my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » INCREDIBLE ARTIST check this out...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: INCREDIBLE ARTIST check this out...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 20, 2005 22:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE REMO ART SITE

Check this site out and your mind will go insane trying to figure out what the hells going on with the paintings and the framing. This artist is the ex-step brother of a Romanian girl, Andreea, that works at the gallery with me. He's from Canada, and last year when Andreea returned from a trip from Niagra Falls, where Remo met her, he gave her a portfolio book of his work. Upon viewing the first page I was completely blown away. This guy makes Dali look normal!!!! His frames and canvases are all created by himself and twist and fold and bend and bulge creating optical illussions with the subject matter that he paints. I've bugged her since then to get me a book or a web site where I can see his art.... I haven't got a book yet, but I'll be enjoying his online gallery as long as it's up.

Click inside one of the two photos of the gallery walls and then click on each framed image hanging on the wall to see more detail and other camera angles of the art work.

The guy is phenomenal.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 21, 2005 10:36     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like this, very original!

--------------------

String em up

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted February 23, 2005 03:19     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great art, this guy is very insane...
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 23, 2005 11:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell, the painting are great and the framing is sick... this guy is freaky.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 23, 2005 14:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boring...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 23, 2005 21:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude's a genius. How much is this stuff selling for right now?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 23, 2005 21:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure what they sell for. I guess you could call the number listed on his site and ask. The framing is what really drives my mind crazy. Even looking at them in his potfolio book, I still wasn't sure how they bended, folded and rolled. It's hard to really tell exactly what's happening by looking at them on a two dimensional page. I would love to be able to be able to actually look at these hanging on a wall to see what is really going on. How he gets the canvases and frames to contort they way they do is mind blowing.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 23, 2005 22:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento! What, or Who, is Thompson referencing there in yer signature line?
Just curious...[still don't care for the art]

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan