inc/Eclectic DVD.
They will release our first DVD, which will cover the original line-up (80's Videos, shows, demos, artwork etc...).

I'm also working on an artbook with Troubleman Unlimited, which will chronicle 20 years of Voivod art, from 1983 to 2003 (from the first show to the Ozzfest).

In other news, Piggy and I will be part of the 30th anniversary show of the legendary Aut'chose, a 70's band from Montreal , along with members of Grimskunk, Groovy Aarvark, & Aut'chose original members Lucien Francoeur and Jacques Racine. The show will be at Cafe Campus on April 7th 2005.
Away"

DVD, artbook, new album. Now you're talking!

ABOUT AUT'CHOSE/LUCIEN FRANCOEUR

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 23, 2005 15:16     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent!
Now lets see if any of this actually materialize.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 23, 2005 15:45     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A letter I got from Manipulator back in '88 pointed out that Away would be releasing a book of his art "soon".

"Soon" = 17-18 years

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 23, 2005 15:57     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard that this was before they got their new stash of pot. Now they go back at smoking that stuff all day.

P.S. Let's hope it's for real this time.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 23, 2005 16:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it me, or are these news updates simply saying the same thing over and over?

Pardon me if I sound, heaven forbid, skeptical.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 23, 2005 16:37     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool! Hey, there's something slightly different about this news update though... In referring to both the DVDs and the book, Away mentioned actual specifics, and that's fucking awsome I think!

The DVD: Original lineup, promos, live, etc. Maybe the band does read our Voivod wishlist threads! BTW, Eclectic DVD looks like a cool fit for Voivod DVDs, hahah. I see they also carry "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter"... The Power of Christ Impales You
http://www.eclecticdvd.com/

Here is a link for Troubleman Unlimited as well. Looks... interesting.

Let's hope they consult with the Blackest One for source materials for that DVD.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 23, 2005 17:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Splendid update, made my day

--------------------

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 23, 2005 17:09     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good news !!!
Hell things are moving. Piggy with Aut'Chose !
Ayoye ! I've got to see that show. Lucien Francoeur was the the local Jim Morrison !
Nancy Beaudoin !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted February 23, 2005 18:36     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So why is this on .net and NOT on the "official" site? I realize by sending it to Yuri they don't have to actually make the effort of updating their own site, but jeez...it doesn't take that long to post a couple sentence update!!!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 24, 2005 06:26     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An "official" site? They really have one? I guess they have sent it to Yuri because he is their pet dwarf and does ANYTHING for them.

Whatever, at least we got news. Good news, that is. I'm looking forward to the new stuff.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2005 07:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah, some news at last. And good news that is, besides the fact that, here i go again sorry, Voivod will not be making it to the European grounds for the summer festivals. I was kind of hoping for that for almost 8 years now. sniff.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 24, 2005 07:45     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They should do the festivals anyway. Go out and do all the classic tunes to get everyone drooling at the prospect of a new album. I don't expect them on the bill at any of the corporate bollocks festivals we have here in the UK, but I'd gladly travel to Bospop or Dynamo or f'kin anywhere in Europe if they played a festival. Those things are always a blast anyway. Having Voivod on the bill would be one hell of an added bonus.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 24, 2005 15:42     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the dvd is happening for sho', hell if i know about the rest though...
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2005 16:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
They should do the festivals anyway. Go out and do all the classic tunes to get everyone drooling at the prospect of a new album. I don't expect them on the bill at any of the corporate bollocks festivals we have here in the UK, but I'd gladly travel to Bospop or Dynamo or f'kin anywhere in Europe if they played a festival. Those things are always a blast anyway. Having Voivod on the bill would be one hell of an added bonus.

I will offer you s place to sleep then.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2005 17:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone noticed that after the news came on this site 8 hours ago NOBODY gave reaction to it !!!!!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 24, 2005 17:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
Has anyone noticed that after the news came on this site 8 hours ago NOBODY gave reaction to it !!!!!

Probably due to the fact that we were all busy masturbating...ha ha ha ha ha ha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 24, 2005 17:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's this, a race?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2005 17:34     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No , i want just to speak bad about the other site. Sorry about that one. And Luna,
masturbating? good idea, i am off............

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 25, 2005 07:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn it's hard typing with only one hand...well, anyway, I'm absolutely drooling here for the DVD! Thanks Nia for the reassurance, I really really hope the disc will actually materialize before 2061! The new album and the art book wouldn't hurt either. Iiiiiiiiiii'm dreamin' ooofaaaa Voivooooood summeeeeeeer, if only they would tour Europe and especially Scandinavia...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

EFORCE
VoivodFan
Member # 454

posted February 25, 2005 09:07     Profile for EFORCE   Email EFORCE     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know what would be cool??????
If the boys released a record that is heavy as fuck!!!!!!! a la ripping headache/ravenous medicine/tribal convictions/nuclear war style......mixed with alittle fight fire with fire for good measure......Shit,I would personally go buy a copy myself!!!! ha ha..........

wishfull thinking eh????

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 25, 2005 09:34     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe it will be something like Nothingface, only on steroids.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That never gets old. Sigh.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 25, 2005 09:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Y'know what would be even cooler Eric? To get to hear the final demo you did with those guys.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 25, 2005 09:36     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Y'know what would be even cooler Eric? To get to hear the final demo you did with those guys.

You speak wisely oh Skul one !

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 25, 2005 09:37     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 25, 2005 09:46     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

F*CK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan