my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Napalm Death - The Code is Red...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Napalm Death - The Code is Red...
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 23, 2005 11:14     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New tune from Napalm Death - The Code is Red... Long Live the Code!

The-Silence-Is-Deafening.mp3

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 23, 2005 11:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 23, 2005 11:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most excellent.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 24, 2005 17:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm. i like it, not much progression in their music though. Maybe that is not needed.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 24, 2005 17:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll probably be lynched for this, but i dont dig the ultrafast Utopia style ND, like they've gone back the last couple of albums. I prefer the heavy as fuck Harmony Corruption" era and the total Sonic Youth dissonance of the Inside The Torn Apart era.

But this aint too bad.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 24, 2005 22:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they peaked with 'Words' and 'Enemy'. This one sounds pretty killer, but I am hoping for a bit more intensity and weirdness from the rest of the album.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted February 27, 2005 03:15     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well I think the weirdness is still there, more on this album than on OOTL.
And at the same time it's even faster and heavier than OOTL! There's a great feeling of emergency on this album - and this tune in particular - like on classic punk/HC/crust albums.

Many KILLER riffs, Jello Biafra's vocals are great.
Actually it reminds me of 'Inside...', it's (yet another) great ND album, maybe their best!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 12, 2005 01:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neutrino:
well I think the weirdness is still there, more on this album than on OOTL.
And at the same time it's even faster and heavier than OOTL! There's a great feeling of emergency on this album - and this tune in particular - like on classic punk/HC/crust albums.

Many KILLER riffs, Jello Biafra's vocals are great.
Actually it reminds me of 'Inside...', it's (yet another) great ND album, maybe their best!

Finally got to hear the whole thing, and all I can say is...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 12, 2005 05:08     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Napalm Death are a "hardcore" band, plain and simple. They have the same ideals. I fucking love them! On their "Harmony Corruption" tour, Barney surprised me by knocking on my car window in the parking lot next to the venue they were set to play at, asking me if I wanted a handjob!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 13, 2005 08:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got the entire album as well. On a first listen, it sounds terrific.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted March 13, 2005 15:44     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Napalm Death are on fire !!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan